Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1628288 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1925
Thanks for the suggestion, eevan.  Unfortunately, there was no change in the behavior.

I've taken all default options in my setup, even turning off the replay gain and dsp I wish to use in the BubbleUPnP profile.

If folks are able to use the library and renderer without issue, at least I know I'm not beating my head against a wall.

Thanks again!

I use both library and renderer with no problems, albeit with both on linux, not windows, with bubbleupnp on android as controller.

foo_upnp

Reply #1926
Interesting!  I'll try it on an LXLE laptop I have going!  If it works, it may take my router/network/wifi out of the picture.

Thanks Pastim!

foo_upnp

Reply #1927
Interesting!  I'll try it on an LXLE laptop I have going!  If it works, it may take my router/network/wifi out of the picture.

Thanks Pastim!

To be clear, I'm running foobar 1.3 under Wine on linux on a desktop PC, with my mobile android controller connected via wif-fi to my wired home network.  Foobar is one of the best behaved applications running under the this Windows simulation on linux.

foo_upnp

Reply #1928
This is the most awesome thing since sliced bread  It works gloriously. Takes no time at all to learn how it works and how to set it up. I can browse Foobar's folders and playlists in realtime from my Android, see the album art and title formatted tags, listen to whatever track I want while my laptop plays something different and people are listening online to the laptop's output stream. It's such a logical, basic system but it works so gloriously. A great example of technology finally being done right.

foo_upnp

Reply #1929
I have a problem with profiles to use. I did setup profile for DreamBox, and every time I start to play upnp selects Default profile. I can see at logs, it selects DreamBox profile, but apply Default profile for track. Why?

Code: [Select]
User-Agent: Dream Multimedia Dreambox Enigma2 Mediaplayer
foo_upnp: 158.158667: RendererController::GetNearestResource(188)/4960: INFO: matching resource url to target ip 192.168.0.10: [url="http://192.168.0.19:56923/content/3941e5a8dae09cabecf8d3f56dac96e9.wav?profile_id=0&convert=wav"]http://192.168.0.19:56923/content/3941e5a8...amp;convert=wav[/url]
foo_upnp: 158.158822: upnp_server_conf::get_profile(937)/2448: INFO: using profile 'DreamBox', matching header (User-Agent:Dream Multimedia Dreambox Enigma2 Mediaplayer)
foo_upnp: opened 'file://\\diskstation\music\#Chillout\6th Sense - Sleepless (BVCP-21321) - FLAC\08 - Keep On Walking.flac' for streaming, profile: Default, WAV / 44100 Hz / 16 bits / 2 channels, replaygain: off, DSP chain: off
foo_upnp: 158.158991: controller_window::set_track_info_string(1112)/4960: INFO: track info display: 6th Sense - By My Side | PCM | 1411 kbps | 44100 Hz
foo_upnp: 159.159410: controller_window::set_track_info_string(1112)/4960: INFO: track info display: 6th Sense - Keep On Walking | PCM | 1411 kbps | 44100 Hz
foo_upnp: 160.160466: controller_window::set_track_info_string(1112)/4960: INFO: track info display: 6th Sense - Keep On Walking | PCM | 1411 kbps | 44100 Hz
foo_upnp: 161.161281: UPnPAVRendererController::set_transport_state(232)/4960: INFO: No local playing item
foo_upnp: 161.161282: controller_window::set_track_info_string(1112)/4960: INFO: track info display: Stopped

foo_upnp

Reply #1930
I'm using foobar2000 upnp as a controller.  It seems to impose its own sort order on the library.  This is a nuisance.  I've spent quite a bit of time getting my server to deliver the library list in the order I want, only for foobar to change it.

Is there a way to turn off foobar's own sorting of such lists?

foo_upnp

Reply #1931
Hi everyone. I absolutely love this plugin, but I can't figure out how the mp3 transcoding works. I'm using two computers with foobar on each over a lan. I don't need bandwidth savings, but I was just curious what it would look like if mp3 transcoding was enabled. However, upon editing the foobar streaming profile, and having it set to always transcode, the computer still reports pcm being played back. It would say mp3 if transcoding was enabled, right?

foo_upnp

Reply #1932
Hi there. I'm new to these forums and just made an account to post this. I'm trying to use the playback capture stream with plugplayer( from foobar but the stream is very slow. Not laggy. Just slow, like deep voices and such. It is terrifying to listen to. Browsing playlists however work fine and the audio plays normally. I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this.
I had done about 2 hours of searching before i decided to post this. I only saw one other user with this problem but there was no answer for him.
I have isolated that it is indeed foobar that is the problem. I have different apps on the ipod but they all have the symptoms that plugplayer has. So then I got XBMC for my desktop(same desktop) and then rendered it from there and it was the same issue.
The settings in foobar are as follows(although I've tried changing everything at least once):
I feel as though I am missing something very basic. Hopefully someone can lend me a hand. Thank you in advance!

foo_upnp

Reply #1933
I'm using the plugin to access my media library from work using a foobar instance. Everything works as expected however playback stops between tracks - after a song is finished the playback stops for several seconds and then the next track starts.

Is this intended? Is there something I can do about this?

What I've done is select a playlist from the UPnP Browser, right click it, click Send to New playlist and press play on the first item and I've selected "Default" playback mode.

Thanks for the input!

foo_upnp

Reply #1934
Hi,

I use this plugin frequently with my large music collection. It´s really a great functional upgrade for foobar and works perfectly with android bubbleupnp. I really admire the work that has been done so far on this software. However, I have found that the application has limitations that often prevents me to use it in certain scenarios. So I thought that it might be useful to mention these limitations here and make some suggestions for new feature implementation:

For example, implementation of user access restrictions on local network would be very useful function. My suggestion is that the plugin would allow access only to a previously defined list of IP or MAC addresses. In my case, this feature would allow me to use foobar at work and to grant access to my library only to some people.

Second, transcoding for upnp sharing would be much more useful if it could employ the internal convertor pipeline from foobar2000 including the choice of different codecs. Currently the transcoding is limited to mp3 and PCM, which doesn´t cover what is necessary for many cases. For example, transcoding to aac or ogg would more useful than mp3 when low bitrates (80-128kbps) are required. Re-sampling to 44kHz and transcoding to flac would be useful when higher quality is needed but the network is not fast enough for streaming high definition audio (96kHz/24bit).

It would be great if these functions could be implemented in the future although I understand that writing code requires a lot of personal time and effort

Thanks

David

foo_upnp

Reply #1935
Hi
I don't know if this issue has already been asked and answered or if this is the right place 
I'm using foobar with foo_upnp to send music via wifi to a Pioneer n30.
I would like to know how to change the data that is sent (name, artist, date, genre, etc..) and how to make the covers appear in the Pioneer display. 
thanks in advance 
Regards

foo_upnp

Reply #1936
Hi there! Great component here -- got my TV (a Panasonic Viera ST30) playing music off my network drive in minutes after I struggled for a while trying to get Windows Media Player to do anything useful. I had two things I wanted to inquire about:

1. Under the UPnP Controller Playback Queue, the "Sort" option is greyed out. I wanted to randomize the entire list so it plays back on my TV in a random order, but I can't seem to do that. My workaround was to drag the whole playlist to the Default playlist, randomize the order there, then drag it back to the Controller Playback Queue. It would obviously be nice if this weren't necessary.

2. The playback works fine, but transfer of Artist/Album/Track information does not seem to occur after the TV has started playing a track. If I stop the playback, then re-start it, the proper information is shown on the TV screen. However, once the first track is done playing and it continues onto the next, the original information from the first track remains on screen. Strangely, the album art DOES change correctly, but the album/artist/track information does not. Would love to have this fixed so I know what's playing without having to look back at the computer!

Thanks for the hard work on this. It's certainly an improvement over what I had running!

foo_upnp

Reply #1937
Hello,

I have a problem with audio dropouts using Foobar 1.3.2 with foo_upnp and a Marantz MCR603 hifi. All connections are wired (I have no wireless connections anywhere).

It is hard to diagnose because the dropouts occur roughly every 10 minutes or so... The sound cuts out for a split second before continuing as normal. It might be fine for another 15 minutes, or another 5 - no pattern at all as far as I can tell. My music files are all Flac files.

I had no trouble at all for a couple of months, and now over the last few days it's been playing up.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and have tried the following with no success:

1) swapped router for a spare one
2) used external hard disk for music library (i.e. copied all Flac files to external HD and pointed Foobar to this)
3) disabled all shields on my virus checker (Avast)
4) checked DPC latency with freeware meter ("dpclat.exe"), but no spikes on graph to indicate a problem
5) logged off from ISP so that the only network traffic was on my home network (just my PC, router and hifi)
6) tried to do system restore from 1 week ago, but it gives an error and won't complete...

My hifi doesn't suffer dropouts when playing the same files from a USB stick plugged directly in, or when playing CDs.

Any ideas gratefully received. As the dropouts are so infrequent, testing is very time consuming and frustrating. I don't remember installing any new software on my PC recently. I also can't manually reproduce the problem by downloading/uploading data (e.g. with speedtest website).

Bluto

foo_upnp

Reply #1938
forgive my ignorance folks, but am i understanding that this plugin can be used to access/play/stream whatever, my foobar music library remotely, over my phone's data connection? if so that would be quite cool, and if someone would be good enough to point me in the direction of learning how to set it up, id be most appreciative 

foo_upnp

Reply #1939
I have a problem with audio dropouts using Foobar 1.3.2 with foo_upnp and a Marantz MCR603 hifi. All connections are wired (I have no wireless connections anywhere).

It is hard to diagnose because the dropouts occur roughly every 10 minutes or so... The sound cuts out for a split second before continuing as normal. It might be fine for another 15 minutes, or another 5 - no pattern at all as far as I can tell. My music files are all Flac files.

I had no trouble at all for a couple of months, and now over the last few days it's been playing up.
<snip>
Bluto

Problem sorted - should have thought of this earlier. In case it helps anyone else:

My Marantz has "Network Standby" turned ON. This allows it to remember the network connection to my PC, so it finds the Foobar music server very quickly (just a few seconds) when it is switched on. Something must have got slightly corrupted/messed up with the networking recently: not bad enough to stop it working, but enough to cause the occasional stutter as described above. I turned off my Marantz at the mains, and restarted it. This forced it to go through the full network initialising process (normally takes 1 minute or so to connect), but sound has been rock steady since, with no dropouts over about 3 hours of audio playing during the last 2 days. Hooray!

I must say I am deeply impressed with both Foobar and the foo_upnp plug-in - superb, non-bloated pieces of software.

To chrome_waves - I'm afraid I don't have a smart phone, so can't help you here. Hope you get it sorted.

Bluto

foo_upnp

Reply #1940
Hello,

i use the "UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point v0.99.48" for foobar2000 v1.3.2 (on Windows7 64bit).

When i choose the song i want to play from my Denon AVR X1000 (so i use my Denon as "remote control" and foobar is just the "server") i can see the cover of the current mp3 song and the track title.

But when i use the "UPNP Controller" and click on "Playback Stream Caputre" in foobar2000 from my PC then i see only "foobar2000 steam capure" instead of the track title and there is also no cover showed on my Denon.

Is it possible to see the track title and the cover when i use stream caputre?

Greets, Viper

foo_upnp

Reply #1941
Hello,

i use the "UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point v0.99.48" for foobar2000 v1.3.2 (on Windows7 64bit).

When i choose the song i want to play from my Denon AVR X1000 (so i use my Denon as "remote control" and foobar is just the "server") i can see the cover of the current mp3 song and the track title.

But when i use the "UPNP Controller" and click on "Playback Stream Caputre" in foobar2000 from my PC then i see only "foobar2000 steam capure" instead of the track title and there is also no cover showed on my Denon.

Is it possible to see the track title and the cover when i use stream caputre?

Greets, Viper

Hi, this is the same problem I am trying to get around - see my post

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=106065.

If you have any luck perhaps you would be able to copy me in.  I have installed the plugin component 'Now Playing Simple' from Skipyrich, but it doesn't work for me - may work for you ?

Cheers

foo_upnp

Reply #1942
Doesn't work for me, too. But thank you for your answer.
If you can solve this problem please let me know, i will let you know if i can find a solution, too...

foo_upnp

Reply #1943
Im having a little difficulty setting up a profile to transcode my FLAC files to MP3. I'm running the latest version of Foobar2000 and streaming to BubbleUPNP on my android phone. It seems no matter what I try it always says  WAV  |44.1kHz |16 bits under the album art on the Buble UPNP Now Playing screen. Everything plays fine, but doesn't appear to transcode. Below is a screenshot of the streaming profile settings I'm trying to setup/use. What do I need to fix here?

Thanks

foo_upnp

Reply #1944
Im having a little difficulty setting up a profile to transcode my FLAC files to MP3. I'm running the latest version of Foobar2000 and streaming to BubbleUPNP on my android phone. It seems no matter what I try it always says  WAV  |44.1kHz |16 bits under the album art on the Buble UPNP Now Playing screen. Everything plays fine, but doesn't appear to transcode. Below is a screenshot of the streaming profile settings I'm trying to setup/use. What do I need to fix here?

Thanks

I got FLAC to MP3 working but m4a is still showing as WAV how do I just play the m4a?

foo_upnp

Reply #1945

The above are my settings. Transcoding FLAC to MP3 is working but aac and MP3 files are playing as WAV. How do I prevent that?

foo_upnp

Reply #1946
I can't get ADX files (nor XA) to stream using the vgmstream component.  On the Renderer I get a console error saying access denied for the file, but the Server's console says that streaming has started.  I want to stream these files without transcoding.  What's wrong?

foo_upnp

Reply #1947
I presume there's no way to optimize seeking for non-transcoded MP3s when one instance of foobar2000 is connected to another (both via foo_upnp)?

Currently when seeking the whole track has to be transferred up until the seek location, which is really inefficient, especially when dealing with really long MP3s or connections with limited throughput.

foo_upnp

Reply #1948
Hello,

I needed to set up a UPNP Dlna DMR to permanently run in the background on a windows 7 based PC, and the best solution I found was to set up foobar with foo_upnp, and then create a task under system administration to launch foobar at stortup.

Everything seems to work fine, but after a few hours I see the foobar UPNP renderer disappear from DLNA announces, and all staps working. If I look at foobar'd folder KI can see the "running" file flag there, so it seems that foobar is still playing, but no player is available on the netwok anymore.

Any ideas? Could it be the foo_upnp to stop working?
MW

foo_upnp

Reply #1949
This would be cool if the lag wasn't so high.