Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Load/save m3u.playlist + paths? (Read 2430 times) previous topic - next topic

Load/save m3u.playlist + paths?

I'm looking for a way to use foobar's m3u.files on different computers/drives/servers/clients etc. I want to be able to load and save (and configure) the m3u.file format so that I can exchange them.

Foobar generates standard playlists m3u-files with the following format (when I look in Notepad):

Z:\mp3s\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop - Pop Folklore\Alanis Morissette\1995 - Jagged Little Pill\01. All I Really Want.mp3

I needed the EXTM3U-format and thanks to the component foo_extm3u.dll (thanks very much!) I get the following format:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,All I Really Want
Z:\mp3s\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop - Pop Folklore\Alanis Morissette\1995 - Jagged Little Pill\01. All I Really Want.mp3

-- Subquestion: I can only save playlists in this format, not load playlist in foobar with this EXTM3U-format, I get a blank playlist, does anybody have a solution for this? --

And now I need foobar not to generate the absolute path. I need:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,All I Really Want
\alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\mp3s\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop - Pop Folklore\Alanis Morissette\1995 - Jagged Little Pill\01. All I Really Want.mp3

Where Z: = \alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\

On my server the folder is named \alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\ , on my computer this is substituted to Z:
I want to have a playlist to play via the server, so the m3u.format has to start with \alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\ . but I generate the playlist in foobar on my computer so the m3u.format starts with Z: I tried to install foobar on the server, but it didn't work either. I found freeware PlaylistGenerator3 which does the job, but I don't want to use 2 progams.

So, I want to load and save m3u-playlists where I can configure the home-directory. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks!

Load/save m3u.playlist + paths?

Reply #1
foobar should be able to load EXTM3U w/o problem
Only issue I had with it was that foobar just follows links/paths and does not read #EXTINF info, so for streams it's no good, and better to use PLS instead

For you problem, maybe foo_softplaylist component can assist, as it allows import/export of XSPF playlists, and resolves items by artist-title-album combo instead fixed path (maybe it takes also tracknumber and duration in consideration, but I'm not sure). So if you have that item in library it will be loaded no matter where it is located.
There is also foo_playlist_revive or similarly named component, that perhaps can resolve similarly

In either case items needs to be in your media library

For the server part, there are lot of XSPF applets AFAIK, and as a side note for XSPF with http links foo_softplaylist can't be of help but foo_xspf.