IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
yuck foo theme: various questions, was: "Playlist - Various Artists on one album"
Melae
post Jan 19 2015, 18:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 118417

Hello guys,

I downloaded a theme named yuck foo. So far, so good. Everything is working except one thing:
Albums with more artists are splitted into different groups - I want the playlist to order the albums as one.
I searched via Google for the different scripts/solutions, but it won't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I tried to change some things in the Columns UI Playlist View & EsPlaylist, without sucess.
Is there a solutions without using album artist, as I don't use this meta tag?

This post has been edited by Melae: Jan 19 2015, 18:36
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jan 19 2015, 18:45
Post #2

Member No.: 19379

QUOTE (Melae @ Jan 19 2015, 17:34) *
Is there a solutions without using album artist, as I don't use this meta tag?

this is exactly what that tag is for. example:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/wHQCP46DC...Ylw8=w1566-h643

all other foobar playlist viewers expect this too. for this particular album, i use the DJ name as it's a mix compilation but you can use anything you like so long as it's consistent across all album tracks.

edit: you'll probably find the last.fm features in that theme don't work. i need to update it. dry.gif

This post has been edited by marc2003: Jan 19 2015, 18:48

--------------------
http://marc2003.x10host.com/updates
+Quote Post
Melae
post Jan 19 2015, 19:03
Post #3

Oh, thanks for the fast answer.
So I'm gonna need to add the album artist tag.. hm, damn. That's a lot of work, sadly.
I hoped there would be another solution avaible.

No problem btw. with the last.fm feature as I don't use it. I would like it more without the last.fm feature.
What would be cooler, if the lyrics could be auto-fetched online. That's a missing feature for me.
But overall nice theme, thanks for that smile.gif

And another question, while I'm here anyway: In the library I use the Tree and have an artist there with a self-titled album. The tree shows me no "+", as it's only one album from the artist. But should it be this way?

This post has been edited by Melae: Jan 19 2015, 19:07
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jan 19 2015, 19:23
Post #4

Member No.: 19379

i don't use lyrics at all but if you're using a .cfg file i posted for someone else in the comments that includes a lyrics panel, you can set all the download options for that in its preferences (wherever they are).

as for library tree, those are just the default settings. you can customise it to show albums by right clicking and selecting edit view. try something like

CODE
%album artist%\%album%\[%discnumber%.][%tracknumber%. ]%title%

--------------------
http://marc2003.x10host.com/updates
+Quote Post
Melae
post Jan 20 2015, 03:39
Post #5

Okay, thanks again.

Could you tell me how to setup the download options for the lyrics as I don't find any option for lyrics specially?
As for the thread problem, it's more or less solved as I will just mass-tag the album artist tag with "Various Artists", that should work anyway.

Ah, and is it possible to edit the colour of the scrollbar?
Last question hopefully then: Is it possible, that the Genre will update itself after each song if I have an album with various artists and different genres in the playlist? (compilations as example)

Sorry for so many questions.

This post has been edited by Melae: Jan 20 2015, 03:51
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2015 - 06:41