IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Adding cover art to OGM files, How can this be done?
gradinternatwd
post May 30 2012, 20:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92391

How can I add / mux cover art (JPEG, PNG..) to an OGM file. I have a series of these files which contain audio and video streams, and I would like to attach thumbnail photos.

I have tried:
1) Appending an ID-3 tag.
2) mkvtoolnix to append the photo - but this alters the file format from OGG to Matroska.
3) Using the 'tagging' feature of foobar2000 - but foobar2000 states that the operation is not supported for the file type.
4) VirtualDubMod - I can open and save the OGM file but I cannot append an image.
5) VLC Player - I can edit metadata but I cannot commit the changes or even a picture.

I have also Googled extensively.

Help!

This post has been edited by gradinternatwd: May 30 2012, 20:47
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LinkSatonaka
post Jan 16 2013, 08:23
Post #2

Member No.: 105786

QUOTE (gradinternatwd @ May 30 2012, 20:44) *
How can I add / mux cover art (JPEG, PNG..) to an OGM file. I have a series of these files which contain audio and video streams, and I would like to attach thumbnail photos.

I have tried:
1) Appending an ID-3 tag.
2) mkvtoolnix to append the photo - but this alters the file format from OGG to Matroska.
3) Using the 'tagging' feature of foobar2000 - but foobar2000 states that the operation is not supported for the file type.
4) VirtualDubMod - I can open and save the OGM file but I cannot append an image.
5) VLC Player - I can edit metadata but I cannot commit the changes or even a picture.

I have also Googled extensively.

Help!

mp3tag
+Quote Post
gradinternatwd
post Jan 16 2013, 18:27
Post #3

Member No.: 92391

I tried mp3tag. It doesn't recognize .ogm files, and if I change the extension to ogg while mp3tag will see the file, it cannot save the tag.

I do appreciate the reply after such a long period of time!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 02:58