Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Computer Headset for music (Read 2849 times) previous topic - next topic

Computer Headset for music

I am searching a headset for listening music while working on my laptop.
The problem is that it has to be quite good because I wear it sometimes 10-12 h a day.
I don t really need it to play computer games or anything else (just a few times) but it has to have a good sound, good quality and has to be comfortable.

So does anyone has any experience?

Btw. there is another point: I have a quite big head so it shouldn t be to small.

Reply #1
FWIW, I have some Beyerdynamic DT880s that I find very comfortable and I have a big head. The only issue is that the top of my head (or hair?) gets tired after an hour or so. At that point I rest them on another spot and it's OK.

Reply #2
If you are picky about sound (and/or comfort) I always recommend that you go to a hi-fi store and try-out headphones (and speakers) yourself.    Specifications are almost worthless, they all sound different, and different people have different opinions of what sounds best.

Do you have a price range in mind?

You'll also want to consider if you want "closed" headphones (sound isolation), or if you want "open" headphones that you can hear-through.  (I usually prefer "open" headphones.)

Of the headphones I own, I'd say my Koss PortaPro are probably the most comfortable*, and the only ones I'd want to wear many hours a day.  They are light weight, small, and open.    They are also the cheapest that I have (~$50 USD), but the sound quality isn't too bad.  (They are usually rated as one of the best-sounding in their price range...  There is a reason they've remained popular for about 30 years...)

If you search this forum, you'll find quite a few headphone recommendations.  GoodCans.com also has recommendations various price ranges, with a  minimum of "audophile nonsense".

* I have a small head.  I had to add a pad to my Grados where they rest on my head.  Otherwise they sit too-low on my ears, even adjusted as "small" as they go.

Reply #3
Price range???

I'd suggest an over-ear style so there's nothing pressing directly on your ears. I've got these cheapie Sennheiser's at work - http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-202-Pr...s/dp/B003LPTAYI - and I wear them 8hours+ a day. They are super comfortable and don't squish my head or make my ears hot.

I also really like the Sennheiser PX-100's (http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PX-100-Lightweight-Collapsible/dp/B000089GN3) which are also very lightweight and comfortable. But eventually even those can press on my ears a little bit. They're better if you take some breaks in between wearing during the day.

Reply #4
Hmm thanks but I am searching for something full ear.
The price range is from 80€ to 100€

Reply #5
Got the KRK KNS-6400 cans, which should retail for about 99€. I really love their (quite flat) frequency response, and they are comfortable to wear, should fit a big head quite well. Only gripe is the quite short cable (I think 1.5m), you may need an extension cord when using them sitting away from your laptop/stereo.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.