IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Custom "File Name Pattern" in File Operations, Using Beta 8
tberman333
post Dec 26 2007, 00:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17991

Is there anyway to define custom file naming patterns in the file operations functions (move, copy, rename)? I am working on cleaning up my directories where my music is stored and I would like to create folders based on a custom tag I have setup in all of my files. With the old masstagger component this was possible, but I can't seem to find a way to do it in the new versions.

Thanks for the help!

--------------------
GO WHALE!!!

[url="http://www.toddberman.com"]My Website[/url]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Frank Bicking
post Dec 26 2007, 00:53
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2776

Uhm... just enter it into the file name pattern field?

Note that you have to use "move" instead of "rename" if you want to create folders.

This post has been edited by Frank Bicking: Dec 26 2007, 00:55
+Quote Post
mapmike
post Feb 8 2008, 20:44
Post #3

Member No.: 46098

I understand that I can enter custom naming schemes in that box, but is there a way to save a list of custom syntax strings in the new 9.5 File Operations Rename/Move dialog? It seems like a huge advantage to the previous Masstagger Rename/Move dialog where I could quickly load my various custom schemes.

There seems to be the same issue with the Automatically Fill Values dialog of 9.5, so I'm confused. Is this a functionality that is planned for future versions, or is it considered some kind of "advanced" feature for which users should rely on plugins instead of cluttering the default interface?

[edit: I was very confused about how to use "Presets" and asked a dumb question. I figured it out. Sorry.]

This post has been edited by mapmike: Feb 8 2008, 21:03
+Quote Post
Frank Bicking
post Feb 8 2008, 20:55
Post #4

QUOTE (mapmike @ Feb 8 2008, 20:44) *
(...) is there a way to save a list of custom syntax strings in the new 9.5 File Operations Rename/Move dialog?

Under Presets, enter a name and click Save. At a later date, you can select your preset and click Load.
+Quote Post
Dark_Angel
post Feb 12 2008, 17:06
Post #5

Member No.: 12649

I've been having some problems using s custom patern aswell, perhaps you can help me.

I want to use the following name scheme:

[%tracknumber%. ]%artist% - %title%

which works fine, but i don't like how foobar replaces some of the characteres available in tags that aren't allowed in filenames, so i tried to use:

$replace([%tracknumber%. ]%artist% - %title%,'/','-')

for example, to get a "-" instead of a "_" when renaming...but I can't get it to work.
I thought it could be something wrong in the formatting i was using, but i used it in tagging and it works.

Any thoughts?
+Quote Post
Frank Bicking
post Feb 12 2008, 17:09
Post #6

Please read the FAQ about renaming files.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 13:13