Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lossyWAV 1.3.0 released (Read 109040 times) previous topic - next topic

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #75
Hello Nick,
seems I've got a similar issue like Mardel had (foobar 1.2.9 w/lossywav 1.3.0), although re-installation of fb2k didn't help here.

Setting up with the wiki recommended configuration gives the same error message Mardel had (Error 0x00000001).

Then I tried to simplify things by running this converter setup:
Code: [Select]
Encoder file: C:\Program Files\CmdlineTools\lossyWAV.exe
Parameters: - --outdir %d

Converter Status Report:
1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "Z:\Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.wav"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 49 (0x00000031); please re-check parameters) : "Z:\TEMP\Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.lossy.wav"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files\CmdlineTools\lossyWAV.exe" - --outdir "Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.lossy.wav"
  Working folder: Z:\TEMP\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 49 (0x00000031); please re-check parameters

Then w/o piping (and using a different target dir):
Encoder file: C:\Program Files\CmdlineTools\lossyWAV.exe
Parameters: %s --outdir %d

Source: "Z:\Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.wav"
  An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "D:\Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.lossy.wav"
  Conversion failed: Object not found

Any idea what I could try?

.sundance.

P.S. I tried to run it directly in a cmd.exe window:
"C:\Program Files\CmdlineTools\lossyWAV.exe" "Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.wav" --outdir "z:\temp\Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.lossy.wav"
lossyWAV 1.3.0, Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Nick Currie. Copyleft.
This is free software under the GNU GPLv3+ license; There is NO WARRANTY, to
the extent permitted by law. <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/> for details.
%lossyWAV Error% : Directory : z:\temp\Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.lossy.wav\ cannot be accessed.

Maybe there's something wrong with supplying a full path with --outdir
because this works:
"C:\Program Files\CmdlineTools\lossyWAV.exe" "Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.wav" --outdir "z:\temp"
lossyWAV 1.3.0, Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Nick Currie. Copyleft.
This is free software under the GNU GPLv3+ license; There is NO WARRANTY, to
the extent permitted by law. <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/> for details.
Filename  : Robert Plant - Ship of Fools.wav
File Info : 44.10kHz; 2 channel; 16 bit; 05:02.57, 50,90MiB
Progress  : 11.79%; 2.7503 bits; 11.40x; 00:03.12/00:26.54 ...

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #77
@lvqcl:
Tried that, but fb2k complains about invalid encoder parameter without specifying %d

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #78

My problem is quite unique.
If I reboot my pc I have to reinstall foobar agian because the problems come forward ASIO and WASAPI and pipe encode doesn't work.
But after reboot ASIO only works with an older compenent (1.2.6).
I don't know is windows (win 7 64 bit) or creative soundcard (xfi xtrememusic) related problem but pretty annoying.
Wavpack -hh or TAK -pMax
OggVorbis aoTuVb6.03 -q 4

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #79
Tried that, but fb2k complains about invalid encoder parameter without specifying %d

I forgot that LossyWAV doesn't have an option to specify just output file name.

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #80
There is....

Try "--stdinname %d".

[edit] This is then used to create the ".lossy.wav" output filename. [/edit]

[edit2] Re-reading the question, "--outdir" should be used to specify the path to the directory where the output file should be created.

Also, why not just use the destination dialog in the foobar2000 converter to specify your output directory? [/edit2]
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #81
Also, why not just use the destination dialog in the foobar2000 converter to specify your output directory?

That's what I did anyway, but still %d has to be supplied somewhere in the fb2k converter setup to be valid (and, sadly, something like "$directory(%d)" doesn't work either...)
But honestly, I don't need a "lossyWAV" setup; this issue just surfaced when I tried to create a working "lossyFLAC" converter setup (during my investigations), because I failed to make the wiki suggestion work here:
Encoder: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
Extension : lossy.flac
Parameters: /d /c C:\"Program Files"\bin\lossywav - --quality standard --silent --stdout|
            C:\"Program Files"\bin\flac - -b 512 -5 -f -o%d --ignore-chunk-sizes

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #82
Hi there - wonderful project,

I was wondering if it was ever going to be possible to get a LINUX/MAC compilable version of lossyWAV ?

Perhaps this is something to do with the port to C from Delphi ?

Cheers

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #83
Also, why not just use the destination dialog in the foobar2000 converter to specify your output directory?

That's what I did anyway, but still %d has to be supplied somewhere in the fb2k converter setup to be valid (and, sadly, something like "$directory(%d)" doesn't work either...)
But honestly, I don't need a "lossyWAV" setup; this issue just surfaced when I tried to create a working "lossyFLAC" converter setup (during my investigations), because I failed to make the wiki suggestion work here:
Encoder: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
Extension : lossy.flac
Parameters: /d /c C:\"Program Files"\bin\lossywav - --quality standard --silent --stdout|
            C:\"Program Files"\bin\flac - -b 512 -5 -f -o%d --ignore-chunk-sizes

Sounds like some of the issue I'm having with my foobar string.  I tried lossyFLAC first and then just modified the last part to try WavPack for lossyWv to troubleshoot if my syntax was wrong on the lossyWAV side or the output encoder side.  Same issue both ways, it's like it's looking for a concatenated filename first and now it's just not finding the output file (but this is all within one second...no encoding/decoding is taking place that I can tell.

Source: "C:\Users\scott\Documents\{APPS}\13 - Hallowed Ground.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Users\scott\Music\How to Destroy Angels - (2013) Welcome Oblivion\13 - Hallowed Ground.lossy.wv"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" /d /c C:\Users\scott\Documents\{APPS}\foobar2000\lossywav - -quality high --silent --stdout|C:\Users\scott\Documents\{APPS}\foobar2000\wavpack -hm --blocksize=512 --merge-blocks -i - "13 - Hallowed Ground.lossy.wv"
  Working folder: C:\Users\scott\Music\How to Destroy Angels - (2013) Welcome Oblivion\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters

Here's my command line and parameters:

/d /c C:\Users\scott\Documents\{APPS}\foobar2000\lossywav - -quality high --silent --stdout|C:\Users\scott\Documents\{APPS}\foobar2000\wavpack -hm --blocksize=512 --merge-blocks -i - %d

I'm sure it's a small thing like a space or missing something...just cannot get it right.  Any feedback or help I can get on my command here?  I use Foobar commands all the time, putting my binaries all in the root foobar directory (as you see up there).

Thanks for any advice!!!

Scott

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #84
This should work:

Place lossyWAV.exe and wavpack.exe in C:\foobar2000\ and use the following settings:

/d /c C:\foobar2000\lossywav.exe - -q 5 --silent --stdout|C:\foobar2000\wavpack.exe --blocksize=512 --merge-blocks -i - %d
lossyWAV -q H | FLAC -5 ~= 480kbps
QAAC 320kbps

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #85

/d /c C:\Users\scott\Documents\{APPS}\foobar2000\lossywav - -quality high --silent --stdout|C:\Users\scott\Documents\{APPS}\foobar2000\wavpack -hm --blocksize=512 --merge-blocks -i - %d

I'm sure it's a small thing like a space or missing something...just cannot get it right.  Any feedback or help I can get on my command here?  I use Foobar commands all the time, putting my binaries all in the root foobar directory (as you see up there).

It was indeed a small issue: you had "-quality" rather than "--quality" in the command line.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #86

It was indeed a small issue: you had "-quality" rather than "--quality" in the command line.

Thanks to you both! I knew it would be something as small as that, easily overlooked and whoops you with the unwanted results! 

lossyWAV 1.3.0 released

Reply #87
I did a personal listening test a while ago with various problem samples (all tonal, with the exception of castanets) using mp3, aac, mpc at various bitrates. Out of interest I also included lossyWAV though the samples were targeting at mp3 and alike.
Out of the samples tested herding_calls was the outstanding problem for lossyWAV. It took the economic quality (~400 kbps on average) to make it transparent for me.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17