Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpoweramp Release 13 (Read 50258 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #25
Did you not see the end message about installation completing, with the
  • Restart Computer option checked?

Nothing! And believe me, I very, very meticulously check all install options/screens/whatever..  always. Maybe the reboot-without-asking thing happened because I choosed to uninstall the previous version as asked in your installer?

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #26
I will runs some tests, if the uninstall rebooted it perhaps would have done so before dbpoweramp reinstalled.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #27
Did you not see the end message about installation completing, with the
  • Restart Computer option checked?

Nothing! And believe me, I very, very meticulously check all install options/screens/whatever..  always. Maybe the reboot-without-asking thing happened because I choosed to uninstall the previous version as asked in your installer?

In my case, I also chose to uninstall prior version when installing new version.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #28
Yes, when installing over previous version, installer asks if old version should be uninstalled. If the previous version is uninstalled, the installer reboots the system without any warning.

EDIT: and after the system has started, the installer has to be run again as usual.
Hevay is The Way!

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #29
I love this piece of software. Keep up the good work.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #31
It's a delight, has fantastic features, and is very easy to use - but oh to have full cuesheet support!

Cheers,
David.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #32
I think we will all be waiting for R14 for full cue sheet and gap support...

I am hoping spoon implements:

- Updated accurate-rip, that will compare different pressings. As far as I know this is planned.

- Final implementation of cue sheets and gap detection, hopefully with the ability to write cue sheets when ripping to individual tracks, as well as image. Also planned as far as I know

- Re-Rip track in multiple drive: different drive do error recovery differently. It may be possible to partially rip a track in one drive, then re-rip the missing parts in a second drive to re-build an accurate rip of the track. I guess this would save info on which frames had C2 errors and/or needed to be reread. The new drive could start the rip from scratch and see how it does, but also utilize data and C2 error info from the first drive.

- Open DSP architecture for user created DSPs

- Would like to see meta data pulled from multiple freedb choices in perfectmeta, not just one random one as is currently done

- Add discogs as a Perfectmeta source

- Add AlbumArtExchange.com as a album cover source, and option to upload scanned album art to this site.

- A confidence indicator for the PerfectMeta results, the more closely all the results match, the higher the confidence, the lower the confidence, the more closely the user should manually inspect the results.

- Option to write the raw meta-data from each provider to a txt file in the ripped album directory.

- User configurable rules for PerfectMeta

- ability for end users to add more sources for PerfectMeta

- pre-emphasis detection

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #34
- pre-emphasis detection

Yep, I am constantly nagging Spoon on this, but until then maybe others might want to know that that dBp does indeed detect pre-emph, and may display it in the Track technical column, but does unfortunately not log it anywhere.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #35
- pre-emphasis detection

Yep, I am constantly nagging Spoon on this, but until then maybe others might want to know that that dBp does indeed detect pre-emph, and may display it in the Track technical column, but does unfortunately not log it anywhere.

yes, I phrased that poorly. It needs to be an option to either flag this (which is what I would do when archiving) or have a dsp to de-emp, which is what I would do when converting flagged lossless archives to lossy files.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #36
- pre-emphasis detection

yes, I phrased that poorly. It needs to be an option to either flag this (which is what I would do when archiving) or have a dsp to de-emp, which is what I would do when converting flagged lossless archives to lossy files.

I would do almost anything to get the pre-emphasis issue addressed. I know that the detection can challenging (ie EAC) but if we could get a DSP I would be extremely grateful.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #37
I would do almost anything to get the pre-emphasis issue addressed. I know that the detection can challenging (ie EAC) but if we could get a DSP I would be extremely grateful.

Its already detected. At a bare minimum you need to be able to add a flag to a ripped file that the audio in the file has pre-emphasis.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #38
Its already detected. At a bare minimum you need to be able to add a flag to a ripped file that the audio in the file has pre-emphasis.

Where's it detecting it from?  The TOC or the actual subcodes?

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #40
Yeah, same issue as gap detection (I assume).  I have at least one disc where the TOC doesn't indicate PRE but the subcodes do.

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #41
dBpoweramp R13.4 has been released.

Changes:

mp3 Lame updated to 3.98.3
FLAC: if 'AlbumArtist' and 'Album Artist' contain the same item duplicated, it only appears once
id3v2 tags split Soloist tag on '/' not \r
Resample can now convert 192Khz to 44.1KHz and 44.1 to 192Khz
CD Ripper - eject and media detection works with BluRay drives under Windows 7

Bug Fix: Single Track CDs detected again in CD Ripper
Bug Fix: CD Ripper could change CD drive assignment when a device removal or addition took place
Bug Fix: Batch Converter if clicked 'Convert' on the list page would not exclude unchecked files from conversion

dBpoweramp Release 13

Reply #42
dBpoweramp R13.5 has been released.

Changes:
  • Includes Lame 3.98.4 (3.98.3 had issues with corrupted mp3 files are certain bit rates)
  • Includes DSP Effects R6 (Reference Registered)