Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MONOGRAM Musepack filters with SV7 & SV8 support (Read 8832 times) previous topic - next topic

MONOGRAM Musepack filters with SV7 & SV8 support

Hello everybody. I've updated the musepack DirectShow filters so they can now play both SV7 and SV8 files.

You can read more at my blog : MONOGRAM Musepack filters updated

Any hints/bugreports/ideas are welcome.

Best regards,

Igor
have the force, read the source

Reply #1
Confirmed, tested with Winamp and Media Player Classic.

BTW, do you know if there is a way to see the tag data in Winamp (using it's native ds input plugin)?

~

Reply #2
congrats on finishing

thanks a bunch

Reply #3
Confirmed, tested with Winamp and Media Player Classic.

BTW, do you know if there is a way to see the tag data in Winamp (using it's native ds input plugin)?

~

In DirectShow tags can be exposed using the IAMMediaContent interface - that's the way how windows media player reads them. But I'm not sure whether winamp uses this interface too.
In any case tags and IAMMediaContent is the next item on the TODO list of musepack filters.

Reply #4
Hello Igor,

Do you still work on the Musepack DS filters, any progress?
In the related "to do" list one can see that you have planned to add a support for ID3v2 tagged Musepack files. Why do you think it is necessary? I mean, the official tag format is APEv2, maybe optionally ID3v1 (it would be harmless if somebody's added such metadata by accident), but ID3v2?

~

Reply #5
Hello. For the last few weeks I had to focus more on several commercial projects but I'd like to get back to MPC soon. We at MONOGRAM have developed a nice streaming solution (which may possibly also appear as opensource) and I'd like it to support Musepack too.

So first (or perhaps after the tag support) I'm gonna write the encoder & muxer filter and then try to get Musepack work with RTP.

Ok. I'm putting ID3v2 as a "secondary objective"