Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [DOUBLE POST] How can I assign the album artist to an mp3 file? (Read 974 times) previous topic - next topic

[DOUBLE POST] How can I assign the album artist to an mp3 file?

Unfortunately, I do not know how to assign the album artist to an mp3 file so that my two mp3 players read them as “Artist”.

Currently, foobar shows the album artist of my mp3 files in a properties field called “<BAND>” if File/Preferences/Advanced/Map TPE2 to Album Artist (more compatible) is not marked; if marked, it shows the album artist in a properties field called “Album Artist”.

Therefore, I conclude, that the album artist information is included in the mp3 file somewhere but probably assigned to another field (“BAND”?) which my two mp3 players do not read as “Artist”, they always show “Unknown Artist”.

How can I assign the information of the album artist to the proper field or give it the right tag so my mp3 players show me the album artist and not “Unknown Artist”?

(I have already spent quite some time reading posts in the forum but could not find the answer, also, the information given there is quite overwhelming).

Thank you for your help
HJStern