Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Taskbar preview media controls disappeared (columns ui) - Windows 8 (Read 2587 times) previous topic - next topic

Taskbar preview media controls disappeared (columns ui) - Windows 8

The media controls (buttons) when you use taskbar preview have disappeared randomly.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro x64 and installed foobar (1.1.15), copying over my settings from my old OS etc. Foobar has worked fine for weeks until the taskbar controls disappeared.
I upgraded to the latest version (1.1.16) and no difference was made. I've tried a reinstall aswell. I'm using columns ui.

To try a workaround i installed foo_w7shell which is meant to show buttons and artwork in the preview. It only showed the artwork and progress bar, no buttons.
Also note, itunes can still display media control buttons in the task bar preview which suggests it's a foobar problem not windows.
The only thing foobar related i did before it happened was use OblyTile to create a custom tile for foobar. It uses a custom icon then points to foobar2000.exe

Screen: http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/6630/foobarhelp.png

Thanks for any help