Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Itunes Equalizer (Read 2521 times) previous topic - next topic

Itunes Equalizer

Hi. Is this the case?

I don't have any programs that can analyse this.
It seems to sound better but its a hard thing to abx.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Itunes Equalizer

Reply #1
Hi. Is this the case?

I don't have any programs that can analyse this.
It seems to sound better but its a hard thing to abx.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Play something and loop the output of the audio interface to its input and re-record it.  The best would be a file of white or pink noise, but this can be done with music as well.

Then process the two files with a FFT program that calculates phase and amplitude response such as SMAART, Spectra, or Sample Champion.

There may be a freeware program that does this,  but I don't  know of any. Holme Impulse may.

Itunes Equalizer

Reply #2
I suspect it is not linear phase.

Itunes Equalizer

Reply #4
I'd guess it' not useful to ABX because any two equalizers are likely to sound different anyway.    I think the biggest issue with digital EQ is boosting the digital level to the point where it clips the DAC (or, actually the integer data will clip before hitting the DAC).

But, I don't think phase shift is a big deal anyway (unless the left & right channels have different phase or something like that.)