Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 879635 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1175
Ahh...  Thanks.  I am new to Foobar.  I was trying to work the deletion through the component.

Thanks again!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1176
One request for this component:
Is it possible to have additional save setting for the lyrics?  My Fiio X3 needs .lrc files while most everything else I have prefers embedded lyrics.  It would be nice to be able to save the lyrics both in a file location and embedded in the files at the same time.  The correct options are in the drop down, it would just be nice to be able to save 2 different ways.  Back when I used minilyrics it had this functionality.

Otherwise it seems to do everything else great!  I can always run the files through 2 times.  I am using Foo Preview and this component to get the lyrics added.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1177
One request for this component:
Is it possible to have additional save setting for the lyrics?  My Fiio X3 needs .lrc files while most everything else I have prefers embedded lyrics.  It would be nice to be able to save the lyrics both in a file location and embedded in the files at the same time.  The correct options are in the drop down, it would just be nice to be able to save 2 different ways.  Back when I used minilyrics it had this functionality.

Otherwise it seems to do everything else great!  I can always run the files through 2 times.  I am using Foo Preview and this component to get the lyrics added.

from what you say it seems in your situation you already have the lyrics, they are in the tags. downloading them all again, this time as lrc instead of to the tags files would work, but is very inconvenient. maybe the lyrics you have in your tags are all made by yourself, and not downloaded from online. i doubt you would want to rewrite them all as lrc files  even copying and pasting the tag content to a new text file, saving as lrc etc, that is a job for a robot, not a person

I think saving the contents of the tags, in this case the LYRIC tag, saving that to a file for each song, sounds like it is what you need.
extracting tags to files would be welcome in this plugin, but it may be out of scope of the plugin also.
(surely with audio files, dumping the tags to a file, and vice versa,  tagging the audio from a file,  it doesn't sound crazy, this is nothing that should be limited to lyrics etc. it seems very general purpose.)

it would be nice if this plugin could have the option to 'sync' tags and lrc files, or the option to save to both places at once, but it does not at the moment

I was in a similar situation to you, I have lrc files and want to apply them to tags, and looked hard to find a nice program to do it for me, but I ended up making my own. maybe there is something that can do this easily that i overlooked, i made a thread here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=102870, i would like to know! it seems mp3tag might be able to do it. have a look at it, i have not downloaded it yet.
but yes, i made a small tool that can accomplish what you want, I can send it to you if you want? it is java, and command line. if you are not familiar with using command line things then i can help you etc.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1178
from what you say it seems in your situation you already have the lyrics, they are in the tags. downloading them all again, this time as lrc instead of to the tags files would work, but is very inconvenient. maybe the lyrics you have in your tags are all made by yourself, and not downloaded from online. i doubt you would want to rewrite them all as lrc files  even copying and pasting the tag content to a new text file, saving as lrc etc, that is a job for a robot, not a person

Thanks for the reply joshuatm.  Actually at this point I don't have lyrics embedded in the majority of the files, so I need to download them.  Using the preview component and having it set a 5 seconds makes fairly quick work of the files.  I really don't need to do anything.  If I had embedded tags in the files then yes, I would probably just want to copy them to .lrc files. 

I have used mp3 tag extensively in the past, but never for lyrics, so I can't help too much with that.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1179
Thanks for the reply joshuatm.  Actually at this point I don't have lyrics embedded in the majority of the files, so I need to download them.  Using the preview component and having it set a 5 seconds makes fairly quick work of the files.  I really don't need to do anything.  If I had embedded tags in the files then yes, I would probably just want to copy them to .lrc files. 

I have used mp3 tag extensively in the past, but never for lyrics, so I can't help too much with that.

no problem! glad you have a way to sort out what you want to do

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1180
Hello all, I have been using this component almost a year until now and it is really great. Thank you so much to the developer/team who made this.

Unfortunately, now it seems it couldn't search lyric from online source. Whenever I right click on panel, and choose 'Lyric search..' it always found nothing (if there isn't any downloaded lyric) or just one that already saved on drive. I don't know if this is foobar issue or the component issue. I got foobar version 1.2.9 and already upgraded my old 0.3.5.2 version of this component to beta 0.4 listed on front page. The problem still there. It looks like the component couldn't get the internet connection or something. Did anyone experience the same thing?

thank you

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1181
Unfortunately, now it seems it couldn't search lyric from online source. Whenever I right click on panel, and choose 'Lyric search..' it always found nothing (if there isn't any downloaded lyric) or just one that already saved on drive. I don't know if this is foobar issue or the component issue. I got foobar version 1.2.9 and already upgraded my old 0.3.5.2 version of this component to beta 0.4 listed on front page. The problem still there. It looks like the component couldn't get the internet connection or something. Did anyone experience the same thing?

Same here bro. Seems like the plugin is broken.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1182
>Unfortunately, now it seems it couldn't search lyric from online source.
>Seems like the plugin is broken.
I cannot confirm this for at least v.0.3.4. I'm getting lyrics from all available online sources.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1183
It's working here.
lyrics.mirkforce.net appears to be down at the moment, but the others are working fine (apart from timestamped 1 and lyrdb.com - but I have only briefly tested them). Does the google search not work?
Can you provide example artist and titles for me to test?

Thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1184
The vern: Hi, first I'd like to thank you for this plugin! :-)

With recent version (0.4 beta 2) it crashes with my lyricsource plugin ( http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=98311 ) when downloading lyric. In crashlog is:

Code: [Select]
Call path:
entry=>app_mainloop=>lyric_searcher::OverrideLyricResults()

Is there a new version of SDK which will solve this problem? Or is it a problem in my plugin?

Also I had another problem (with previous version where it didn't crashed). I am using "m_pHttpClient->download_page(...)" method to download pages with lyrics, but it is somehow limited to max. 100 000 bytes in length. Some search results are bigger so they got truncated and results in plugin aren't complete. How could I solve this?

Thanks,
Robyer

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1185
Version 0.4 beta 3 uploaded to the Google code site: http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list

Changes:[/u]
- Fixed a bug where the fade height wouldn't update properly when changed in the settings dialogue
- Made the batch search dialogue modeless
- Fixed the message in the batch search where it would say a lyric was found but not saved (it was because a lyric already existed)
- Fixed an issue where the batch search could potentially overwrite existing lyrics
- Removed "Send lyrics to cell" and stopped letssingit.com empty lyrics from the google search
- Fixed lyrics with &# in the google search (I assumed this is where they were coming from)
- Changed the SSE settings - it should now work properly on XP
- Changes such that the new 1.3 update shouldn't affect tag loading (I might have included this in the previous release, I can't remember)
- A new version of the SDK will be released shortly

Thanks again for all your feedback

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1186
Hi, I've used this component before and worked fine but right now I have just 1 problem.

I did a clean installation of foobar (latest) and installed the component, but when I started playing my library I noticed that my embedded lyrics were gone, all of them.
Then I tried to search the lyrics and save them using the function of specifying a folder for lyrics, but whenever I click "Save" in the contextual menu of the lyrics panel nothing happens; it doesn't download the lyrics nor saves them into the music file.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to config something else for the lyrics to appear without having to be connected?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1187
Seeing as there didn't seem anything major wrong with 0.4 beta 3, I've put it up as version 0.4 on the repository (it's exactly the same, just a different version name). You should be able to update through foobar's update feature. Link: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_uie_lyrics3

I've uploaded a new version of the lyric source SDK as well: http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list

@RikuNoctis:
Are you using the new 1.3 beta? Are you using version 0.4 (or 0.4 beta 3) of the lyrics plugin? It sounds like you're having problems due to the new tag handling in the new foobar beta - but these should be fixed by the new version of lyrics3. I guess they might not be saving if your files are read only?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1188
@RikuNoctis:
Are you using the new 1.3 beta? Are you using version 0.4 (or 0.4 beta 3) of the lyrics plugin? It sounds like you're having problems due to the new tag handling in the new foobar beta - but these should be fixed by the new version of lyrics3. I guess they might not be saving if your files are read only?

Version 0.4 right now.
Then I will test the version you say and see if it works. I don't mind losing the previous lyrics but I do want to search and save new ones and have them in a separate folder.

Thanks, I'll check that version and report if having any issues.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1189
After updating from version 0.3.5.2 to 0.4 (foobar 1.2.9) I got the following message:

"Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_lyrics3.dll
Reason: Unknown error code (3221225501)"

Can it be related to: "Changed the SSE settings - it should now work properly on XP"?

I use Windows XP and Pentium III that supports only SSE.

Any help will be appreciated.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1190
You should be able to update through foobar's update feature.

Hi,
the feature update did not work. I downloaded your last version (foo_uie_lyrics3 0.4) to replace foo_uie_lyrics3 0.4 beta 2 (SSE2).

I do not have any problem, I just wanted to tell about the update feature.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1191
- Fixed the message in the batch search where it would say a lyric was found but not saved (it was because a lyric already existed)

This fix seems to have been too aggressive. I don't save lyrics unless they are LRCs. If a text lyric is found, but not an LRC I get the "lyric already exists" message.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1192
@adamjk:
Fixed, I will release another version in a couple of days.

@musikomaniak:
I guess thats because the version name had SSE in it - it worked when I did it from beta3 (but that didn't have the SSE text in the version name). If thats the case then I can fix that relatively easily.

@MordredKLB:
I haven't changed how the lyrics are saved - it still determines whether or not a lyric should be saved according to your settings in preferences. All that I changed was the visual feedback to the user - i.e. instead of saying not saved, it says that a lyric already exists.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1193
@MordredKLB:
I haven't changed how the lyrics are saved - it still determines whether or not a lyric should be saved according to your settings in preferences. All that I changed was the visual feedback to the user - i.e. instead of saying not saved, it says that a lyric already exists.

Yeah, I understand that. It's just that it's giving me the message that lyric already exists when it very obviously doesn't exist on my computer. It is finding a .txt file on one of the servers though (it obviously doesn't say which one anymore) but not saving it because of my settings. I used to get a "lyric was found but not saved" message which was correct in my case.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1194
"@adamjk:
Fixed, I will release another version in a couple of days."

Many thanks!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1195
@musikomaniak:
I guess thats because the version name had SSE in it - it worked when I did it from beta3 (but that didn't have the SSE text in the version name). If thats the case then I can fix that relatively easily.

No need to fix for me. I'll follow the news in the forum

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1196
The vern
thanks for the great update!

please add plyrics.com database if you will have time in future

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1197
Hey guys, so I finally got foobar2000 to work like I wanted. However the one thing that doesn't work is the foobar2000 lyrics. No matter what I try none of my songs have lyrics and it says "found nothing" I use the newest Lyric 3. I would show you guys a picture of it, but i don't know how to do that on this website. So do you guys have any idea what's wrong?

Thanks
Bill W.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1198
Please let us search for\download lyrics on demand only!