Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: User opions wanted (Read 16495 times) previous topic - next topic

User opions wanted

Reply #25
How about battery life ? I'm assuming MPC playback eats battery more quickly than mp3 or Vorbis on iRiver's H120 + Rockbox since Rockbox' MPC code isn't optimized at all. This of course is just an unconfirmed assumtpion. I didn't test it. I have no MPCs lying around and TBH I really don't care since I'm no big fan of MPC. But it might be something to think about, too.

Sebi

User opions wanted

Reply #26
...and using the rockbox firmware, you might as well take advantage of some great (rare) features
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368055"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just because a feature is rare, doesn't mean it is the best option. Tbh, the only way for the OP to choose is to encode a couple of tracks in various formats, and test them on the Rockbox. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368062"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SORRY! MP3 IT IS!

i'm glad you were able to increase your post count a bit.

also, you must not have noticed my smiley - indicating a tongue-in-cheek comment.

if i was being serious i would not have included the previous 5 statements.

later
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368153"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don't chuck your toys out the pram, will you...

User opions wanted

Reply #27
How about battery life ? I'm assuming MPC playback eats battery more quickly than mp3 or Vorbis on iRiver's H120 + Rockbox since Rockbox' MPC code isn't optimized at all. This of course is just an unconfirmed assumtpion. I didn't test it. I have no MPCs lying around and TBH I really don't care since I'm no big fan of MPC. But it might be something to think about, too.

Sebi
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368220"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wouldn't think so at the moment as the clock speed is fixed at 75mhz anyway, but as the clock frequency changes come in, I'm sure battery life will change depending on the optimization of the decoder.

User opions wanted

Reply #28
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368224"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LOL

i'm glad there's a new big man around here

you're getting pretty good at this increasing your post-count thing already, congrats!

later

User opions wanted

Reply #29

LOL

you're getting pretty good at this increasing your post-count thing already, congrats!

later
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368311"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ya what? Big man? You're the one who took the wrong end of the stick in my original post, and you're the one who's got the obsession with post-count.

User opions wanted

Reply #30

LOL

later
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368311"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You appear to be the only one acting big around here.

User opions wanted

Reply #31
Not all of us have your golden ears and whether you want to face the fact that Ogg in its latest beta can churn out some remarkingly good-sounding 80 kbps files or not is not the OP's concern.   And this is especially true for those who live active lifestyles where sound quality has even greater potential of being disrupted by environmental sounds.  This makes 80 kbps Oggs a sweet spot for flash players and the sole reason I purchased a Nano 4GB (once it was announced that Rockbox was functional ).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368041"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just how much music (hours) do you want to carry around? Why not use even lower bitrates, if the quality doesn't bother you at all? You could then have ALL your music in your 4G player, wouldn't it be great? 

Well, seriously... I was talking about HDD (and i meant true HDD, not mini-drive) DAPs. I just criticised generalizing that 80kbps is good for anybody/any DAP. I apologize if i offended you or anybody else, i ain't evil (though my avatar might seem so...).

edit: must learn how to edit quotes properly...

User opions wanted

Reply #32
Fair enough, Martel.  We were coming from different angles (definitely flash over here).  If I went below 80kbps, I'm afraid I couldn't tolerate THAT much loss.