Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recommended Encoder Versions and Settings (Read 562604 times) previous topic - next topic

Recommended Encoder Versions and Settings

Reply #125
Sorry, I've been awfully busy lately and haven't visited for a week or so.  I'll update it very soon. [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317838"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe you can consider moving the recommendation list to the Knowledge Base? That way, several people could contribute to keep it up-to-date. Also, people would keep a close look to make sure noone messes it up.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318302"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's a good idea.  I'll look into that then.

Reply #126
Maybe you can consider moving the recommendation list to the Knowledge Base? That way, several people could contribute to keep it up-to-date. Also, people would keep a close look to make sure noone messes it up.

I think that might be a good idea also  . Wiki is coming along pretty good I mean it could always use work, but I think things are coming along.
budding I.T professional

Reply #127
I was a big mpc fan but this newest guru`s listening test is making me to nswitch from mpc to vorbis as mpc wont progreess anumore.I was testing today the q5 and q6 aotuvb4 with vorbis1.1.1 and what is the status with lancer optimatization build.
Is it general ha concensus that is safe to use and that it gives same output as regular aotuvb4 enc???
If this has been mentioned i apologize as im total vorbis newbie

Reply #128
I guess the purpose of Lancer are to produce identical quality as the aoTuVb4-libVorbis1.1.1-merged encoder, just using SSE optimizations and such for higher speed. Tweaking done should only affect encoding speed. But if this goal are fully reached I would also like to know.....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #129
Just a question regarding CDex.

I've downloaded ogg vorbis dlls using libVorbis v1.1.1  2005-06-29 from rarewares and replaced the old files that were in the CDex folder.

I'm just curious, how do I enable padding? Is it enabled if I just update the DLL's or do I need to use oggenc as an external encoder for this?

I tried both the P3 and P4 versions from the first page with the recommended settings for CDex, but I get a "Can't send data to encoder" error trying that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reply #130
Just a question regarding CDex.

I've downloaded ogg vorbis dlls using libVorbis v1.1.1  2005-06-29 from rarewares and replaced the old files that were in the CDex folder.

I'm just curious, how do I enable padding? Is it enabled if I just update the DLL's or do I. need to use oggenc as an external encoder for this?

I tried both the P3 and P4 versions from the first page with the recommended settings for CDex, but I get a "Can't send data to encoder" error trying that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329280"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You'll need to use oggenc2 for padding, the option isn't available elsewhere. Otherwise, just set it up as any other external encoder in CDex.

Reply #131
As I said before:

Thanks anyway

Reply #132
Does anyone know how to solve the problem, and getting padding to work in Cdex?

Cheers

Reply #133
I get the following error when clicking on the OggDropXPd download link in the first message:

Fatality: Cannot connect to database.

Reply #134
I get the following error when clicking on the OggDropXPd download link in the first message:

Fatality: Cannot connect to database.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331295"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Fixed the broken links.

Reply #135
Does anyone know how to solve the problem, and getting padding to work in Cdex?

Cheers
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331280"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hmm.... Did you type out the command line (with all the switches) exactly?

Just as a test, try this and see if it works

-q 5 - -o "%2"

If it does, then we can add the other switches one-by-one.

Reply #136
Updated the recommended encoder to aoTuV beta 4, following guruboolez' listening test.

Reply #137
the links in the first post for dloading the .exe seem to be dead (.404 error)

oggenc26.exe aoTuV beta 4 (ICL compile for P4/AMD Sempron, Athlon 64)

-

Reply #138
the links in the first post for dloading the .exe seem to be dead (.404 error)

oggenc26.exe aoTuV beta 4 (ICL compile for P4/AMD Sempron, Athlon 64)

-
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345128"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the heads-up.  Looks like the aoTuV beta 4 binaries are all gone on rarewares so I've had to put the newest aoTuV beta 4.51 on there.  Not what I prefer since it hasn't been tested as extensively as aoTuV beta 4, but I got no choice.  Hopefully they are very similar.

Reply #139
I'm having problems encoding.  I'm using Foobar2000 0.8.3, downloaded the A64 compile of Aotuv4.51 with Clienc settings

-q2 - -o %d

Whenever I try to encode, the command prompt screen appears. looks to be running Oggenc2.exe, but there is only a cursor on the screen, and nothing happens.

Reply #140
-q2 - -o %d[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347744"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope you did put a space between -q and 2.

Reply #142
I can use the command line with -q2 and it works just fine.
It still doesn't work in foobar, with or without the space.

Reply #143
Does the generic build work fine w/ foobar?

Reply #144
I downloaded the foobar 9 beta, and it's clienc worked without a single problem.  Does it use different command line parameters for ogg files than 083?

Reply #145
It shouldn't be.
Probably something wrong when piping the decoded stream, either on foobar's end or oggenc2's end, but cmiiw...

Reply #146
The quotes around %d ?  I.e. "%d" instead of %d ...

Reply #147
Sorry, I've been awfully busy lately and haven't visited for a week or so.  I'll update it very soon. [{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318302"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's a good idea.  I'll look into that then.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318303"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Most of the first posting has been placed into [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Recommended_Ogg_Vorbis]this wiki page[/url]. It seems to have acquire a life of its own  so would someone please check up on that page?

Thanx.

Reply #148
One step at a time. I am going to go through and mercifully edit it (including spelling and grammar)  .  I like the fact that your taking the time to adapt the thread into the wiki, but I started working on the page and it's something I have had in mind for a few months and didn't get to finish.  I understand a lot of the internals beneath the Vorbis too, because I have thoroughly inspected the code and I know how to code myself (even though I don't quite that often). You managed to add in junk that doesn't need to be in here 
budding I.T professional

Reply #149
One step at a time. I am going to go through and mercifully edit it (including spelling and grammar)  :D.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355230"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just wanted to say thanks for this wiki.  There is nothing else like it that I have found on the web and it is very concise.

IMO, vorbis is an amazing encoder in terms of size vs. quality.  I've invested in an iaudio 5, and am already looking at a HD player for vorbis (anybody want to buy an ipod?).  I hope that it is here to stay and that tremor keeps getting written and optimized for new chips.