Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: World's First Flash Based MPC Player (Read 47089 times) previous topic - next topic

World's First Flash Based MPC Player

Reply #50
where can get more info about it - -" ? any website ?
  ( hope will have anychance to see DVD,CD base version... in future. )
Guitarist with Tinnitus, i wish to hear the pure silent again.

Reply #51
where can get more info about it - -" ? any website ?
  ( hope will have anychance to see DVD,CD base version... in future. )

How about any version... now?

Reply #52
aren't mpc's rather large to be put on a flashbased device?

Only if you have encoded your MPC´s in a (not necessary) higher quality-level than 5. Remember: Average MPC-bitrate of --q5 is only 170 kbps.

But maybe a breakthru for MPC - same milestone was the plugin for Nero a few months ago. But did you notice? - With Nero 6 the plugins don´t work anymore. 

Hmmm..... i just see, that the original post is already more than 2 months old. Maybe it would be good, if the author would make a statement now, how the things stand on that project.
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #53
That sounds very interesting and takes MPC's last disadvantage! any more nesw & infos? about that?

Reply #54
After trying replaygain, i believe this is a MUST for any portable device, and it looks pretty easy to implement.
She is waiting in the air

Reply #55
But did you notice? - With Nero 6 the plugins don´t work anymore. 

Off-topic (sorry), but I've no problem with old plug-in and Nero 6. At least for reencoding operations (ape & mpc -> HE-AAC).

Reply #56
Well, that was a nice topic. Now let's all go back to the reality where there exists no such device.

Reply #57
Off-topic (sorry), but I've no problem with old plug-in and Nero 6. At least for reencoding operations (ape & mpc -> HE-AAC).

Just to add some info: Also Nero6 plugins work on 5.5. I'm using the HE AAC plugin with my Nero 5.5.10.42

Reply #58
Vorbis abuses on memory usage at low bitrates.

Use more = abuse?

Reply #59
Use more = abuse?

Uses too much

Reply #60
As with all hardware supporting the freaky formats of this limited audiophile community I believe it exists when I see it or when somebody else has seen it, and touched it, and tried it.

Reply #61
It was a clever, intelligent joke - as it seems to me from the start of this thread 
And until now 
But ... nice idea, and I'm believing in miracle.

Reply #63
Babelfish to the rescue!

Surmounting classics MSC DM-N128+

Publication time: On June 10, 2003

N128+ is the MSC classical type N128 promotion version, to N128 at the same time which carries on further consummates, joins some newest technology and the function, is in the present MP3 king of function, all-round champion.

Function introduction that,
1. In sets at 128MB the FLASH memory
2. Supports MP3, WMA, WAV and so on the many kinds of audio frequency form broadcast, simultaneously may do then takes along the hard disk use.
3. Supports the FM numeral frequency modulation reception function
4.E-DISK namely inserts namely (98 is an exception with WINDOWS)
5. The especially big screen, may demonstrate information and so on song name, supports, various countries' writing and each kind of typeface and so on English, and the concurrently back light function, at night uses also facilitates freely.
6. The operation contact surface menu demonstrated that, facilitates the use
7. Multi-purpose ear 机线controlling operation
8. The power loss is low, a AA battery may broadcast above for 10 hours
The 9.USB connection, the connection is convenient, downloading speed 390KB/S.
10. The acoustic fidelity is good, is equipped with the high bass and the numeral volume control function
11. Has the digital sound recording function, also the acoustic fidelity is clear
12. Has (POP) popularly, knight (JAZZ), 摇滚 (ROCK), is classical (CLASSIC) four kind of broadcasts styles, you may have one's wish the choice; At the same time, also may the homemade individuality style broadcast pattern (CUSTOM)
13. Has the many kinds of EQ pattern (Jazz, Classic, Rock, Pop, User Mode)
14. In sets at the electricity story-telling script function, the user may consult the telephone number and so on the related information.
15. From defines machine the picture, fully manifests the user the individuality.
16. The attachment game function, black and white game and so on chess, gluttonous snake, Russian block takes to the user more pleasure.
17. Ten thousand years calendar and the clock function, will be allowed to inquire some year some month some day correlation data and so on date and current time.
18. The text reading function, suitablly loves the book public figure.
19.A-B duplicate reads the function, helps you to be quicker, studies the foreign language well.
20. 独具特色 the multi- duties operation function, the user may on the one hand listen to the music on the other hand to play the game, meanwhile may read the stochastic text, fully sympathizes in the fashion the person.
21. Support lyrics synchronization demonstration function, so long as has the standard the LRC lyrics document, then while broadcasts the MP3 music, demonstrates the music lyrics on the screen.
22. The on-line promotion software function, the user will be allowed to enjoy to from now on more more perfect functions
23. Supports the Windows98/ME/2000/XP operating system
24. External dimensions: 57.5 (width) x 83.6 (long) x 17.2 (is high) mm

MSC DM-N128+

Reply #64
another detail BabelFish translated (located near the bottom, the comments section)

"How does this kind of contour design everybody to think? Very long has not seen the such ugly MP3 player, today long experience!"

Reply #65
supporting the freaky formats of this limited audiophile community

If by freaky you mean FREAKIN' AMAZING and by limited you mean AUDITORALLY ENLIGHTENED.  Then I agree entirely with your statment.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Reply #67
I see no mention of MPC support anywhere on that page.

Yeah, seriously...
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #68
Hahaha, a 128mb player that supports WAV
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Reply #69
I see no mention of MPC support anywhere on that page.

Maybe unofficial mpc support (in order to avoid some legal problems). Dream must go on...

Reply #70
Babelfish to the rescue!

[snip]

14. In sets at the electricity story-telling script function, the user may consult the telephone number and so on the related information.

[snip]

Whoa, you mean if I use it to phone somebody, they will tell me a story about electricity?! Wow! This is exactly the feature I was looking for in a portable! Hehe.   

You've got to love the way Babelfish mangles languages sometimes. Then again, its Chinese is better than mine. 

Reply #71
Lol. If I had studied my chinese better I'll rather do the translation for you guys than babelfish...

Reply #72
Good news, guys : I learned to know a chinese woman 2 years ago over ICQ. She originally wanted to marry me  . Maybe I should re-contact her and give her new hope..... First test of her true love to me is, that she has to translate the promotion-text above.

17. Ten thousand years calendar and the clock function, will be allowed to inquire some year some month some day correlation data and so on date and current time.

Hahah. - Don´t the developers think, their player is a little bit "overtuned"?
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #73
But did you notice? - With Nero 6 the plugins don?t work anymore. 

Also off topic, also sorry.... Just for the record: It was because Nero 6 changes the path where to find the plugins by default. But if you fix this, all the plugins work fine indeed.

Reply #74
aren't mpc's rather large to be put on a flashbased device?

Indeed. Actually I don´t have any MP3-flash-player, so I had no idea, how many songs only fit on 128 MB....
Here is the result of my calculations, how many MPC-songs fit on a 128 MB flash-memory-card (assumed every song lasts 4 minutes):

--q 5 (176 kbps avg. bitrate): ~ 24 songs. (= 1 song has 5,156 MB)
--q 6 (206 kbps avg. bitrate): ~ 21 songs. (= 1 song has 6,035 MB)
--q 7 (235 kbps avg. bitrate): ~ 18 songs. (= 1 song has 6,885 MB)
--q 8 (265 kbps avg. bitrate): ~ 16 songs. (= 1 song has 7,764 MB)

for comparing:
MP3 128 (128 kbps avg. bitrate): ~ 34 songs. (= 1 song has 3,750 MB)

Conclusion: 128 MB is *maybe* enough for 128 kbit MP3´s, but in no way for the MPC-format.