Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Conversion m4a to mp3 (Read 12331 times) previous topic - next topic

Conversion m4a to mp3

Hello...
I'm beginning to get a small collection of .m4a files. Complete albums done from CD's to AAC with iTunes on a friends mac for now...
This is because all though aac is mentioned on winLAME's homepage, I cannot find an encode/decode library that will help me do it.
Now.. I got a Sony MP3 player in my car, and since I use windows and don't want to disturb my friend with too much conversions... Can I do it myself?

I want either a encode/decode library for MP4 to my winLAME, or a way to convert MP4 to MP3 with minimal loss of quality.

Please guide me...

Ronny.

Conversion m4a to mp3

Reply #1
Transcoding sucks man, I really recommend reripping the origonal CDs, if possible.  AFAIK decoding AAC with this and reencoding with LAME should be as good a method as any for transcoding.

I'm beginning to get a small collection of .m4a files. Complete albums done from CD's to AAC with iTunes on a friends mac for now...

Does this mean you are doing the transcoding on a Mac?  Because I have no idea how to help if this is the case.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame