Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: flac compiles at Rarewares? (Read 2799 times) previous topic - next topic

flac compiles at Rarewares?

I'd very much appreciate a few words on the flac compiles at the RareWares Lossless page, specifically the key differences and advantages relative to those in the SourceForge or Mike Wren installer versions. 

Presumably they are faster?  Also, is there any reason why they might generate undetected errors?  (I know people here are very careful about identifying beta versions, so I doubt it, but thought I'd ask.) Thanks.

flac compiles at Rarewares?

Reply #1
Very little difference, unless you want the P4 optimised version. It will be a little faster. but no huge difference. I use the regular one myself and I've never noticed any errors. The decoded flac files have always been bit identical with the original wave file.