Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Application generated exception - error (Read 4539 times) previous topic - next topic

Application generated exception - error

I was able to use EAC-Flacattack to make CDimage files as well as individual Flac and mp3 files.  But today, my luck ran out.  Here is what happend:

I did the usual thing, created a cue file (EAC-Action-Create cue...), then Action-copy selected tracks-compress.

It compressed the first track (in MSDOS Screen) both flac and mp3 files.  But, the second track, and sometimes the third track, I have this message:

"Application generated...exception
Process id=Oxe70(3696) Thread id=Oxe74(3700)"

The MSDOS screen stops at "Individual file compression"

I tried changing configuration of flacattack, but same thing happened every time.  I am still able to do an image file.  What is strange is that it would compressed one or two files before it gives this error message.  Please help.

Reply #1
After hours of fiddling around, I found out what is causing the problem.  I am just amazed no one else has run into this one:

The cd that I am trying to rip with EAC-FLACattack is made up of many artists but under one album name.  somehow flacattack cannot handle the individual compression because it cannot create individual file folders for the different artists.  Imagecd compression is ok.  I have quite a few cd's like that.  Will have to do flac and then lame separately to get around these errors.

Reply #2
I solved the problem:

In EAC, if the cd has vaious artists, make sure the various artist box is unchecked.  Then type a name such as "various" in the artist box. This fixed the individual file compression application error.

Reply #3
Which version of Flacattack are you using? I thought I had fixed this problem. Flacattack now check the cuesheet to see if the CD is a various artist CD.

Reply #4
Which version of Flacattack are you using? I thought I had fixed this problem. Flacattack now check the cuesheet to see if the CD is a various artist CD.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293722"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry it took me this long to reply.  I did not see your reply until now, because I seldom use my real email account, and I did not go back to check the forum.

Anyway, I want to thank you for such great work.  It is really nice to have all the compression options all in one place.

I am using version 102.  I believe it is the latest.  When the "various artists" box is checked, I can see a greyed out "various" word in the cd artist box.  But, I have to uncheck the box, and type it in again to make it work.  You should not spend too much time chasing it , since it is not a big deal to type it in.  Thanks.

Reply #5
I just had a look at my source code. Flacattack looks at the first line in the cue file that starts with "PERFORMER" and then pulls the value that follows. If that value is exactly equal to "Various" then it believes it is working with a Various Artist CD. If the value is anything else such as "various", "Various Artist", "various artist", etc. it won't work. This is something I wil probably change so that it is case insensitive.

Before you uncheck the box and retype in "Various", does it say "various" (lowercase)?

Anyway, I want to thank you for such great work. It is really nice to have all the compression options all in one place.

You're welcome. 

Reply #6
I just had a look at my source code. Flacattack looks at the first line in the cue file that starts with "PERFORMER" and then pulls the value that follows. If that value is exactly equal to "Various" then it believes it is working with a Various Artist CD. If the value is anything else such as "various", "Various Artist", "various artist", etc. it won't work. This is something I wil probably change so that it is case insensitive.

Before you uncheck the box and retype in "Various", does it say "various" (lowercase)?

hmm.  I put the cd in and it says "Various" and it works now, without any action from me.  Tried a few more, and I cannot re-produce the error.  Maybe it is some stupid thing that I did.  Sorry to have wasted your time.