IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Folder structure genre/album/file keeping album structure
KingFerp
post Jun 20 2013, 12:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108036

I am not much of a coding genius so that is why I am asking this. I would like to Organize my music folder like this; Genre/Album/File. But I have quite a lot of albums with song of multiple sub-genres. Is there maybe a way I can take the most common genre of an album and use that as the genre for my folder structure?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jun 20 2013, 12:09
Post #2

Member No.: 19379

you can get the first value of a multi-value tag like this.

CODE
$meta(genre,0)

1 would give the 2nd value and so on.

edit: you can read more about it here: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...a.28name.2Cn.29

This post has been edited by marc2003: Jun 20 2013, 12:11
+Quote Post
KingFerp
post Jun 20 2013, 12:16
Post #3

QUOTE (marc2003 @ Jun 20 2013, 13:09) *
you can get the first value of a multi-value tag like this.

CODE
$meta(genre,0)

1 would give the 2nd value and so on.

edit: you can read more about it here: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...a.28name.2Cn.29

I can see how it would help but it would still cause problems, for example; you have an album with four songs one song has as genre Trip-hop but the next is a Breakbeat song. The album would still be split.

Sorry for being such a pain in the ass. I could do it album per album but it would be much more fun if I could use a script.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jun 20 2013, 12:23
Post #4

Member No.: 19379

ah well i can't help you there. all title formatting is evaluated on a per-track basis so i don't think you'll have much joy trying to achieve this with foobar. you can't analyse a group of tracks to get the most popular value and apply it to other tracks.

edit: i don't use genre myself but if i did, i think i would expect all tracks on the same album to belong to the same genre?? even compilations of different artists would be similar....ish. i guess i'm a bit old fashioned. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by marc2003: Jun 20 2013, 12:25
+Quote Post
KingFerp
post Jun 20 2013, 12:31
Post #5

QUOTE (marc2003 @ Jun 20 2013, 13:23) *
ah well i can't help you there. all title formatting is evaluated on a per-track basis so i don't think you'll have much joy trying to achieve this with foobar. you can't analyse a group of tracks to get the most popular value and apply it to other tracks.

edit: i don't use genre myself but if i did, i think i would expect all tracks on the same album to belong to the same genre?? even compilations of different artists would be similar....ish. i guess i'm a bit old fashioned. tongue.gif

Yeah I think it is quite a long shot trying to achieve it with foobar. Maybe I can achieve this with some kind of database which keeps track of all genres and its sub-genres. But I'll just stick to Album/File for now.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:09