Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341875 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1600
Bingo! All working when update your date and time by windows internet server!

foo_discogs

Reply #1601
Hmmm, seems searching for The Beach Boys returns this error only. When I search for other artists it works.

That's something to report to Discogs. I reported it.

Bingo! All working when update your date and time by windows internet server!

Good to hear. :-) Low & others with this problem, you might want to try this.

foo_discogs

Reply #1602
Hi all

Firstly, I really appreciate all the work that is done on this fantastic plugin, it's an absolute godsend to tagging my music.

However, I'm not sure why the multi-disc release option has been removed? I much preferred the functionality the way it was if im honest, part of the reason is, if I had a folder 'CD1' 'CD2' & 'CD3' I used to drag & drop each folder one at a time in foobar, remove the existing tags, then run the discogs tagger, and it would fetch the cover.jpg for each folder individually, however with the new plugin it wont allow me to pull the cover.jpg for each disc. This then means when I am playing a multi-disc release in foobar the artwork only shows for disc 1, not for disc 2 & 3. The solution for this is to copy the cover.jpg from CD1 to the other 2 folders but thats manual work that is a bit of a nuisance.

Please can you advise how the new process works, not sure I like it as it relies upon the mp3 filenames being numbered 01-20 & 01-20 would count as disc 1 then disc 2.

Thanks in advance.

foo_discogs

Reply #1603
The new process would be to tag all tracks from 3 discs at once. As with tagging a single disc, if the tracks are not ordered in your playlist when you start foo_discogs, you'll have to order them manually (automatic matching by length might work in some cases).

The multi-disc options were removed because it was a lot of manual work to run foo_discogs 3x and fill out the multi-disc part 2 of those times. It's easier to run it once with all the files and have the disc numbers automatically parsed. In the future there should be a backup way to renumber discs and tracks in the plugin, but for most cases the automatic disc number parsing should work.

Your options that I can think of:
- Stick with a previous version of foo_discogs and continue using the manual multi-disc options.
- Copy the cover.jpg to each subdirectory after tagging (you could create a script to automate this).
- Change your directory structure (ie. put all tracks in a single directory or save 1 copy of the artwork per release).

Unfortunately foo_discogs doesn't [currently] support saving artwork to multiple locations for a release. IMO that sounds pretty redundant and it probably wouldn't be a popular use case.

foo_discogs

Reply #1604
for multi-disc releases, you can save 1 image in the parent folder and configure the main artwork preferences like this so it gets displayed:

Code: [Select]
..\folder.jpg

foo_discogs

Reply #1605
for multi-disc releases, you can save 1 image in the parent folder and configure the main artwork preferences like this so it gets displayed:

..\folder.jpg

[I have yet to use this on a multi-disc release] By default, it creates a parent folder, album name, and then under this, CD1, CD2, etc.?

foo_discogs

Reply #1606
how your folders are structured would depend entirely on how you rip or convert your files. my post was simply a suggestion on how to use 1 image if you use CD1, CD2, etc as subfolders of a main album folder.

foo_discogs

Reply #1608
Hi,
I don't know, if this is an error from the addon, or maybe, the release is just that way...
but I'd like to post this, because it seems strange to me. (maybe someone can explain to me, why the addon shows additional lines

foo_discogs

Reply #1609
Hi,
I don't know, if this is an error from the addon, or maybe, the release is just that way...
but I'd like to post this, because it seems strange to me. (maybe someone can explain to me, why the addon shows additional lines

The release on Discogs has 2 empty tracks in the tracklist that ought to be removed (and should probably be ignored by foo_discogs, but aren't currently). :-)

foo_discogs

Reply #1610
Seems to be a bug when a release has Notes added to it, as had a couple of examples last night when doing some tagging where it detected the Notes as additional tracks, thankfully not every word was a different track! lol

foo_discogs

Reply #1611
When i start fb2k, i see in the console this message "Conf2 already initialized.".
What does it mean?
I saw that Conf2 is foo_discogs.dll

foo_discogs

Reply #1612
When i start fb2k, i see in the console this message "Conf2 already initialized.".
What does it mean?
I saw that Conf2 is foo_discogs.dll

It's just useless debugging info. :-)

foo_discogs

Reply #1613
double post

foo_discogs

Reply #1614
just noticed that in v1.51 option "Format track/disc numbers/counts on two digits" doesnt work for %DISCNUMBER% and %TOTALDISCS%.

besides of that many thx again for maintaining this beloved plugin!!!

cheers

foo_discogs

Reply #1615
Hi

Just started using Foobar and am in the process of re-ripping my CDs to lossless (old fart and a hella lot were in =<192K).  Found your updated foo_discogs, thank you zoomorph for fast responses and updating this plug in.  I've just spent most of the day reading through every post to get a grasp heh.  I have just tested it on a few files missing information and it works brilliantly and so I have a feature request. 

In the Release dialogue, I like to sometimes 'Edit tag mappings' on the fly just for that release - this works great for updating a single tag field like genre, however it's a pain to un-select everything and leave the genre field ticked (easy enough to go back to default by the default button) so next to the default button is it possible to put a 'no mappings' button, then my old arthritic hands only have to do one tick

Regards
Titan

foo_discogs

Reply #1616
I'm getting a fatal error when I try and tag anything. Seems to be rate limiting related to image URLs. Is this Discogs being dicks again?

In any case, does it really stop the plugin retrieving the tagging info? Can this be altered so it's not a fatal error?
Thanks.

foo_discogs

Reply #1617
I'm getting a fatal error when I try and tag anything. Seems to be rate limiting related to image URLs. Is this Discogs being dicks again?

In any case, does it really stop the plugin retrieving the tagging info? Can this be altered so it's not a fatal error?
Thanks.

in options you can disable fetching art by using discogs api...

foo_discogs

Reply #1618
I suspect that it's this way because if there are 3 artists and only 1 or 2 have ANVs it would be impossible to know which ones the ANV field applies to. What do you think should happen in such a case? N/A or something could be written for the other artists'?

Hi zoomorph,

yeah - that's indeed a problem.

For myself I have now solved this by using multiple multi-value artist fields (%ARTIST%, %ARTIST2%, %ARTISTn%).

$meta(ARTIST,0) = Primary name
$meta(ARTIST,1) = Artist name variation

$meta(ARTIST2,0) = Join (e.g.: Feat., &, vs., pres.)
$meta(ARTIST2,1) = Primary name of second artist
$meta(ARTIST2,2) = Artist name variation of second artist

Visual example:

In case anyone likes this concept, here's the pattern of my custom artist playlist column (up to 4 artists):
$if(%ARTIST2%,$if2($meta(ARTIST,1)>>*<<,$meta(ARTIST,0))[ >>$meta(ARTIST2,0)<< $if2($meta(ARTIST2,2)>>*<<,$meta(ARTIST2,1))][ >>$meta(ARTIST3,0)<< $if2($meta(ARTIST3,2)>>*<<,$meta(ARTIST3,1))],[$if2($meta(ARTIST,1)>>*<<,%TRACK ARTIST%)])

foo_discogs

Reply #1619
Probably suggested before in this long topic, but I would appreciate if the release date of the key release within a possible master release was also mapped into some tag.

Cheers.

foo_discogs

Reply #1620
Probably suggested before in this long topic, but I would appreciate if the release date of the key release within a possible master release was also mapped into some tag.

Cheers.

Definitely something I've thought about adding. I think the tag mappings should be revamped in general, though, because they are too rigid right now. They should be much more configurable. Users should be able to create/remove tag mappings and use title formatting strings in determining what value to write, based on the core internal data fields.

It would also be nice to see the release_dialog a lot more flexible (ie. let users edit the fields right there, select/deselect which ones they want to write).

Unfortunately I have no time to work on foo_discogs now. Others are welcome to jump in though. 

foo_discogs

Reply #1621
Does this plugin allow for lookups on a file-by-file basis, in bulk?

foo_discogs

Reply #1622
How can I get tags for a compilation?

If I type in "Various" or "Various Artists" in the [Artist:] filed and set the filter to the Compilation name I get no results.
Well, there's probably a gazillion Albums out there with "Various" or "Various Artists"

The discogs tagger looks up the artist name in the database in the first place and if any result is found applies the filter (correct me if I'm wrong)
In the case of an compilation this doesn't seem to work very well.

So my proposal here is to add a "search by keywords" or something like that as the following query would do:
http://www.discogs.com/search/?q=%search_string%

foo_discogs

Reply #1624
So Suddenly after months of working just fine

(skipped) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?] - (url: http://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token)

[ESCAPE to close]

How do I fix this? it won't let me authenticate it anymore?