Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
Panels UI: Retrieving tags of selected track
mquander
post Apr 15 2007, 11:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 33181

I'm wondering if there's any way to ever get any data programmatically about the currently selected/highlighted playlist track using Panels UI (either with SCPL or the Columns UI playlist, I suppose.)

The immediate application I'm thinking of is album art - I'd like to have a foo_uie_albumart-style "follow cursor" album art mode, which would require getting the pathname of the currently selected track on the playlist.

EDIT: Topic title was about Panel..s UI, but it got cut off.

Moderation: Changed title and moved topic to 3rd party plugins.

Original title: "Retrieving tags and information about selected playlist entry in Panel, Is this possible?"

This post has been edited by Frank Bicking: Apr 15 2007, 11:29
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
noorotic
post Apr 15 2007, 12:09
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 39911

QUOTE (mquander @ Apr 15 2007, 05:01) *
I'm wondering if there's any way to ever get any data programmatically about the currently selected/highlighted playlist track using Panels UI (either with SCPL or the Columns UI playlist, I suppose.)

The immediate application I'm thinking of is album art - I'd like to have a foo_uie_albumart-style "follow cursor" album art mode, which would require getting the pathname of the currently selected track on the playlist.

EDIT: Topic title was about Panel..s UI, but it got cut off.

Moderation: Changed title and moved topic to 3rd party plugins.

Original title: "Retrieving tags and information about selected playlist entry in Panel, Is this possible?"

This is easy. smile.gif Although, I am not using the foo_uie_albumart, so I'm not positive it can be done that way. I use for the album art, just a track display panel. Right click on it for the context menu, and Mode> you can switch between 'now playing' and 'follow cursor'. Not sure those are the exact words, but it is clear on the menu. If you prefer to use the plug-in you mentioned... maybe someone else could help, I hope. I think most plug-ins offer 'now playing' and 'follow cursor' modes, if they display info about a track. I would like to see Terrestrial add a button command for switching modes, but it probably isn't a priority.

Best...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 15:51