IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Audio input into foobar2000 for spectrum analysis, Is it possible to have audio input into foobar2000
Kodin
post Nov 16 2014, 21:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 117836

Hi guys,

foobar2000 is sick, and so is foo_musical_spectrum, bigups to developers,
i really cant live without them anymore, they are so good that i am searching for solution to make this question into reality:

Is it possible to have audio input into foobar2000 and have a spectrum view in foo_musical_spectrum component for live music production spectrum analysis?

I tried some stuff but im going nowhere, tried asio foo_out_asio, foo_record...

So did someone ever made it work?

Thanks

Kodin
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lyokoninja
post Nov 16 2014, 23:47
Post #2

Member No.: 117816

Thanks for bringing up foo_record in this post, because it got me looking into it for my problem, which was routing all the audio coming out of programs I run through foobar2000's DSP chain. I use Virtual Audio Cable (http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm), which lets you create virtual audio playback and recording devices in Windows. If you use foo_record after setting the default playback and recording devices to a virtual audio cable created by the program, foobar2000 should output the audio after putting it through its DSP chain, if you have anything in it. It'll cost you ~$25, though. Why don't you try that?
+Quote Post
Kodin
post Nov 18 2014, 07:34
Post #3

Tnx for reply! I would buy it right away but dont know if it will work with foo_musical_spectrum component, i tried VB Audio Voicemeeter and cant seem to set it up, im doing something wrong i think, what do i need to setup in foobar2000 and foo_record? i only need it if it works with spectrum, if u say it will work 100% then buying avc biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kodin: Nov 18 2014, 08:07
+Quote Post
zeremy
post Nov 18 2014, 08:44
Post #4

Member No.: 115083

You can try before you buy .

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm#trial

You have to set in windows recording devices to Line 1 (virtual audio devices) and in the application that you want to output to Directsound- Line 1.

Then start foobar with record:// .

+Quote Post
Kodin
post Nov 18 2014, 12:15
Post #5

Tnx very much for this tutorial biggrin.gif

I did it without any additional software, but the spectrum is showing different image when u play the same track exported and when its going live from Cubase, like it adds some new harmonics into the spectrum, i will try now with VAC
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 12:58