Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 882198 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1500
Try setting it to "Prefer synced"

With this configuration a everything working fine. But i don't like when "Lyric Show" go to internet and try download timestamped lyric, when I have unsynced. The database does not have timestamped lyrics, and I sometimes waiting some minutes until he is searching non-existent lyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1501
You can try removing databases that are no longer working. Timestamp 1 isn't working. Timestamp 2 has started giving an xml error and so currently isn't working either. I don't think lrc123.com is working either or its very slow. Removing these should speed things up. Mostly these databases didn't find anything for me that wasn't in the other databases anyway. Also make sure the timeout is reasonable - I use 3000 milliseconds and I think the default is 1500 milliseconds (double click  an active database to check/change).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1502
Thank you, now the search works faster. It is a pity that there are no Russian database, and to have to copy lyrics manually.

Timestamp 2 has started giving an xml error

Oh, this error annoyed me.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1503
Even if all the individual sources of the xml errors are fixed in the next version it would be great future proofing if the plugin treated any future ones as failures rather than successes, if you know what I mean.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1504
If you select Custom mode and change Backgound colour it doesn't apply immediately(but on track/search_state change). Also if you select Background->Image, Background colour button disabled until u checked Blend with background colour checkbox(btw it's enabling button even if u selected UI mode and click on checkbox will apply background color immediately too).

Also it would be nice to see somewhere rectangle with sample text('cause sometimes settings dialog can cover up lyrics panel and then u can't see what's happen in there on settings change).
Hmm, just noticed "Do not use proxy server" work same as "Use IE proxy server setting"?

Anyway thanks for your great work.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1505
Has the dev stopped working on this?

nvm, found the latest update

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1506
ZarkBit: As with all good and mature components, at least my development tends to be more of an as-needed thing. The author here may be slightly different, but that's the impression I get.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1507
How do I prevent Lyric Show 3 from getting in the front? Once I switch to the lyrics tab I can't see the other ones.
Easier to explain with some images
Playlist tab

Biography tab. As you can see the lyrics panel gets on top of the biography tab.

It worked normally without the lyric panel and when not playing a song.

PSS Script on the Per track tab
$puts(normalcolor,144-144-144)
$puts(hovercolor,224-224-224)
$puts(linecolor,96-96-96)
$puts(activecolor,128-160-80)
$puts(brushcolor,64-64-64)
$font(AvantGarde LT CondBold,8)

$showpanel_c(%view_mode%,1)
$drawrect(4,20,$sub(%_width%,8),1,$get(linecolor),$get(linecolor),)

// Playlist

$if($strcmp($get_ps_global(view_mode),ELPlaylist),$puts(color,$get(activecolor)),$puts(color,$get(normalcolor)))
$textbutton(190,0,48,20,Playlist,Playlist,
  PANELSHOW:ELPlaylist:1;
  PANELSHOW:Lyrics:0;
  PANELSHOW:Biography:0;
  PANELSHOW:Library:0;
  SETGLOBAL:view_mode:ELPlaylist;
  REFRESH,
  fontcolor:$get(color),brushcolor:$get(brushcolor) fontcolor:$get(hovercolor))

// Biography

$if($strcmp($get_ps_global(view_mode),Biography),$puts(color,$get(activecolor)),$puts(color,$get(normalcolor)))
$textbutton(243,0,60,20, Biography, Biography,
  PANELSHOW:ELPlaylist:0;
  PANELSHOW:Biography:1;
  SETGLOBAL:view_mode:Biography;
  REFRESH,

// Lyrics

$if($strcmp($get_ps_global(view_mode),Lyrics),$puts(color,$get(activecolor)),$puts(color,$get(normalcolor)))
$textbutton(315,0,40,20,Lyrics,Lyrics,
  PANELSHOW:Lyrics:1;
  SETGLOBAL:view_mode:Lyric Show 3;
  REFRESH,

//  Refresh Playlist

$textbutton(354,0,$sub(%_width%,455),19, , ,
  COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Refresh,
,)

//  Playlist ShowMode

$font(Segoe UI Symbol,11)
$ifequal($get_ps_global(pl_show),1,
$textbutton($sub(%_width%,60),0,16,19,∸,∸,
  SETGLOBAL:pl_show:0;
  REFRESH,
  fontcolor:$get(normalcolor),brushcolor:$get(brushcolor) fontcolor:$get(hovercolor))
$textbutton($sub(%_width%,60),-2,16,21,≔,≔,
  SETGLOBAL:pl_show:1;
  REFRESH,
  fontcolor:$get(normalcolor),brushcolor:$get(brushcolor) fontcolor:$get(hovercolor))
)

//  Collapse-Expand Playlist

$font(Segoe UI Symbol,9)
$textbutton($sub(%_width%,45),-1,13,20,∧,∧,
  COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Collapse all groups;
  COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Show $ifequal($get_ps_global(pl_show),0,focused item,now playing),
$textbutton($sub(%_width%,33),-1,13,20,∨,∨,
  COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Expand all groups;
  COMMAND:View/ELPlaylist/Show $ifequal($get_ps_global(pl_show),0,focused item,now playing),

// Edit

$font(Segoe UI Symbol,11)
$textbutton($sub(%_width%,19),-3,19,22,✓,✓,
  PANELSHOW:ELPlaylist:1;
  SETGLOBAL:view_mode:ELPlaylist;
  PANELSHOW:EditButtons:-1;
  PANELSHOW:LeftPanel:-1;
  PANELSHOW:Properties:-1,

$font(AvantGarde LT CondBold,8)
// Library
$if($strcmp($get_ps_global(view_mode),Library),$puts(color,$get(activecolor)),$puts(color,$get(normalcolor)))
$textbutton(366,0,43,20,Library,Library,
  PANELSHOW:Library:1;
  SETGLOBAL:view_mode:Library Tree;
  REFRESH,

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1508
The plugin isn't showing any results, even for lyrics that are on the database.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1510
Would anyone be able to make a plugin for genius.com? They have a lot of contemporary lyrics that other sites seem to be missing. The search format is slightly weird: http://genius.com/Drake-charged-up-lyrics for the song Charged Up by Drake

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1511
Is there any way to fix Lyricwiki not showing up?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1512
First I want to say that this component is awesome.

Next up I want to come with a suggestion to implement. Make it a option to show where the lyric is coming from. It would have been awesome to show the source type in the top of the lyrics panel or the bottom for that matter also.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1513
Does anyone know any working source for lyrics? Coz every added to component seems to be not working

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1514
I think minilyrics itself might be down, the actual app hasn't downloaded any new lyrics in days so I'm guessing that would have an affect on timestamp3. I can't find any information on what's going on with them though :/

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1515
I think minilyrics itself might be down, the actual app hasn't downloaded any new lyrics in days so I'm guessing that would have an affect on timestamp3. I can't find any information on what's going on with them though :/

The site viewlyrics/minilyrics.com is back up today but I still get nothing from it.  I emailed crintsoft to see if they might know the score, but haven't heard back yet.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1516

The site viewlyrics/minilyrics.com is back up today but I still get nothing from it.  I emailed crintsoft to see if they might know the score, but haven't heard back yet.

Works for me, lyrics found and downloaded (foobar, FL3, timestamped3)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1517

Works for me, lyrics found and downloaded (foobar, FL3, timestamped3)

Yay, working now.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1518
Hey everyone, I found a good workaround for search not working and thought I'd share.  If you are searching for time stamped items this will probably not work for you.

In panel preferences under 'Search order:' put the following items:

-Local File search
-Associations search
-Online DB: Google Search

In search parameters, modify the 'Title:' as follows: [%title%] "lyrics.wikia.com"

This will include the website as part of a google search (and avoids azlyrics and slow search times). You can use any lyric website of your preference.

Example can be found here:
http://i.imgur.com/brbFAO1.png

I hope this helps someone!

-Gahah

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1519
Hey everyone, I found a good workaround for search not working and thought I'd share.  If you are searching for time stamped items this will probably not work for you.

In panel preferences under 'Search order:' put the following items:

-Local File search
-Associations search
-Online DB: Google Search

In search parameters, modify the 'Title:' as follows: [%title%] "lyrics.wikia.com"

This will include the website as part of a google search (and avoids azlyrics and slow search times). You can use any lyric website of your preference.

Example can be found here:
http://i.imgur.com/brbFAO1.png

I hope this helps someone!

-Gahah

Many thanks @Gahah. It is a great solution.

With the next search settings the plugin finds the lyrics for 99% of my tracks :

In search parameters, modify the 'Title:' as follows:

[%title%]  "lyrics.wikia.com" OR "genius.com" OR "oldielyrics.com"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1520
Until now I set the preferences to save the lyrics in external files
in a single directory with a specific pattern for the filename.

Now I'm considering to move all the lyrics from the files into the %lyrics% tag
inside the tracks.

After i move the text there, how do I tell the component to
look into the tag instead of looking for the file?

Is there a way to check through titleformatting if a lyrics file exists?

Thanks.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1521
Until now I set the preferences to save the lyrics in external files
in a single directory with a specific pattern for the filename.

Now I'm considering to move all the lyrics from the files into the %lyrics% tag
inside the tracks.

After i move the text there, how do I tell the component to
look into the tag instead of looking for the file?

Is there a way to check through titleformatting if a lyrics file exists?

Thanks.

Make sure "tag Search is at the top if the list. To change which tags the plugin uses double-click "Tag Search" or click the properties  button.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1522
Is it possible to copy automatically the lyrics
from a text file (txt or lrc) to the %lyrics% tag inside the track?
If yes, even with many songs at a time (bulk copy)?

Thanks.

Sorry for the double posting but I thought this is a better place
to ask...

Thanks again.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1523
Is it possible to copy automatically the lyrics
from a text file (txt or lrc) to the %lyrics% tag inside the track?
If yes, even with many songs at a time (bulk copy)?

There may be a simpler method but this one seems to work:
- select local file as a source
- save method - to tags
- select tracks
- context menu - download lyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1524
Hi,

I tried tonight to search a lyirc from musixmatch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/James-Bay/Craving.
When the panel in Foobar displays the lyrics there is no line break inside it. It is displayed like it was written all on a single line of text like this:

Walking through the traffic on a MondayIn the town I grew upShelter from the rain in every doorwayIt's dark and everyone's numbKids are making faces in the bus laneBut nobody looks upEveryone's life the same as yesterdayJust like the ticking of clocksAnd I'm craving, craving, craving something I can feelWhere do I go, what do I need, is it ecstasy or is it fear?Am I on my own, am I even close'Coz I'm craving, craving, craving something I can feelNever thought the night could get so lonely'til she called me upNever thought these streets could've out-grown meI guess it wasn't enoughSo I put my faith in everyone around meThen she sold all my stuffSheer and wild abandon that's all I needAnd someone I can trust'Coz I'm craving, craving, craving something I can feelWhere do I go, what do I need, is it ecstasy or is it fear?Am I on my own, am I even close'Coz I'm craving, still, craving something I can feelTake me far from streets and roadsLead me out in the nightDon't show me the way back home'Coz IYes I'm craving, craving, craving something I can feelWhere do I go, what do I need, is it ecstasy or is it fear?Am I on my own, am I even close'Coz I'm craving, still, craving something I can feelCraving something I can feelCraving something I can feel, craving, craving something I can feel...

If I try to save it, it gives the same problem.
If I copy and paste manually the lyric from the web site to the text editor, everything seems to be ok.

Is there a setting to control this kind of behavior?

Many thanks,
Giuseppe.