Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC not so trustworthy after all (Read 4099 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC not so trustworthy after all

Hey guys,

I'm running EAC having followed Chris Myden's setup guide; In "drive options," accurate stream checked, caches audio checked, and c2 correction unchecked.  This should be secure, no?  I'm getting weird crackling distortions ripping a number of different CDs to both FLAC and LAME.

Where should I be looking for the problem?

Thanks.

Reply #1
Sometimes heavily clipped (loud) records are so bad they make crackling sounds. How do your CDs sound in a CD player?

Other things to consider:
Is there some sort of copy protection on the discs?
Are you using the correct drive read command?
Acid8000 aka. PhilDEE

Reply #2
Caches audio, shoult be UNchecked.

Reply #3
Caches audio, shoult be UNchecked.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311746"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Checking "Drive caches audio" should have no negative side-effects on any drive other than slower ripping. Unchecking it on a drive that does cache audio data can negatively affect quality, and was the reason for the option's existence in the first place.