Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_spdif - SPDIF support for foobar (Read 141173 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_spdif - SPDIF support for foobar

Reply #100
Hi. I can't  access to http://ga.cba.pl/ for some reason. Can anyone send foo_spdifer.dll to my mail newanti@yandex.ru or share it somewhere?

Reply #101
Hello I can't load this foo_spdif and when I turning on my foobar with this addon it shows me this note: Failed to load DLL: foo_spdif.dll
Reason: Not a valid Win32 application.

And I don't know what to do with this, can anyone help mee?

Reply #103
Redownload foo_spdif here: http://web.archive.org/web/20100512160004/.../www.ga.cba.pl/

Thnaks this works ofr me. But i thought that this plugin will work with mp3 too on foobar, and why version don't work with my win xp?

And there is only this plugin for coaxial spdif or is there another stuff?

Reply #104
This plugin is needed for bitstreaming of DTS and AC3, and is useless for MP3 files.

Reply #105
This plugin is needed for bitstreaming of DTS and AC3, and is useless for MP3 files.

Is there anything which can be used with mp3? Or I just have to rely on my speakers decoder( I have logitech z 5500) ?

Reply #107
where can i found foo_ousKS ? Can anyone help me? because even google  didn't found it

Reply #110
Can somebody share a copy of the latest foo_spdifer.dll?

Reply #113
OK, played around, and realized that the new spdifer is like "direct PCM mode" in other similar output plug-ins: it does not requests S/PDIF mode from the sound card. For me, it finally works via ASIO output.

But both foo_spdif and foo_spdifer miss gapless playback! Also, the both miss playback of compressed (flac, ape) DTS files.

For me, direct streaming via ASIO to the sound card connected via coaxial or optical cable to the sound processor works without any plugins, finally. Though it would be good to have a plug-in like foo_spdif, but which provides gapless playback, at least.

Reply #114
Hi,
I'm trying to use spdifer on windows 7 pro (64 bits), with wasapi and realtek onboard chipset.
However, after installing the dll, every time i reboot foobar, it crashes after a few seconds... (without starting any song)
Moreover, if i am lucky enough to launch a DTS file, the sound that i get is just a sizzling (is that how you say it in English ?), so nothing good.. And foobar crashes anyway just after that...

I was running foobar v1.1.10 (not working), so i tried v1.2.6 but the result wasn't better.

Any idea of what i'm doing wrong ? I disabled the inbuilt dts component of foobar, but i'm not sure what components i should also disable :/ (no DSP is activated, default in foobar)

PS : The passthrough is working well with MPC-HC (with LAV Filters), but it would be great to have it working with foobar.

Thanks in advance !

Reply #115
Nevermind, WASAPI was just badly installed... It wouldn't load correctly at first.
It's now working like a charm ! Thanks a lot for your work !

Reply #116
foobar 1.2.7, dts pass-through not working for me despite foo_spdifer 1.0. Anyone else had more luck?

Re: foo_spdif - SPDIF support for foobar

Reply #117
I have installed foobar v1.3.16 and added foo_spdifer_1.0 component to it in order to play DTS 5.1 via S/PDF (optical) output.
I also added WASAPI.fb2k output component but only stereo audio appeared on my Samsung player.
Can somebody tell me what should I do in order to setup the correct 5.1 output?
(VLC player can send the 5.1 signal via optical output, but I would like to use foobar instead)
Thank you for your help in advance!

Re: foo_spdif - SPDIF support for foobar

Reply #118
What is the current, most up to date plugin for S/PDIF output??

foo_spdifer was built for Win7.