IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
iTunes CBR320 @ wrong length – bug or feature?, (¤¤cking it up, for ¤¤=ha? Or ¤¤=fu?)
Porcus
post Feb 23 2013, 02:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 38207

I just got my hands on this: http://www.scionav.com/collection/1330/Mes...h---Pitch-Black (yes, legitimate source – they want your e-mail address, and I've got enough of those to spare).

Downloaded, fixed tags, checked integrity ... well, wrong length isn't that uncommon, but curiosity triggered the cat, so:
- mp3packer'd it (... down to 291 ...)
- made a copy of the original and had fb2k (1.17) rewrite stream
- compared (using fb2k). Three different lengths. Obviously, fb2k and mp3packed do not agree on how to read the original file.

Tag says iTunes 10.7. What's it really doing?

--------------------
One day in the Year of the Fox came a time remembered well
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Feb 23 2013, 10:33
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19379

i've noticed this before a good couple of years ago when i downloaded some DJ sets from soundcloud - pretty sure they were 192kbps. i remember it mentioned itunes in the tags somewhere but have no idea what version it was. i just ran the foobar fix vbr header thingy and haven't given it another moment's thought. tongue.gif

i think it's pretty much a non-issue as i didn't have any problems playing the files. it was only when i was bored one day that i ran foo_verifier on my whole collection then i spotted it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 17:39