Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playcount_sql (Read 96441 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #50
Version 1.4 posted.

Main addition is ratings support. I Suggest backuping PlayCount.sdf before upgrading, since the DB is upgraded too.

Previous ratings are imported (One time)
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #51
Very nice
It adds a long awaited Rating (Album) info to the properties, but how can i grab this info to display the average rating in Playlists?

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #52
I have a question. SInce I installed this component my foobar takes more time (more 20-30 secs) to open. Is that normal?

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #53
Do you have autoplaylists, or large playlists that are opened by default?

I'm going to try optimize startup times for the next version for that scenario.

I have a question. SInce I installed this component my foobar takes more time (more 20-30 secs) to open. Is that normal?

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #55
Just a cosmetic thing: can the statistic have a better order, like first track statistics, then album statistics, then artist's? Right now they don't seem to have a logic order:
Played (Track) : 5 times
First Played (Track) : 2008-02-28 16:06:45
Last Played (Track) : 2008-06-28 19:35:38
Played (Artist) : 193 times
Rating (Track) : ★★★★★
First Played (Artist) : 2008-02-26 15:54:24
Last Played (Artist) : 2009-03-17 14:41:45
Played (Album) : 21 times
Rating (Artist) : 4.240
First Played (Album) : 2008-02-28 16:06:45
Last Played (Album) : 2009-02-14 17:43:02
Rating (Album) : 4.800

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #56
version 1.4.1 posted

better startup times, plus a change of the properties order due to request.

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #57
Since you introduced the ratings and the component imports the rating, my foobar doesn't work anymore. I start foobar it starts to import the ratings (aprox 40 minutes), then the disc activity stops, the window "importing ....to SQl" it's still there and foobar doesn't respond. If I close foobar the next time it starts, he does everything all over again. Any guess?

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #58
That's quick! Thank you!

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #59
@ eradumvelhinho:

I guess its because of the autoplaylists that you have.

1. Try the following, temporary remove the plugin.
2. start fb2k (save the settings of the plugin)
3. remove the autoplaylists (save them for latter) / big playlists
4. add the plugin
5. start fb2k
6. at this point, the import should finish faster (i hope)
7. readd the autoplaylists

Since you introduced the ratings and the component imports the rating, my foobar doesn't work anymore. I start foobar it starts to import the ratings (aprox 40 minutes), then the disc activity stops, the window "importing ....to SQl" it's still there and foobar doesn't respond. If I close foobar the next time it starts, he does everything all over again. Any guess?

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #60
Did you installed the required DB libraries too?

I haven't managed to get this thing work neither with foo_prettypop.dll nor without it under Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 on Foobar 0.9.6.4b2. Though I have both MS Visual C++ 2008 and Framework 3.5 SP1 onboard.

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #61
Now everything seems to work fine. I've misread Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 1 with Microsoft NET.Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Waiting for per artist statistics.

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #62
Artist and album statistics are not yet available from title formatting.

This is because unlike track statistics, those are still not cached, and performed directly against the DB.

Performing N queries (where N can be the whole media library when using auto playlists or playlists with all the DB) without using an effective cache takes too long to complete, and will freeze the GUI for an unacceptable period of time.

This is why for the moment it’s only available from the properties dialog (one at a time query).
What I will add at the upcoming versions, are statistics forms (like the last played form), which performs one statistics query against the DB (which is very fast), and will display favorite artists/ albums/ etc...

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #63
@ eradumvelhinho:

4. add the plugin
5. start fb2k

Ok. It did work. The startup time is still slow (and I still have to put more autoplaylists) but I can live with that.

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #64
Please try version 1.4.2 and tell me if you notice any improvement (startup times and otherwise)

@ eradumvelhinho:

4. add the plugin
5. start fb2k

Ok. It did work. The startup time is still slow (and I still have to put more autoplaylists) but I can live with that.

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #65
I installed 1.4.2 and I did not notice any improvement in terms of startup times. With the component I have this Startup time : 1:20.956900. Without it I have Startup time : 0:40.674943.

Maybe it's normal.

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #66
My startup time with the v1.4.2 is 0:01.877492, having one large playlist (13944 songs)

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #67
I have a question. How can I use new tags in the playlist view? for example to display %Played (Artist)% or there is no way?

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #68
@TuNk77, eradumvelhinho

Please retest with version 1.4.3

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #69
Just tested with v1.4.3 and Startup time is 0:01.854087. The startup time is not bothering me in any way, just reporting so people can compare.
Thanks for your continued work with this component

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #70
With official playcount plugin I assing rating to current song  by using custom buttons (buttons from 1 to 5 related to context command  playback statistic/rating/number).
In current version of plugin I don't can assign command to button (I have only playback statistick (SQL) command  in list of context commands, but not playback statistic (SQL)/rating/number).
Correct this, please!

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #71
@TuNk77, eradumvelhinho

Please retest with version 1.4.3

Well. In fact the startup time now is 1:50.438170, so it is worst than before. Don't know if it will help you but I have 16 autoplaylists, a library with 51588 songs (does an external drive affect the speed?), I use foobar 0.9.6.3, with DUI (many facets) and that's it (if you wnat the list of the components, just tell me). It seems that only this problem only occurs with me so maybe it's something particular with my setup.

Anyway thanks for all your efforts.

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #72
Thanks for the cool work.. Now, the thing would be really brilliant if it worked with an online databse. You know, to track the playcounts no matter whether you are in the office, at home or elsewhere.. Any intentions to include such a functionality?

You mean like last.fm?

Yep, something like that. The problem is there is no tool to fetch the playcount from lastfm (and write that to the m3-tag)... so that sql-stuff would be a solution

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #73
@ eradumvelhinho

Well, that is indeed slow, but i'm now out of ideas on how to optimize it to fit your massive amount of tracks / autoplaylists.

Since your startup time without the plugin is also slow (40s) i guess that isn't much i can do about it anyway.

@ pIv

I'll fix that for the next version

@ Galleon

Please read the previous remarks about album / artists statistics via title formatting

- Abraham Lincoln

foo_playcount_sql

Reply #74
Will this component create different entries for different performances of the same classical work (ie. beethoven's 9th symphony by (%conductor%/%ensemble%=)Abbado/BPO or Furtwängler/BPO)?