Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Component to rewind last track for a few seconds? (Read 1776 times) previous topic - next topic

Component to rewind last track for a few seconds?

I'm searching for a component that would let me go back some seconds into the last song in the playlist (or folder from which files are being read).
Something like a multi tracked single file, except they're various files...? Gapless playback. But with gaps.

It could keep the last file still buffered in the memory or something so I could just do Backwards by 5 seconds (or more) shortcut.

You guys got the idea, hopefully. If I keep talking I'll just miss the point altogether.
So, is there something like it?

Reply #1
Given tracks A and B, where B comes after A. Do you mean that you want to be able to do 'go back 5 secs' in track B at point 0:00:03 and then end up in track A 2 seconds from the end instead of the start of track B?

Reply #2
Let's say A has 2:59 of duration and B is a literal sequel to A.
When A ends and B start playing, I want to go "Backwards by 5 seconds" and end up in A (2:54), not go to the start of B.

This would become very useful for me because I have a bunch of songs that are meant to be played back-to-back but sometimes there is that part so good and it is meant to be A's outro and B's intro.
Namely: Protest the Hero's Palms Read (3:44 starts the intro) into Limb from Limb or Stone Sour's Gone Sovereign (3:38) into Absolute Zero.

The PSP does this and if I had any idea of how to talk any programming language I'd try to do this. It can't be that hard since foobar already has a pretty good buffer system for gapless playback.