Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Seamless crossfade everytime, on manual or automatic title change (Read 23608 times) previous topic - next topic

Seamless crossfade everytime, on manual or automatic title change

Hello
I saw that it was a recurrent problem to make foobar do acceptable crossfading between tracks. Indeed, there are two major extensions (Continuator and Gapless Crossfader) that would allow foobar to do it but in all default configurations it was hard to obtain a really seamless crossover between tracks, especially when manually changing tracks. It was a main reason to my to stay with 0.8.x foobar with it DirectSound 2.5 that allowed me to do that crossfading by setting the good cache value. But DirectSound 2.5 is no more supported in foobar 0.9.x nor in Vista.. So after a dozen of unsuccessful tries, I think I found a right extension/settings combination. Just see below:

First install VC8 sp1 runtime libraries in order to get the extension to work
http://acropolis.lokalen.org/wp-content/pl...nload.php?id=15
Then install Gapless Crossfader http://acropolis.lokalen.org/wp-content/pl...wnload.php?id=1
(official site: http://acropolis.lokalen.org/2006/10/fooba...000-components)

If you have Continuator, disable it

[a href="http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=84095184vj8.jpg" target="_blank"])

Reply #1
Thanks. I did as you said-- and it seems to be working very well.

Edit: I listened to a couple of albums with the setting, and it works as mentioned.

Reply #2
Thanks for sharing that, works VERY well!

Reply #3
LOL it's a pleasure

Reply #4
I'm disappointed that this plugin causes my foobar to crash when a song is changed or stopped.

Reply #5
I'm disappointed that this plugin causes my foobar to crash when a song is changed or stopped.

As well you should be.  You need to double check and make sure you have all the lib.dll files in your main installation directory.  That's more than likely your problem..

Reply #6
i installed that vc redistributable thingie and placed this libmmd.dll in the foobar directory. This placing prevented the message box at the start of foobar which called on a failure of something in the crossfader plugin.

foobar starts well with the plugin, i can configure the settings and all...but when i skip a song or stop it, foobar just closes.

Reply #7
i like crossfading, but i wish it was smarter, so it only crossfadesif shuffle mode is activated.

Reply #8
i like crossfading, but i wish it was smarter, so it only crossfadesif shuffle mode is activated.

Yep, good idea, just like foo_rg_trn. Maybe ask acropolis? I already do use it this way, but because I control via girder...

Reply #9
$if($strcmp($substr(%cwb_playback_order%,1,7),Shuffle),
$gapless_crossfader(enable,true),
$gapless_crossfader(enable,false)
)

Reply #10
Thank you Nufchavq! Extactly what I was searching for!

Reply #11
Yep, good idea, just like foo_rg_trn. Maybe ask acropolis? I already do use it this way, but because I control via girder...

damn, thanks for posting this. ive been looking for something like this since the day i found out about replaygain 

$if($strcmp(%cwb_playback_order%,'Shuffle (tracks)'),
)

Hey Acropolis, thats exactly what i was looking for, but where should i put this? i can put it into panels UI's track or user globals and it enables/disables hte crossfader as expected. however anywhere i use %cwb_playback_order% it is replaced with 'true'%cwb_playback_order%.

Reply #12
I reckon you can put it into SCPL or track display panel...

$if($strcmp($substr(%cwb_playback_order%,1,7),Shuffle),
)

Ah yes, I forgot about the tagz support  BTW $strstr makes life easier. Is case sensitive.
Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%cwb_playback_order%,Shuffle),

Reply #13
I am not sure if this is what you mean by "manually changing tracks", but here's what I'm looking for (can you tell me if this will accomplish what I need?)

Halfway through a song, if I switch to a different song, will it crossfade? It does this on my Rio Karma, and love it. Is there a plug in that will?

Thanks.

nitro

Reply #14
Halfway through a song, if I switch to a different song, will it crossfade? It does this on my Rio Karma, and love it. Is there a plug in that will?
"Crossfade on manual track change" + PM.

Reply #15
So I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to get the gapless crossfader plugin working under Windows 7 (foobar2000 v.0.9.6.8).

First of all, the VC8 sp1 runtime libraries link doesn't work anymore.

The plugin itself seems to install fine, and foobar loads with no problems or error messages. I've tried to configure it based on the screen shots shown but my problem is that when I manually switch songs, there is a small gap before the crossfade into the new song. Otherwise it seems to work fine. I just need to get rid of that small gap.

Any ideas?

Reply #16
So I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to get the gapless crossfader plugin working under Windows 7 (foobar2000 v.0.9.6.8).

The plugin itself seems to install fine, and foobar loads with no problems or error messages. I've tried to configure it based on the screen shots shown but my problem is that when I manually switch songs, there is a small gap before the crossfade into the new song. Otherwise it seems to work fine. I just need to get rid of that small gap.

Any ideas?

same problem...

Reply #17

Any ideas?

Same here - I only have a short gap as soon as I click on "next song".
After that gap the old song continues playing & fades out, the next song fades in nicely, without producing another gap.
But the gap which occurs right when clicking on "next song" is a bit annoying - nobody else has it or knows a solution?

Components:
foobar 09.6.9
gapless Crossfader 0341 (SSE)
skip Silence

Reply #18

Any ideas?

same for me, annoying gap - still looking something perfect like sqrsoft crossfade for winamp.

or solve the gap-issue.

Help please

thankyou

Reply #19
Same here.
Any solution for this yet?

Reply #20
Same here,

would be really great if there is a solution.
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #21
I know this is occurring due to a limitation in the way foobar handles DSP plugins, but it'd be awesome if we could manually change and seek through tracks smoothly.

Well, looks like it's already planned to be included in the next version according to this thread:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=92627

Reply #22
Said next version was 1.1.11, so the feature for which you bumped this year-old thread already exists; moreover, it is entirely separate from the DSP pipeline.