Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 330018 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #400
Thanks, fixed in 1.9.6.

Reply #401
Wow...

Reply #402
I encounter a conflict between the latest foo_skip and foo_bookmarks. If a file has a skip tag and is also bookmarked, when you double-click on the bookmark to start your file from that point, foo_skip takes over and starts the file from the beginning+the skip tag, so the bookmark becomes useless.

Hi Case,
in skip v. 1.9.6 this conflict with foo_bookmarks (or foo_bookmarks) seems to have come back again.

Reply #403
Should be fixed now.

Reply #405
Hello all,
I have gone through all the past posts but I can't seem to figure this out.
I mainly use foo_skip for skipping parts of a track, never to skip entire tracks. Therefore I use the SKIP tag per track.
I have no problem skipping the beginning of a track, however it never works for skipping the end part.
Here is an exemple of a tag: SKIP=-0:02.7; 02:36-  (This very track is 2:58 long)
Do I have a problem with the syntax?

Also, here are all the active DSPs :
  • Skip track
  • Skip silence with a 750ms duration and a -54dB silence threshold
  • Affix silence with 0ms before and 3500ms after
  • EBU R128 Compressor
  • Advanced Limiter

I also use a buffer length of 1700ms.

BTW I have updated to the last version 1.9.7 of foo_skip.
Thanks in advance for your pointers!!!

Reply #406
Try moving Skip track (AKA foo_skip) to the bottom of the DSP chain.

Also, I suggest formatting your SKIP tags as illustrated in earlier posts, namely -0:00:00;0:00:00-.

Reply #407
Removing the space after the semicolon makes it see the end part. It seems my parsing is a bit too strict about the syntax.

Reply #408
Thanks for your replies.
I removed all others DSPs and left only Skip Track, as well as formatted the tag to SKIP=-0:00:02.7;00:02:36-, but all to no avail.

It still ignores the end part...

Could it be a conflict with another component?

Reply #409
Remove SKIP= from the tag value as it's inclusion is unnecessary. I didn't realize you were formatting your values with it. I just tried foo_skip with it included and foo_skip ignored the second value like you're experiencing.

EDIT:

Forgot to say leading zeroes and colons also proved to be unnecessary in my tests.

Reply #410
Remove SKIP= from the tag value as it's inclusion is unnecessary. I didn't realize you were formatting your values with it. I just tried foo_skip with it included and foo_skip ignored the second value like you're experiencing.

EDIT:

Forgot to say leading zeroes and colons also proved to be unnecessary in my tests.

Wow, thanks BenB! That did it for me indeed! It was a smart thing to try to remove the SKIP= part and I'm glad you did!
Now it works like a charm to skip the end part of a track and indeed, there is no need for the leading zeros. Thanks!

However now that this works, I'm running into a new issue: as mentioned in one of my previous comments, I use the "Skip silence" and "Affix silence" (foo_dsp_silence) DSPs to remove any silence in the beginning and end of a track and affix a 3s silence gap between tracks. I couldn't verify it before making the foo_skip DSP work but now I see that my setup doesn't work for those tracks whose end has been skipped using the SKIP tag: it just continues to the next track without adding the 3s silence...

I tried to put the Skip track DSP at the beginning of the DSPs chain as well as at the end but it made no difference.

Do you have any pointer again? Thanks in advance for your precious help!

Reply #411
Hello, sorry for my stupid question but how can I skip a track that is under 24 bits per sample? I tried: %Bitrate%, %Bits_per_sample%, %Bits per sample%, %Bits%  + IS 16

Hope someone can help me. I couldn't find the answerer by searching this topic either.

Reply #412
"$info(bitspersample)" LESS 24

Reply #415
Thank you ! Is there a list with all possible "codes" ?

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...tting_Reference
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...00:Query_syntax

thank you very much daeron! thanks a lot for the kind help! : ) great forum

Reply #416
Hi I just installed this plugin, but it is not working. I added the SKIP to tag an album, so all the songs have the SKIP tag with a value of 1. My filter:
Code: [Select]
$if2(%SKIP%,0)

However, foo_skip does not skip the songs. I added the following to my status bar, and it is showing that Foobar2000 sees the SKIP tag fine:
$if(%SKIP%, '('usually skipped')',)

Any help is greatly appreciated,
DaAwesomeP

Reply #417
Use query syntax:

%skip% PRESENT

or
%skip% IS 1

etc.

Reply #419
How do I want to type if I want to skip the first 20sec of a song and skip the last 20 sec of song but play everything between. ?
And lets say the song is 5:20min long.

Reply #421
How do I want to type if I want to skip the first 20sec of a song and skip the last 20 sec of song but play everything between. ?
And lets say the song is 5:20min long.

track properties > Tools > add new field... > <SKIP>

-00:00:10  starts at  00:00:10 (also a simple -10 works)
00:02:30-  ends at  00:02:30  (also a simple x- to skip the last x seconds)

To start at  00:00:10 and end at 00:02:30 . You have 2 options:
  • 00:02:30-00:00:10  (it looks funny but it works)
  • -00:00:10;00:02:30-

Reply #422
Hello there! thanks for the great plug-in! I'm trying to set it up so it skips tracks with rating 1 or 2.

The default code is %rating% IS 1 .

Among other I've tried the following:
%rating% IS 1 OR 2 *
%rating% IS $or(1,2)
%rating% OR 1,2
[blockquote]* + all kinds of alternative separators[/blockquote]It does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Reply #423
(%rating% IS 1) OR (%rating% IS 2)