Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac tags and cue question (Read 3792 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac tags and cue question

Hi

I have decided to rip my music collection and compress it with FLAC. I want to use the FLAC file + cuesheet for archiving my collection. But I have one question:

How tags will be stored in this format? (cause there is only a file, there will be only a tag, right?)

Thanks and sorry for my english

Reply #1
I guess that the tags will be stored in the cuesheet?

I am really confused about how this works 

Reply #2
That depends wether you are talking about internal flac cuesheets, or external ones.  In case you use the cuesheet function integrated into the flac tags, you will indeed only have one tag and a cuesheet and one flac file.

In case you just use external (eg.: EAC) cuesheets, you can rip to individual flac files, use their tags for the fileinfo and use the external cuesheet, in case you ever want to recreate the CD you ripped from.

Still use normal cuesheets as well, since I somehow can't quite become friends with flacs internal cuesheets.  Could be just me though.

Reply #3
Thanks, I now understand it correctly.

Reply #4
I would like to know a little more about the cuesheet files (to edit them correctly), do you know a site where I can learn about this format? I have searched with Google but I dont have found anything interesting.

Reply #5
There is a really nice guide, written by MestreLion, somewhere on HydrogenAudio and one on another Forum  .  The links to both should be somwhere in the HA FAQ.  I think it is in the EAC section.

Reply #6
Thank you very much

And sorry for not doing some search here 

Reply #8
Thanks again