Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta (Read 72931 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #125
Now that the ReplayGain scanner now uses libebur128, I am having slowdowns when ReplayGain scanning a track that has large areas of silence.
It slows down to ~2x.
Is anyone else experience this?

Yup, still having the issue with beta4.

Kinda annoying when your machine kompletely shuts down without any BSOD or any other kind of error

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #126
edit: but there's a new problem introduced in beta 4, I think.

Was the handling of the %genre% tag in MP4 files changed? My genre tags written in Mp3tag can't be read by foobar2000.

It seems like some genre tags are not written to the files when converting to M4A too. Works fine on a clean install of 1.1.5.
fb2k is writing to the cgen atom, but I get two genres (both cgen) if I write a genre using fb2k and I already have cgen written originally by mp3tag prior.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #127
Sounds like foobar2000 is just writing a new cgen atom, rather than reading and modifying the original one from Mp3tag. IIRC, "Genre" is one of the tags that supports multiple entries.

I don't know why foobar2000 wouldn't be reading the atom that already exists, however. That's a question for the programmer(s).

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #128
It only reads the genre it writes and not the original. If I delete the fb2k written tag, it will no longer read the original tag written by mp3tag.
Surf's Up!

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #129
ITU-R BS.1770-2 available.
75% overlapping and -10 dB relative gate ...
I guess the R128 should soon be modified in the same way.
Great! Time to change the relative gate accordingly. The block overlap already is at 75%.

I should be releasing 0.4 in the next few days. Now there is only one scanner executable with different input plugins instead of one exe for each input library. The scanner automatically chooses the best input plugin for each file. This should make it easier to tag/scan different audio formats at the same time.
I've also implemented a hidden option "--tag-tp" for true peak tagging and fixed the ReplayGain loudness for mono files.

Are we getting these changes in next beta?

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #130
Beta 5 out. No ReplayGain scanner changes yet unfortunately.
  • To prevent problems with converting tags between different ID3v2 revisions, foobar2000 will no longer convert ID3v2 tags between 2.3 and 2.4 unless explicitly requested by the user.
  • ID3v2 revision is now reported in the "tagtype" field.
  • MP4 genre now works properly.

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #131
Did we have to reload any tags after Beta1 as pointed out in the Wiki or was once enough to update?

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #132
I had to do a reload to get the tagtype to update from ID3v2 to ID3v2.3.
Surf's Up!

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #133
Did we have to reload any tags after Beta1 as pointed out in the Wiki or was once enough to update?
Any changes done to tag reading, require fb2k to re-read the actual files' tags.

Usually what is displayed in the Media Library or in .fpl playlists are cached results. So yes, you have to refresh the cache.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #134
  • MP4 genre now works properly.

Nope, it stills uses ID3 genre numbers. Certain genres such as Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal and Synth Pop want appear on MP3tag and iTunes.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #135
Could there be some some problem with drag&drop in beta 5 at least?
I can't d&d in playlist view, but can in playlist manager, and can't think of something I am doing wrong

edit: please ignore this for a while, until I figure how to reproduce

edit2: I don't really get what's wrong as I'm too tired (never the less posting in forum) but here is picture when I try to drop file from explorer:

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #136
Are the ID3v2.3 tags that fb2k 1.1.6 writes, in Unicode (UTF-16 or UTF-8) or ISO-8859-1 ?

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #137
AFAIK they are in UTF-16 unless original is in latin-1

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #138
Are you dragging to an autoplaylist?

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #139
It wasn't autoplaylist (I don't have empty autoplaylist), but regular temp playlist from which I deleted tracks as I finished working on them. Then trying d&d I noticed this weird behaviour
Right now, after I restarted my PC, can't seem to reproduce again
Bin it in twilight zone

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #140
Where you dragging from a window spawned with elevated privileges (i.e., Administrator mode) when foobar2000 was not or vice versa? UAC doesn't support this.

foobar2000 v1.1.6 beta

Reply #141
Are we getting these changes in next beta?

Unfortunately 1.1.6 stable didn't get these changes.
We'll include the updated R128 library as soon as possible. Next foobar2000 beta versions will be available soon enough.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.