Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HTTP Reader: options regarding proxy (Read 2305 times) previous topic - next topic

HTTP Reader: options regarding proxy

This is a simple feature request regarding the HTTP reader in foobar2000. Make it possible to choose which connections use proxy based on port number (currently in 0.8.3 only options are none, only port 80 or all connections using proxy). If this gets implemented, might as well code the option to accept ip-addresses and hostnames too

edit: Unfortunately I posted this in the wrong forum. Feel free to move to foobar2000 general forum.

Reply #1
I just migrated to 0.9.1 and it seems that the option for excluding other than port 80 connections from using proxy has been removed

edit:

My request still stands. Some alternate solutions include: hot key for toggling proxy or in case of HTTP error (404 not found, 403 forbidden) retry without proxy if proxy was enabled.

I can use some netradios more stable with a proxy, but some radios use ports other than 80, 8000 or 8080 which my proxy won't 'proxy' for me (returning with 403 forbidden).

Reply #2
i asked a similar request not long ago for addresses (specifically localhost) to be bypassed by proxy definition. maybe  similar to windows system configuration can be added for bypassing proxy according to wildcards or an option to choose between system proxy settings and internal settings.

Thanks,

Amit.