Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding Synchronized Lyric to MP3 Files (Read 29362 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding Synchronized Lyric to MP3 Files

Hi,

Does anyone know how to add synchronized lyric that is able to be seen in WMP to a mp3 file? besides from using the feature in Windows Media Player. I've tried jetaudio, but the sync'd lyrics doesn't appear in Windows Media Player

Thanks.

Reply #1
Try adding lyrics in WMP, then look at the file information in foobar and figure out what tag WMP uses. You have to add lyrics to that tag.

Reply #2
Try adding lyrics in WMP, then look at the file information in foobar and figure out what tag WMP uses. You have to add lyrics to that tag.
Thanks.

SYLT = synchronized lyrics transcription
USLT = unsynchronized lyrics transcription

Those are your "official" field names.  Players such as foobar with appropriate plug-ins can be set to look at any field of your choosing, however.

Reply #3
After Empyrean's post, I thought I'd mention that foobar2000 maps ID3 frame names to its own internal field names - in USLT's case, UNSYNCED LYRICS. http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ID3_Tag_Mapping So, even if foobar2000 does support synchronised lyrics, either by default or through a plugin, you will probably have to use a different field name with foobar2000 to access/add them.

Reply #4
After Empyrean's post, I thought I'd mention that foobar2000 maps ID3 frame names to its own internal field names - in USLT's case, UNSYNCED LYRICS. http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ID3_Tag_Mapping So, even if foobar2000 does support synchronised lyrics, either by default or through a plugin, you will probably have to use a different field name with foobar2000 to access/add them.

Very true, thanks for the catch.  I'd recommend going with SYLT (consistency, or laziness) or SYNCED LYRICS, just LYRICS, whatever.  Foobar2000 does not support lyrics natively.  It does with a plug-in, however, and that plug-in is flexible so you tell it where to look for lyrics.  So whatever you choose for a field name, it will find the lyrics if they are there.  And it can tell from from the text whether they are unsynchronized or synchronized, and will display them accordingly (synched gets autoscrolling and autohighlighting of the 'current' line based on the timing information).

Reply #5
I use Minilyrics 

Reply #7
Sucks that it doesn't integrate well with foobar2000 or winamp (or any other player...) and runs on the side as a separate app.

Wrong! There is a plugin for Winamp that works fine. There is also a Foobar plugin, but I have never used it.
Glass half full!

Reply #11
even foobar cannot embedding lyrics into mp3 or other media files....

Re: Adding Synchronized Lyric to MP3 Files

Reply #12
I just found the software Kanto Syncro that synchronize lyrics to mp3 in a very simple way.
The mp3 created can be in id3v2.3 SYLT format or id3v1 format. A lot of player support them.