Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 315378 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #325
TAudioConverter is using FOREVER to make the final log files after successfull conversion of several files. Converted maybe 30 FLACS to MP3, creating logs took maybe 4 minutes alone.

"--verbose" command which made lame to output lots of data to console was passed. I replaced it with "--nohist" so now not only necessary info is written but also it is easier for TAC to parse Lame's progress.
Here is fixed exe for installer version: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter.7z

Thanks. I use portable, and will simply wait for next release.
Edit: Could you make it possible to disable logs? I don't use them for anything (except when something's wrong. Then i can turn them back on manually).

TAudioConverter

Reply #327

Great software. I use 0.8.2 a lot. I cannot use 0.8.3 because when I transcode large number high bit rate mp3's to medium to low bit rate aac (to reduce storage for certain limited storage devices), the program crashes every time after several hundred conversions. This is not an issue with 0.8.2. I use qacc to encode, but the other encoders I try also crash the program so I do not think it is the actual encoding process.

Has anyone else noticed this?

- Henrik

TAudioConverter

Reply #328
@henrikk this erro has been reported several times. I'll fix it with next release.

TAudioConverter

Reply #329
@eahm you can select "Loseless" as "Codec" under WMA options, eventhough WMA is listed under lossy codecs.

TAudioConverter

Reply #330
Kind of a bug. If you have specified a output folder on desktop, and the folder doesn't exist before you convert/extract, you must tap F5 (refresh desktop) to see the folder after conversion. Might be confusing to some users, took some time before i understood what was going on..

TAudioConverter

Reply #331
Installer TAC.exe https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter.7z
Portable TAC.exe https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter_portable.7z
These exes include some changes. You can copy them over if you want to get fixes etc before the release.
Some important changes in these files:
Code: [Select]
-Added: Option to disable keeping encoder logs (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Ability to convert to uncompressed aiff files (thx to eahm)
-Added: Temp. wav files will be deleted right after an encoding is done (thx to NappyHead)
-Fixed: Too long log save times when encoding to MP3 (Lame) (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Fixed: Mp3 (Lame) progress wasn't shown properly (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Fixed: "Invalid floating point operation" errors

Please confirm that fixed things are really fixed.

TAudioConverter

Reply #332
I can't get %discnumber% to work.

This is the tag I am using:
Output folder:
%artist%\%date% - %album%\Disc %discnumber%

Custom file name:
%tracknumber%. %title%

The source album is Pink Floyd - The Wall. Disc 1 and Disc 2 are already set in the album tags.

The result is always Disc _Lame or Disc _Qaac etc.

TAudioConverter

Reply #333
Conversion from AIFF looses all tags
Edit: Oops, foobar did, not TAC

TAudioConverter

Reply #335
Ozok:
I converted with QAAC, tvbr 70. The output tag "tool" shows
qaac 2.18, CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.8.2, AAC-LC Encoder, TVBR q73, Quality 96

I don't know if TAudioConverter ads 3 for TVBR value, or if the tag is just wrong.
Can you have a look at it?

TAudioConverter

Reply #336
Ozok:
I converted with QAAC, tvbr 70. The output tag "tool" shows
qaac 2.18, CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.8.2, AAC-LC Encoder, TVBR q73, Quality 96

I don't know if TAudioConverter ads 3 for TVBR value, or if the tag is just wrong.
Can you have a look at it?

Q0 - Q4 (0) = ~40 kbps
Q5 - Q13 (9) = ~45 kbps
Q14 - Q22 (18) = ~75 kbps
Q23 - Q31 (27) = ~80 kbps
Q32 - Q40 (36) = ~95 kbps
Q41 - Q49 (45) = ~105 kbps
Q50 - Q58 (54) = ~115 kbps
Q59 - Q68 (63) = ~135 kbps
Q69 - Q77 (73) = ~150 kbps
Q78 - Q86 (82) = ~165 kbps
Q87 - Q95 (91) = ~195 kbps
Q96 - Q104 (100) = ~225 kbps
Q105 - Q113 (109) = ~255 kbps
Q114 - Q122 (118) = ~285 kbps
Q123 - Q127 (127) = ~320 kbps

https://github.com/nu774/qaac/wiki/Encoder-configuration middle of the page.

TAudioConverter

Reply #337
@eahm about %disknumber%, when you look file info using "rigt-click to song in the list">"Info", can you see disc number info? I'm guessing it is not stored as disc number but as disc part or something similar since you have two discs in that album.

TAudioConverter

Reply #338
@ozok, http://imgur.com/a/qacAu (foobar2000, Mp3tag, TagScanner)

...but I don't see any discnumber info in TAC

Code: [Select]
General
Complete name                            : D:\Music\ea\Pink Floyd\Box Sets\2011 - The Discovery Studio Album Box Set (16-44.1) (Capitol Remastered) [FLAC]\1979 The Wall\Disc 1\01. In the Flesh.flac
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
File size                                : 19.6 MiB
Duration                                 : 3mn 20s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 819 Kbps
Album                                    : The Wall (2011 Remaster)
Part                                     : 1
Track name                               : In the Flesh?
Track name/Position                      : 1
Performer                                : Pink Floyd
Genre                                    : Progressive Rock
Recorded date                            : 1979
DISCTOTAL                                : 2

Audio
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Duration                                 : 3mn 20s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 818 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Stream size                              : 19.5 MiB (100%)
Writing library                          : libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)

TAudioConverter

Reply #339
@eahm I see your point. There seems to be a DISCTOTAL tag field but there isn't a disc number one. As TAC's reading capacity is limited with what MediaInfo returns, I'm afraid there isn't much I can do until MediaInfo starts reading these tags. I remember reading some MediaInfo parameters related to this, I'll try to look into them.

One more thing, can you post an encoder log so I can see if FFMpeg can read these tags?

TAudioConverter

Reply #341
Thx eahm, it looks like mediainfo cannot get that tag whereas ffmpeg can. I'll try to fix it when I got time.

TAudioConverter

Reply #342
No rush, no big deal, thanks for checking.

TAudioConverter

Reply #343
Update:
-Added: More skins
-Added: Option to disable keeping encoder logs (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Ability to convert to uncompressed aiff files (thx to eahm)
-Added: Temp. wav files will be deleted right after encoding is done (thx to NappyHead)
-Fixed: Too long log save times when encoding to MP3 (Lame) (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Fixed: Mp3 (Lame) progress wasn't shown properly (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Fixed: "Invalid floating point operation" errors
-Improved: Lowered GUI's CPU usage while converting
-Removed: CPU and memory usage bars
-Updated: FLAC to 1.2.1 mod4 by Case (thx to eahm)
-Updated: MadExcept to 4.0.6
-Updated: QAAC and refalac to 2.18

TAudioConverter

Reply #344
Any chance of getting cue+flac(1 file per album) support?

Keep up the great work

TAudioConverter

Reply #345
Hi,ozok

I hope Uncompressed FLAC.
Apple  Macmini  Intel Core i5 (2.6 GHz)

TAudioConverter

Reply #346
What's the use of uncompressed flac? Wouldn't that be the same as saving the WAV?

TAudioConverter

Reply #347
Any chance of getting cue+flac(1 file per album) support?

Keep up the great work

This has been mentioned before. He said he'll add it sometime in future, but other functions and bug fixes is more important atm i guess

TAudioConverter

Reply #348
One user reported a bug and I can confirm it: If you enable a SoX effect, temp. wav files won't be deleted right after encoding but they will be deleted later for sure. I don't use those effects, so I missed it.

About cue sheets, I did some research about it when it was first mentioned here. I remember finding couple of libraries that extract information from cue files. However, them being not good enough (they didn't work on some files), I decided to write my own code. But that'll take some time and currently I don't have much time. The changes in the recent update were done a while ago so I could release it now.

I didn't even know uncompressed FLACs existed. I guess it'd be fairly simple to implement them if FLAC.exe can produce them. I guess point of them is to have PCM data while having better tag support.

Cheers.

TAudioConverter

Reply #349
I didn't even know uncompressed FLACs existed. I guess it'd be fairly simple to implement them if FLAC.exe can produce them. I guess point of them is to have PCM data while having better tag support.

But, again, why? If a program can read FLAC headers it can also recreate the original PCM data. OK, there might be some strange situations where you have lots of storage and network capacity, but extremely limited CPU power for decoding the FLAC, but I can't really think of a real-life example of that kind of a situation.