65 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
foo_discogs, Tags files with information from Discogs
kerumbo
post Apr 16 2014, 17:58
Post #1301

Group: Members
Member No.: 115546

My son likes this plugin a lot, but unfortunately Discogs apparently has decided that they do not like it. Our IP was banned by Discogs recently, so that we couldn't reach the site from home, and when I contacted Discogs the first thing the support guy said was, "Were you running any kind of tagging app, or album art app?". I believe Discogs recently tightened-up their policies, especially about the art but it seems with any kind of tagging app also. I'm still trying to get this straightened-out with the site's administrator. It's a shame, since the plugin is so useful, and my son was only using it to tag music he bought from Discogs sellers anyway. Has anybody else had similar issues with Discogs?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Der Internet
post Apr 18 2014, 01:11
Post #1302

Member No.: 76387

QUOTE (kerumbo @ Apr 16 2014, 18:58) *
My son likes this plugin a lot, but unfortunately Discogs apparently has decided that they do not like it. Our IP was banned by Discogs recently, so that we couldn't reach the site from home, and when I contacted Discogs the first thing the support guy said was, "Were you running any kind of tagging app, or album art app?". I believe Discogs recently tightened-up their policies, especially about the art but it seems with any kind of tagging app also. I'm still trying to get this straightened-out with the site's administrator. It's a shame, since the plugin is so useful, and my son was only using it to tag music he bought from Discogs sellers anyway. Has anybody else had similar issues with Discogs?

yesterday evening it didn't work for me.. now it's fine again but i did not use it much in the last time
+Quote Post
frogworth
post Apr 19 2014, 10:08
Post #1303

Member No.: 76511

Discogs have changed the API terms of use to specifically limit the number of images requests - by application id.
I'm not sure if foo_discogs accounts for more than 1000 image requests per day, but it makes for a substantial change.

Thread here: http://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/52950c194c5e2e7adca760a0

Hopefully our bubbleguuum is on the case... personally I don't mind manually downloading images (I have a keyboard shortcut to open the Discogs page of a tagged release), but I can see the utility of the component for batch image downloading. Sounds like that functionality will have to go now.
+Quote Post
2tec
post Apr 19 2014, 13:55
Post #1304

Member No.: 51676

QUOTE (frogworth @ Apr 19 2014, 03:08) *
Discogs have changed the API terms of use to specifically limit the number of images requests - by application id.

Sadly, these images were all freely contributed, now even the contributors can't get at them as easily. As a result of this, I no longer take the extra time to scan and contribute my images.

This post has been edited by 2tec: Apr 19 2014, 14:10

--------------------
Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence~Potter Stewart
+Quote Post
Anakunda
post Apr 25 2014, 10:21
Post #1305

Member No.: 63072

Hi, I have problem fetching release tags for certain album. the preview shows without problem, so no problem connecting to Discogs.
Error message says: discogs error: release id=2565556: problem connecting to discogs.com
Tried more times to avoid stalled connection, error always.

Phase of error: fetching additional artist info

This post has been edited by Anakunda: Apr 25 2014, 10:23
+Quote Post
neothe0ne
post Apr 27 2014, 03:20
Post #1306

Member No.: 24684

QUOTE (2tec @ Apr 19 2014, 07:55) *
QUOTE (frogworth @ Apr 19 2014, 03:08) *

Sadly, these images were all freely contributed, now even the contributors can't get at them as easily. As a result of this, I no longer take the extra time to scan and contribute my images.

Why not check out MusicBrainz and the Cover Art Archive run by Internet Archive instead? Their data model seems much more competent than Discogs.
+Quote Post
2tec
post Apr 27 2014, 04:31
Post #1307

Member No.: 51676

QUOTE (neothe0ne @ Apr 26 2014, 20:20) *
Why not check out MusicBrainz and the Cover Art Archive run by Internet Archive instead?

Thanks. I find these are good: Album Art Downloader or Album Art Exchange and AlbumArt.

--------------------
Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence~Potter Stewart
+Quote Post
Z4g5r
post May 27 2014, 12:51
Post #1308

Member No.: 106819

I'd like to ask the component author to bring time codes with the next update, so that the tracks length would be visible, like in mp3tag

+Quote Post
LakisFM1
post Jun 1 2014, 08:16
Post #1309

Member No.: 116283

In most releases the tracks are randomly sorted ,
and make the plugin a headache to use , having to reorganize the track row , like a puzzle. crying.gif

Had also to use sort tracks by track time , so have 50% correct track rows.

My .flac files are already containing tracknumber in the tag,
and the filename format is .................................... 01. Artist - Title.flac

Please also add a checkbox to fill %albumartist% with %artist%.

Thank you for the plugin , i hope you make it perfect.

This post has been edited by LakisFM1: Jun 1 2014, 08:23
+Quote Post
Hedgegarlic
post Jun 16 2014, 11:03
Post #1310

Member No.: 116419

QUOTE (LakisFM1 @ Jun 1 2014, 08:16) *
In most releases the tracks are randomly sorted ,
and make the plugin a headache to use , having to reorganize the track row , like a puzzle. crying.gif

Had also to use sort tracks by track time , so have 50% correct track rows.

My .flac files are already containing tracknumber in the tag,
and the filename format is .................................... 01. Artist - Title.flac

I've got the same problem and I can't see a logic to the ordering of the files on the right-hand side.

In some cases I only need the album art and even with the track numbers already filled in, the order is incorrect...
+Quote Post
Der Internet
post Jun 25 2014, 17:46
Post #1311

Member No.: 76387

read the manual!

"Automatically match discogs tracks to local tracks based on track length when available : As it is said, it will match tags and songs only if the number of tracks in both lists is the same and track length is available on discogs.
Warning !! It's not that accurate, so be sure to match tags even with this option checked. (if you have two songs of the same length in particular)"

+Quote Post
Forfit
post Jun 28 2014, 16:34
Post #1312

Member No.: 68870

Why i'm not able to find nothing for Stevie Wonder?
+Quote Post
den_po
post Jul 6 2014, 22:57
Post #1313

Member No.: 87339

QUOTE (Anakunda @ Apr 25 2014, 12:21) *
Hi, I have problem fetching release tags for certain album. the preview shows without problem, so no problem connecting to Discogs.
Error message says: discogs error: release id=2565556: problem connecting to discogs.com
Tried more times to avoid stalled connection, error always.

Phase of error: fetching additional artist info

The same thing
CODE
discogs error: release id=925394: problem connecting to discogs.com

Release link http://www.discogs.com/release/925394
+Quote Post
Z4g5r
post Jul 9 2014, 02:08
Post #1314

Member No.: 106819

Isn't it obvious? Discogs is screwing around with the API again.

I got a real bug, which was an issue since before I can remember. When I call up Find Release window, 'Artist:' line is empty, although it IS tagged. Sometimes Artist's name is pasted, but after I save... was saving the tags from discogs and calling it up again, it was gone. This inherent both to mp3 and flac files.

This post has been edited by Z4g5r: Jul 9 2014, 02:09
+Quote Post
WatsonWW
post Jul 9 2014, 20:43
Post #1315

Member No.: 98176

same thing here, plugin just doesn't work sad.gif

This post has been edited by WatsonWW: Jul 9 2014, 20:44
+Quote Post
fkid
post Jul 10 2014, 07:06
Post #1316

Member No.: 32508

UPDATE: If you paste the exact release URL into the "Release id or url" field, you can still use the plugin just fine. Artist searching capabilities for the plugin are down at this time. It has to be the specific release entry, not just the master URL for the release.

DOESN'T WORK: http://www.discogs.com/Floating-Points-Lov...s/master/194169
WORKS: http://www.discogs.com/Floating-Points-Lov...release/1721776
+Quote Post
mrgypsum
post Jul 10 2014, 15:00
Post #1317

Member No.: 116641

QUOTE (fkid @ Jul 10 2014, 07:06) *
UPDATE: If you paste the exact release URL into the "Release id or url" field, you can still use the plugin just fine. Artist searching capabilities for the plugin are down at this time. It has to be the specific release entry, not just the master URL for the release.

DOESN'T WORK: http://www.discogs.com/Floating-Points-Lov...s/master/194169
WORKS: http://www.discogs.com/Floating-Points-Lov...release/1721776

This is working for me also, its cumbersome but tags the files. its still easier than manual.

thanks.
+Quote Post
fuffi
post Jul 11 2014, 21:47
Post #1318

Member No.: 40490

Hi Folks,

So I've read the lates pages and knew about the api changes.

One question, because the great plugin isnt showing *any* results now for "Los Amigos Invisibles",

while in firefox: http://api.discogs.com/artist/Los%20Amigos...ses=1&f=xml

gives all the information needed. (I copied the url from an earlier post of bubblegum and replaced the artist...)

Could it be, because the plugin is combined with an api-code which is blocked (whatever reason it could be...) or is the plugin using the same url as in my example?

Just want to know, if further testing is useless :-)

I'll give the MusicBrians plugin a try again, but the handling is .... quite unintuitive and strange for me 8-) this plugin ist just the best thing that could happen to all the brave mp3 taggers out there! Thanks for developing and taking the time to do quick fixes!

P.S.
for all, who can't get any results from the plugin too,
It might help, if you just go to the appropriate release page in discogs.com
( in my case: http://www.discogs.com/Los-Amigos-Invisibl.../release/787135 )
and then copy the Release ID (here: 787135) to the clipboard and paste it into the "release id or url" field in the plugins right bottom corner.
in most of the cases it'll work as expected and the tracks are shown and the files can be tagged.

EDIT: why am I seeing it now, that the same info is posted just 2 posts above mine? 8-) I'm sorry to repeat the obvious...

This post has been edited by fuffi: Jul 11 2014, 21:58
+Quote Post
sfman
post Jul 11 2014, 22:24
Post #1319

Member No.: 90784

Hi folks!

I have the same problem with Discogs tagger but there's other thing that seems to be a problem.
It seems like bubblegum has abandoned this component. He wasn't active on this discussion since many months.

This post has been edited by sfman: Jul 11 2014, 22:25
+Quote Post
fuffi
post Jul 11 2014, 22:36
Post #1320

Member No.: 40490

QUOTE (sfman @ Jul 11 2014, 23:24) *
It seems like bubblegum has abandoned this component. He wasn't active on this discussion since many months.

We all have a RL beside using f2k. so be patient, or just try to.
search for alternatives u can use in the meantime, or just try other musicplayers/plugins, or try to write your own if you like. give it a try. summer just arrives here. go out in the sun and enjoy your living. check the girls. they don't wear much atm 8-) ther're a lot things to do in life. actually we can't do them all, i guess :-)

the dev has done a tremendios work here and I don't think he is leaving the community w/o saying "good bye" :-)
+Quote Post
mudlord
post Jul 12 2014, 05:11
Post #1321

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 49165

You people make me sick.

A person does shit for free and you people moan about it.
+Quote Post
Anakunda
post Jul 12 2014, 06:42
Post #1322

Member No.: 63072

Hi. Builtin search button seems to stopped working for me. I have to lookup release on web, then paste the link into url fieeld, that works but is not too comfortable.
Can this be fixed plssss
+Quote Post
fkid
post Jul 12 2014, 07:49
Post #1323

Member No.: 32508

QUOTE (Anakunda @ Jul 12 2014, 00:42) *
Hi. Builtin search button seems to stopped working for me. I have to lookup release on web, then paste the link into url fieeld, that works but is not too comfortable.
Can this be fixed plssss

Looks like it's not necessarily the plugin at fault but the Discogs website/API/server. Can't even load their website or blog at the moment. Successful connections do eventually happen, but there are issues since they introduced the new community-driven search engine update. Give it a few days or weeks and tag manually or use release IDs. The developer is not responsible for these issues in any sense. Enjoy the World Cup games!

This post has been edited by fkid: Jul 12 2014, 08:16
+Quote Post
sfman
post Jul 12 2014, 13:58
Post #1324

Member No.: 90784

QUOTE (mudlord @ Jul 12 2014, 05:11) *
You people make me sick.

A person does shit for free and you people moan about it.

Well, If You talking about me, than its misunderstanding. I'm not criticizing author.
The only thing I wanted to say is my fear that bubblegum is strangely quiet.
This is useful addon for me and I'm only worry if it will be upgraded.
Again, Its not any accusation or hate for the author. Its fear that Discogs tagger won't be working after Discogs API changes. sad.gif

This post has been edited by sfman: Jul 12 2014, 14:00
+Quote Post
Chris Norman
post Jul 16 2014, 20:46
Post #1325

Member No.: 22498

QUOTE (sfman @ Jul 12 2014, 14:58) *
Well, If You talking about me, than its misunderstanding. I'm not criticizing author.
The only thing I wanted to say is my fear that bubblegum is strangely quiet.
This is useful addon for me and I'm only worry if it will be upgraded.
Again, Its not any accusation or hate for the author. Its fear that Discogs tagger won't be working after Discogs API changes. sad.gif

It is a fear that I share. If discogs will disallow such services I won't contribute to them any longer...

--------------------
http://www.vonpell.com
+Quote Post

65 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 05:48