Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist (Read 330944 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #50
hello,
I've noticed that EsPL does not support multiple values Fields, like genre.
genre 1    --> ok
genre 2    --> ok
genre 1; 2 --> shown "genre 1; 2" instead of being including in equivalent genre.

Would it be hard to implement?

by the way, this is a great component. Many thx.
I m dreaming in a fusion between ES & EL Playlist panel...

Reply #51
0.0.6.0 alpha released

Changes include adding the ability to configure the row height and browse library action behavoir

Reply #52
also the switch between dynamic format and simple format after stop of playback works now. 

Reply #53
Is there anyway to create some sort of cache so EsPlaylist doesn't have to look up the albumart everytime I scroll up or down?

Nice plugin so far, Thanks Ssenna.

Reply #54
0.0.6.0 alpha released

Changes include adding the ability to configure the row height and browse library action behavoir

Thanks, ssenna!  This is shaping up to be really great. About this new functionality:

What I'd really like for the library viewer (when double-clicking) is to be able to "Send to AutoSend Playlist and Play", replacing the current playlist contents with the new selection rather than adding to it. 

Additionally, it would be nice to add this option to the context menu for albums and selections (the current "send to playlist" option doesn't start playback after sending).  It'd be best if the chosen default command could be added to the context menu directly at the very top, so we don't have to dig through the submenus to access. 

So, in case this is confusing:  When in "album mode", double-clicking browses the selected album, but right-clicking opens up a context menu with the selected default command (in my case, "send to autoplaylist and play") at the very top, not buried within a submenu.  When in "track list" mode, double-clicking would perform the default command, while right-clicking would also have the default command at the very top.

Finally, is it possible to replace the solid-color selection rectangles with the standard Windows Vista/7-style selection rectangles?  Thanks again for this great component.

Reply #55
I'm longing for the possibility of "Custom Columns" - to show "Rating".
And a "Playing"-column - like in standard playlist view - to show "playing" and "playback queue"-number.

Ok, it's alpha...

Reply #56
just insert one of the preset columns and then edit it with your own custom title formatting. you have to restart foobar if you rename the column though.

Reply #58
Thanks for the latest version ssenna.

I mainly use EsPL as a library viewer, and I wanted to mention, middle click doesn't really work as expected- it acts on the selected item, not on the item you middle click on. I think it would be nicer if it did, so you don't have to click twice to send something to a playlist.

Also, shift+click on groups doesn't let you select multiple groups. It would be nice to be able to click+drag to select multiple groups too.

It might also be good if when you open a group, all of the subgroups aren't selected automatically.

Reply #59
Very nice playlist. I want to use it, the only thing that I'm missing is to set up the artwork size, as it was possible with NG Playlist. I really like to see big covers (300*300) instead of small ones !

I hope it will be possible in future ! 

Reply #60
Very nice playlist. I want to use it, the only thing that I'm missing is to set up the artwork size, as it was possible with NG Playlist. I really like to see big covers (300*300) instead of small ones !

I hope it will be possible in future ! 

Just resize the first column?? works with me.

Reply #61
Not with me ! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I enlarge the column, here is what I have in the 2 views :

I think that the size of artwork has a limit ! (maybe 150*150 or something like this)

Reply #62
Not with me ! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I enlarge the column, here is what I have in the 2 views :
I think that the size of artwork has a limit ! (maybe 150*150 or something like this)

Yeah im sory youre right. i just didnt run into "hardcap" on my small playlist  now ive tried to enlarge column a lot and scaling stopped at one point... probably because of chashing / memory usage senna decided to introduce some kind of limit into this

Reply #63
ssenna, you are genius

So, a m using Es like a library view, and there some bug, when sending files to a playlist (ElPlaylist), files in playlist not grouping properly in some times (group format is simple %album%)

Also, will be cool to a sort files incoming to playlist (like in your Library Tree), and an option to not select all when files was already sended to playlist. And I hope, columns ui colors will be supported. Thanks for your work

Reply #64
+1 for a default (configurable) auto-send playlist
<insert signature here>

Reply #65
Configurable auto-send playlist and configurable sorting are already there in 0.0.6.0!

Reply #66
Wow I'm soooo stoopid... I should have tried the latest version before asking!
This thing is great!
<insert signature here>

Reply #69
Thanks for this very useful add-on.

May I ask for one additional feature?
I use ESPlaylist currently on a playlist with my whole library in it (a kind of coverflow, if you like). As I have a very big library, a functionality like "search by typing charakters" would be ideal. What I mean is, if you type "Dep" that the first matching album artist, which would be "Depeche Mode" for me in this case, is activated. A similar feature is also integrated in Chronials Coverflow and I love that. It makes it to easy to brwose through the library.

Would it be possible to implement this in one of the next releases?

Reply #71
a functionality like "search by typing charakters" would be ideal.

That, a configurable cache feature and also bigger cover pictures
would make it perfect for me!

Thank you for this component.

Reply #72
Bigger covert art can be obtained resizing the cover art column.

Reply #73
Mmmm.... are there any fields like the good 'ol %el_item_count% in this component?

I remember seeing the number of albums by artist in the default configuration.
<insert signature here>

Reply #74
Bigger covert art can be obtained resizing the cover art column.

Thx, I thought resizing the columns wouldn't affect the covers only view.
Should have tried that before requesting...