Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: User feedback for remix in Nero products (Read 5900 times) previous topic - next topic

User feedback for remix in Nero products

We at Nero are interested in users feedback about quality of the upmixing, downmixing, virtual speakers and headphones currently implemented in Nero products (ShowTime, Recode, Vision,...). Which forums do you suggest for getting such feedback?

Do you, people that read here, use remixing in Nero products? How would you grade it compared to products from other companies? Would you use Nero products more if we improve remixing algorithms?

Reply #1
Hey there man,

As a proud Nero 6 customer (who recommends Nero on his music website for burning audio CD's), I'd just like to say I love your product

But for digital audio editing I don't use Nero ShowTime (was that what you were asking?). I use Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition). If remixing means something else, please correct me

Regards,
- Spike

Reply #2
Hi Spikey,

Nero ShowTime is software for multimedia playback.
Remixing in this case means another thing.
I am not asking about wave editors.
Question here is about remixing from x channels to y channels.
For example when you play DVD that has 5.1 surround on your stereo system remixing from 5.1 to 2 channels is needed (this is downmixing). Playing stereo files on 7.1 system with utilization of all speakers is another example (this is upmixing).

Cheers, Goran.

Reply #3
Right.. well, the most hi-end setup I've ever had is Creative 2.1, and I just like to hear DVD audio (as opposed to making it perfect), so I guess I'm no help  Good luck with this.

- Spike

Reply #4
I'd be happy if the Audio stuff would handle 32 bit float.
(SoundTrax, Wave Editor).

Reply #5

I would also be happy if handling 32bit float is possible. I even reported this problem some time ago, but the answer is that there is no public interest in this. So, if there is more people that need this please add your vote for adding 32bit support in Soundtrax and Wave Editor.

Though this is not the topic of this thread

Reply #6

I would also be happy if handling 32bit float is possible. I even reported this problem some time ago, but the answer is that there is no public interest in this. So, if there is more people that need this please add your vote for adding 32bit support in Soundtrax and Wave Editor.

Though this is not the topic of this thread

Sorry.  Just wanted to make sure someone at Nero knows.