19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Jplay - just another scam? YES IT IS!
db1989
post Jul 14 2013, 18:25
Post #401

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

But Propheticus, if you spell a word wrong by mistake on one occasion, that proves that you’re not qualified to comment about this fine product and that it is, in fact, the panacea it’s always claimed to be! (reference) rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TomasPin
post Jul 14 2013, 19:53
Post #402

Group: Members
Member No.: 108508

Grammar Nazis. Never resting, always watching. Be afraid, be VERY afraid. unsure.gif

If they want to believe in magic, let them be. However, the fact that they care to respond so loudly to any claims against their magic is at least counter-productive to their intentions, at most annoying as hell. They won't let us discuss this in peace I'm afraid...

--------------------
A man and his music: http://tubular.net/
+Quote Post
Porcus
post Jul 14 2013, 20:25
Post #403

Member No.: 38207

QUOTE (db1989 @ Jul 14 2013, 11:50) *
The mention of low-latency RAM is presumably just a disengenuous reference to normal RAM

Not to defend their marketing, but RAM could be said to be “low-latency” compared to hard drives.

--------------------
One day in the Year of the Fox came a time remembered well
+Quote Post
Robertina
post Jul 14 2013, 21:59
Post #404

Member No.: 65169

Both Jplay's developers and Jplay's supporters have failed to confute our arguments against this piece of software. Instead, more or less explicit threats with legal consequences for some posters or attempts to reveal real persons behind member names.

So aren't we through with this topic?
+Quote Post
Propheticus
post Jul 14 2013, 23:28
Post #405

Member No.: 93615

QUOTE (db1989 @ Jul 14 2013, 19:25) *
But Propheticus, if you spell a word wrong by mistake on one occasion, that proves that you're not qualified to comment about this fine product and that it is, in fact, the panacea it's always claimed to be! (reference) rolleyes.gif

Lol, I hadn't even seen that reply. I guess it was removed before I could. English is not my native language....and even then, I believe my writing is perfectly comprehensible. In my book, if you have to resort to ad-hominem arguments and pointing out spelling errors you've lost the debate. *add laughter resembling a neighing horse here*
+Quote Post
Mike@MSR
post Dec 27 2013, 00:03
Post #406

Member No.: 113582

Look guys - I have been in the audio and pc world from the beginning and have worked at Cirrus Logic and Texas Instruments and was on the design teams who designed the high end dacs you guys use. PC audio is flawed due to timing interrupts and software that can make a big difference in sound quality even if the bits are bit perfect
as claimed by JRiver and Foobar or whoever. All software sounds different. I OWN every software package out there and on a high end rig - it is easy to hear it. I had placed cPlay at the top of the heap until I heard JPlay. JPlay is the best sounding out of all programs I have. Not only do I hear it - all of the other guys I have turned them onto it hear the same thing.
Jitter is a huge issue in digital audio - and the PC is horrendous with it. Asynchronous USB interfaces do not eliminate it, much as we would like to claim it does.
Here is my list of best sounding software -
JPlay
cPlay
Ardore
Fidelia
Amarra
Audivarna
JRiver

And yes - for best audio - the file should be loaded into memory Ram , and played out of Ram (1 stick is best) all other processing should be turned off, no background activity. It is easy to hear..... try running JPlay on it's own and not within JRiver or Foobar.

IT IS NOT A SCAM!!!!

Mike R

+Quote Post
includemeout
post Dec 27 2013, 00:28
Post #407

Member No.: 76067

Blimey! You are certainly not shy at all when it comes to tooting your own horn, are ya?

I mean, for a first post (and for an old worn-out thread) this is too unexpected (maybe unnecessary?) to say the least.

This post has been edited by includemeout: Dec 27 2013, 00:29

--------------------
Listen to the music, not the media.
+Quote Post
Satellite_6
post Dec 27 2013, 02:53
Post #408

Member No.: 83831

QUOTE (Mike@MSR @ Dec 26 2013, 18:03) *
Look guys - I have been in the audio and pc world from the beginning and have worked at Cirrus Logic and Texas Instruments and was on the design teams who designed the high end dacs you guys use. PC audio is flawed due to timing interrupts and software that can make a big difference in sound quality even if the bits are bit perfect
as claimed by JRiver and Foobar or whoever. All software sounds different. I OWN every software package out there and on a high end rig - it is easy to hear it. I had placed cPlay at the top of the heap until I heard JPlay. JPlay is the best sounding out of all programs I have. Not only do I hear it - all of the other guys I have turned them onto it hear the same thing.
Jitter is a huge issue in digital audio - and the PC is horrendous with it. Asynchronous USB interfaces do not eliminate it, much as we would like to claim it does.
JPlay
cPlay
Ardore
Fidelia
Amarra
Audivarna
JRiver

And yes - for best audio - the file should be loaded into memory Ram , and played out of Ram (1 stick is best) all other processing should be turned off, no background activity. It is easy to hear..... try running JPlay on it's own and not within JRiver or Foobar.

IT IS NOT A SCAM!!!!

Mike R

It is sad that people actually believe this shit. . .

--------------------
JDS Labs ODAC/O2 -> Sennheiser HD 650
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Dec 27 2013, 03:00
Post #409

Member No.: 19379

QUOTE (Mike@MSR @ Dec 26 2013, 23:03) *
and played out of Ram (1 stick is best)

AWESOME. I'M GOING TO TRY THIS RIGHT NOW AND I'LL BE BACK WITH MY RESULTS VERY SOON!!! cool.gif
+Quote Post
A_Man_Eating_Duc...
post Dec 27 2013, 05:58
Post #410

Member No.: 705

QUOTE (Mike@MSR @ Dec 27 2013, 11:03) *
Why are you using a PC based audio system if jitter it's such a "horrendous" issue?

QUOTE (Mike@MSR @ Dec 27 2013, 11:03) *

IT IS NOT A SCAM!!!!
If you think like this, then you already have been scammed!

This post has been edited by A_Man_Eating_Duck: Dec 27 2013, 06:00

--------------------
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.
+Quote Post
greynol
post Dec 27 2013, 06:58
Post #411

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

This new guy is nobody special. Unfortunately being an engineer doesn't preclude you from being a deluded placebophile.

Mike R:
There are plenty of credentialed people here who are well disciplined in all of the fields pertinent to the subject matter of this forum, which include and extend beyond hardware design. Touting your experience buys you nothing here, especially when it is followed by the type of garbage you proceeded to shovel.

If you wish to participate here you are obligated to follow our rules. Your first post here is not cutting it (rule #8, specifically).

--------------------
I should publish a list of forum idiots.
+Quote Post
Porcus
post Dec 27 2013, 20:59
Post #412

Member No.: 38207

I wonder why it is so rare to see jitterophobes point out that their DAC has a buffer ...

--------------------
One day in the Year of the Fox came a time remembered well
+Quote Post
godrick
post Dec 27 2013, 21:27
Post #413

Member No.: 86948

"Mike" is either a victim spreading his misplaced revelations, or he's a predator trolling for the vulnerable.

My opinion has thus evolved to "the less attention, the better". On more important matters, I must get back to my "Lilyhammer" marathon.
+Quote Post
Arnold B. Kruege...
post Dec 28 2013, 13:11
Post #414

Member No.: 61311

QUOTE (Mike@MSR @ Dec 26 2013, 18:03) *
Look guys - I have been in the audio and pc world from the beginning and have worked at Cirrus Logic and Texas Instruments and was on the design teams who designed the high end dacs you guys use.

Are you sure that many of us do much listening through high end DACs?

I have several but they pretty much get tasked to measuring the performance of audio gear.

PC audio is flawed due to timing interrupts and software that can make a big difference in sound quality even if the bits are bit perfect
as claimed by JRiver and Foobar or whoever.

That's a generalization and all generalizations are false. I think in a more sober moment you might do better saying:

" PC audio can flawed due to timing interrupts and software can make a big difference in sound quality even if the bits are bit perfect."

IOW, turn down the bubbles and hyperbole. ;-)

When you start ranting about interrupts I think of a old laptop with a 1 GHz single core processor and lots of resident junkware running.

All software sounds different.

How can that be when lots of it doesn't even measure significantly different?

I OWN every software package out there and on a high end rig - it is easy to hear it.

In order to post here you had to promise to abide by TOS #8. Did you read and comprehend it?

"8. All members that put forth a statement concerning subjective sound quality, must -- to the best of their ability -- provide objective support for their claims. Acceptable means of support are double blind listening tests (ABX or ABC/HR) demonstrating that the member can discern a difference perceptually, together with a test sample to allow others to reproduce their findings. Graphs, non-blind listening tests, waveform difference comparisons, and so on, are not acceptable means of providing support."

Do you see your recent posting activity as meeting the terms that you agreed to?

I had placed cPlay at the top of the heap until I heard JPlay. JPlay is the best sounding out of all programs I have. Not only do I hear it - all of the other guys I have turned them onto it hear the same thing.

JPlay
cPlay
Ardore
Fidelia
Amarra
Audivarna
JRiver

IT IS NOT A SCAM!!!!

Mike R

I thought you said with few if any qualifications:

"PC audio is flawed due to timing interrupts".

If PC audio is so flawed, how can any of it sound any good?
+Quote Post
includemeout
post Dec 28 2013, 14:59
Post #415

QUOTE (godrick @ Dec 27 2013, 18:27) *
"Mike" is either a victim spreading his misplaced revelations, or he's a predator trolling for the vulnerable.

By his hit & run style, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing much of Mr. Mike@MSR any time soon. rolleyes.gif

Or is he sharpening his claws/reloading his guns for a second round? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Robertina
post Dec 28 2013, 15:09
Post #416

Member No.: 65169

^^ Mike's absurd and deceptive statements are suspected to be aimed at something completely different than it seems to be.
+Quote Post
includemeout
post Dec 29 2013, 10:16
Post #417

Moderation, I understand the half a dozen posts which were descending into a flame war being in the recycle bin, but where's the rest of the thread please?

--------------------
+Quote Post
kraut
post Dec 29 2013, 10:36
Post #418

Member No.: 85965

QUOTE (includemeout @ Dec 29 2013, 02:16) *
Moderation, I understand the half a dozen posts which were descending into a flame war being in the recycle bin, but where's the rest of the thread please?

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=104026
+Quote Post
includemeout
post Dec 29 2013, 10:41
Post #419

QUOTE (kraut @ Dec 29 2013, 07:36) *
QUOTE (includemeout @ Dec 29 2013, 02:16) *

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=104026

Now it's definitely where it belongs. laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

Thank you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ferongr
post Dec 31 2013, 11:24
Post #420

Member No.: 55298

QUOTE (bennetng @ Mar 30 2013, 19:26) *
1. The test signal should not be very close to 0dBFS because Windows will automatically limit the volume to prevent clipping, resulting a non bit-perfect stream.

Sorry for the slightly offtopic message but I've never heard about this before. Is there a website/thread with more information about this? Does it only affect MME or does it also affect DirectSound?
+Quote Post
lvqcl
post Dec 31 2013, 11:53
Post #421

Group: Developer
Member No.: 49183

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matthew_van_eerde/...le-signals.aspx
+Quote Post
Ferongr
post Dec 31 2013, 15:01
Post #422

Member No.: 55298

If my highschool-level math didn't fail me then the limiter works on peaks above -0.2dBFS so it's not audible even on audio with 0dBFS peaks.
+Quote Post
lvqcl
post Dec 31 2013, 15:16
Post #423

Group: Developer
Member No.: 49183

20*log(0.985) ≈ -0,1313 dB FS

This post has been edited by lvqcl: Dec 31 2013, 15:16
+Quote Post
mudlord
post Jan 1 2014, 04:08
Post #424

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 49165

http://jplay.eu/jcat/
+Quote Post
bennetng
post Jan 1 2014, 06:53
Post #425

Member No.: 26587

QUOTE (mudlord @ Jan 1 2014, 11:08) *

Making cables and other physical gadgets is a smarter move. At least skeptics cannot test them unless they have them. Such gadgets are also easier to develop, sellers can just use third party products and put their brand name on it. Also, software can be cracked while hardware cannot.

Making fraudulent "audiophile" software is a silly idea to begin with. All malicious merchants should learn a lesson from JPlay.
+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 04:53