Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_vlevel (Read 210782 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #100
Thank you soooo much !!!

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #101
Well, I just encountered the same problem again, with mudlord's build ("runtime error...")

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #102
Weird, I'll see about compiling a debug build for you to see where exactly it crashes....

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #103
Strange, I can't hear difference between vlevel active and not in foobar 1.0. This was my favorite plugin in 0.9. What could happen, that this plugin doesn't work now? I tried one from post#99 and #67 too :/

I've the same issue with crossfeed.

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #104
Just wanted to say thanks for this plugin. It allowed me to ditch winamp and a truly ancient winamp plugin (enhancer) that had a similar effect on the music. Thanks again!

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #105
bump, just hoping this component will stay alive

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #107
Visual Studio 2008

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #108
Thanks Canar, those sources fixed the problem.

Hello,

I use the plugin for conversion. It crashes when switching input from mono to stereo (heap corruption when delete[]-ing buffers). Also sampling rate changes from one track to another result in corrupted data.
I guess the plugin better use std::vector instead of simulating it with those error-prone value_t** datatypes.

DSP reset between tracks is active (default).

I'll see how this code can be improved in terms of correction and performance in the next days.

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #109
Never mind, just found that fb2k has a VST plugin. Put my lovely Guitar Rig there, a simple stomp compressor does the job great, sounds like radio now.

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #110
I have some very old and poorly recorded spoken content where vlevel is indispensible.  I tried various VST compressors as per the previous comment, but either I didn't know how to use them or they simply couldn't cut the mustard.  So I've tweaked the source to a later SDK and compiled it.  If anyone wants it.
vlevel.zip

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #111
::

Thank you very much.

Greetings, ...

::

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #112
Thanks for that, any advantage on using this instead of latest available one in this thread ?
(as old version seems to work flawlessly here)

I have some very old and poorly recorded spoken content where vlevel is indispensible.  I tried various VST compressors as per the previous comment, but either I didn't know how to use them or they simply couldn't cut the mustard.  So I've tweaked the source to a later SDK and compiled it.  If anyone wants it.
vlevel.zip

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #113
Thanks for that, any advantage on using this instead of latest available one in this thread ?
(as old version seems to work flawlessly here)

vlevel.zip

No advantage; I thought we didn't have a working build, I tried a few, then built my own.  If there were already working builds then I wasted my time.

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #115
What is your favourite setting for this plugin?
We have three bars to manipulate: strength, max multiplier, buffer length.
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #116
Mine are :

strength  : 0.80
max mult : +28db
buffer      : 2.0s

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #117
Any way to get this to a buffer length of 0.00 sec?

I'd like to set up an auto-gain / compresser sort of thing to boost quiet parts of music, yet not drop the volume until the exact moment loud parts of music play. If I set VLevel to even the lowest buffer setting it doesn't sound right.

I'll check out VST plugins and stuff, though I thought I'd ask.

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #118
Hi there !

Anyone knows a working link for the lastest V-Level version ? The link in this thread isn't working.

Thanks

I'm using foobar2000 1.2.4 by the way.

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #119
I don't think vlevel is now compatible with the fb2k SDK, but I've found that EBU R128 Compressor foo_dsp_r128norm does the same job better, for my purposes and I use that instead.

I've also had some luck with the trial version of TB Compressor from ToneBoosters trial pack (running via the VST plugin support).
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #121
Can someone make ICL version of this plugin?

Re: foo_dsp_vlevel

Reply #122
Can anybody out there grab this component and update it to fix crashes in latest versions of foobar? this component is NOT replaced by "EBU R128 normalizer" or "replaygain" as some people said. I'm listening to old live theater radio shows and due to the bad quality of sound in general in that time, the voice volume goes high and low due to face placement when speaking to the mic by the artists. Compressor components FAIL to maintain an acceptable listen volume when the face of the artists are not pointing exactly into the mic, instead I get a lot of background compression buzzing noise but the voice level hardly risen. This is the only component that raises or lowers the volume as needed in real time and lets me enjoy the show, also it works for music too. In my opinion these are different worlds, people are confusing volume with compression.
EBU R128 compressor doesn't dynamically raise or lower the volume, it tries to rise lower frequencies and lower high volumes to well... compress the signal as intended, but that is not a real time volume normalization. Vlevel by the contrary adjusts the gain in real time.

If anybody can fix this component I would be grateful. 
Thank you!

(also, running VST's is something that foobar doesn't seem to like either (random crashes) so can't use those.)

Reply #123
Try https://foobar.hyv.fi/?view=foo_dsp_vlevel. That is a fixed version I made for someone who asked it in 2018.

Updated 2023-08-27: The old 2018 version was still crashy. Updated some more.

Reply #124
this component is NOT replaced by "EBU R128 normalizer" or "replaygain" as some people said.
I'm surprised anyone thinks that.  Replay Gain controls the volume setting for a track overall, and make no attempt to alter the dynamic range, nor is it meant to.

I know less about R128 Normaliser, but as I had it touted to me as an alternative to Replay Gain...
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.