IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Album art support in 0.9.5 (thread split), Album Art viewer, source patterns, stub image, embedded images etc.
gaillard
post Dec 5 2007, 05:15
Post #101

Group: Members
Member No.: 26232

I havn't read this entire thread, sorry

But is there any support for png images, I can only get this to work with jpg (Everything I have is png...)

Thanks for the help
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
eNc7
post Dec 7 2007, 12:29
Post #102

Member No.: 40087

QUOTE (Fandango @ Nov 5 2007, 16:11) *
But IMHO there should be an option in the Advanced preferences dialog, where we can enter wildcards of our own. (Just like the ones under "Legacy title format settings" or "Properties dialog" or even those like "Media Library->File Types").

For example I don't have any image files that match "*back.*" (the back of what exactly?), I would need a match like "*tray card outside.*". And I probably won't rename all my scans, I'd rather wait for a better album art component I could use with the new Default UI.

Absolutely right...! Personalization is the biggest advantage of foobar...
What I need is...
When I got an album with 2 discs... my folder structure looks like this...
for disc 1: (...)\Artist\Album Name\01\
for disc 2: (...)\Artist\Album Name\02\

but... the album images are placed in
(...)\Artist\Album Name\

With the album list panel for columnsUI I checked the tags for choosing a cover art file...
CODE
$replace(%path%,$ifgreater($META(TOTALDISCS),1,%directoryname%'\'%filename_ext%,%filename_ext%),)folder.*

So... give us the possibility customizing our "sources" for front cover, back inlay, disc and icon... smile.gif

--------------------
Help me! The beetles have trapped me between the walls...!
+Quote Post
nlights
post Dec 7 2007, 19:57
Post #103

Member No.: 28682

QUOTE (eNc7 @ Dec 7 2007, 13:29) *
So... give us the possibility customizing our "sources" for front cover, back inlay, disc and icon... smile.gif

Thats what I need, too. Albums with multiple cds have this structure: \%artist%\%artist% - %album%[\CD%discnumber%]\ folder.jpg is in \%artist%\%artist% - %album%\.
It is found by albumart-panel via
CODE
$replace(%path%,$directory(%path%)\%filename_ext%,)folder.*

best regards,
nlights

This post has been edited by nlights: Dec 7 2007, 20:02
+Quote Post
chongy5
post Dec 10 2007, 21:13
Post #104

Member No.: 43211

Is there any limit on the resolution of the files?

I'm currently a bit confused. I'm getting album art, formatted as %artist% - %album% showing for a few tracks, but for others no luck. Are these even meant to work?
+Quote Post
eNc7
post Dec 14 2007, 10:27
Post #105

Member No.: 40087

Hi... is it possible to add more personalization to the album art panel...?
What I need is... When I got an album with 2 discs... my folder structure looks like this...
for disc 1: (...)\Artist\Album Name\01\
for disc 2: (...)\Artist\Album Name\02\

but... the album images are placed in
(...)\Artist\Album Name\

With the album list panel for columnsUI I checked the tags for choosing a cover art file...
CODE
$replace(%path%,$ifgreater($META(TOTALDISCS),1,%directoryname%'\'%filename_ext%,%filename_ext%),)folder.*

So... give us the possibility customizing our "sources" for front cover, back inlay, disc and icon... just like it is realized for the columns or groups in the playlist view... by giving a name and a pattern... it would be great...! smile.gif

This post has been edited by eNc7: Dec 14 2007, 10:28

--------------------
Help me! The beetles have trapped me between the walls...!
+Quote Post
toNka
post Dec 19 2007, 11:35
Post #106

Group: Validating
Member No.: 41572

Anyway to get it to read an ICO file?
I keep a folder.ico file in each director and view my folders as icons, looks much cleaner than thumbnail view.
Here's an example:

So each folder has a folder.ico file instead of a folder.jpg file.
+Quote Post
casedawg
post Dec 31 2007, 04:49
Post #107

Member No.: 49919

Are there any plans to add some of the old album art plugin functions?

Specifically, I'm thinking of:
- Ability to refresh the album art by clicking in the album art panel, so you can display the updated art without disrupting playback if you change the art or add new art to the folder while a song is playing
- Ability to lock the panel to display the album art for the song that is playing, regardless of what song is selected or what playlist you are navigating (double clicking the album art panel toggled between displaying the art for the selected song, or the playing song).
+Quote Post
anonnamiss
post Jan 2 2008, 20:07
Post #108

Member No.: 47699

I"ve upgraded to 0.9.5 final and the album art plugin has completely stopped recognizing all embedded art and cover.jpg files. Everything displays as my default "no image" file.

Edit: NVM. It seems I just had to re-apply my layout. problem solved

This post has been edited by anonnamiss: Jan 2 2008, 20:10
+Quote Post
Janny
post Jan 2 2008, 21:17
Post #109

Member No.: 46319

Is there a way to later a bit the plugin so it doesn't look for the cover in the same folder as the song.
I want to make it something like this:
Make an artwork folder where I put all my covers.
name all covers this way - ArtistAlbumCover.jpg (for instance PinkFloydTheWall.jpg) Or something like that.
The plugin should take the name of the artist and the album from the tags and then look for a match in that folder.
It's confusing to have all those folder.jpg-s on my HDD and I my torrent client seems to dislike it when there are files in the folder that shouldn't be there.
+Quote Post
Zoominee
post Jan 4 2008, 16:19
Post #110

Member No.: 11012

Hi! Thanks for foobar2000 version 0.9.5, it works like a charm and I like the new layout.
Is it possible to look for the album art in the containing folder, in the case where there is no album art in the current folder? E.g. if I have my music arranged in folders like this:
Artist\Album\(Disc)\Music....

Then if there is no album art in the disc's folder, look in Album. If there is no album art for that album, take the "album" art from the artist's folder.
+Quote Post
Mr. Pacman
post Jan 6 2008, 15:52
Post #111

Member No.: 42045

Hello, i have just updated to 0.9.5 final and the album art viewer shows "multiple items" when i browse for an album. I read somewhere that you have fixed that..how can i make it show me the cover? I noticed that in albums that i didn't had cover art in their tags, album art viewer was working and displayed folder.jpeg i had inside the album folder. How can i force album art viewer to display album art inside the folder without having to remove cover art from the tags?
+Quote Post
Mr. Pacman
post Jan 9 2008, 13:34
Post #112

Member No.: 42045

QUOTE (Mr. Pacman @ Jan 6 2008, 08:52) *
Hello, i have just updated to 0.9.5 final and the album art viewer shows "multiple items" when i browse for an album. I read somewhere that you have fixed that..how can i make it show me the cover? I noticed that in albums that i didn't had cover art in their tags, album art viewer was working and displayed folder.jpeg i had inside the album folder. How can i force album art viewer to display album art inside the folder without having to remove cover art from the tags?

Where did the thread split? Any answer to my question?
+Quote Post
TedFromAccountin...
post Jan 10 2008, 18:57
Post #113

Member No.: 12650

Overall, the built in album art feature is great. I still have a couple of issues with it however.

1. Make it possible so that the art is not automatically resized (display images at their original resolution) I display my art at 500x500, but its hard to find everything at that size, so some are smaller (300x300 etc). They get resized and end up looking rather blurry and poor quality.

2. Give the choice to choose between the art included in tags, or an external image (folder.jpg cover.jpg etc). Right now it seems to default to the art contained in the tags first, which is often much smaller than the art I manually put in each folder.
+Quote Post
trackfan504
post Jan 15 2008, 08:35
Post #114

Member No.: 20456

Freeware complaints are one step up from taking offense to buggy warez code. That said I hesitate to ask if additional display options are under development or if users preferring DefaultUI best roll with the punches to enjoy this feature?

Library is about 2000 folders; any batch utilities to rename images file anyone can suggest?
Thanks
+Quote Post
SanderM
post Jan 22 2008, 20:45
Post #115

Member No.: 50161

About the problem that foobar shows 'multiple items' when selecting an album that has the same cover for all the songs in it, because they are stored in tags.
I've read that the reason for this problem is that it is impossible or atleast very hard/inconvenient to compare the covers to check if they're the same.

But a program like Mp3tag shows the same cover if multiple songs with the same cover are selected. And it is being read from the tags. So this is making me think that it is possible to solve this problem in foobar.

Just a suggestion, but maybe Florian can help Peter with this?
+Quote Post
Janny
post Jan 26 2008, 07:01
Post #116

Member No.: 46319

QUOTE (trackfan504 @ Jan 15 2008, 09:35) *
Freeware complaints are one step up from taking offense to buggy warez code. That said I hesitate to ask if additional display options are under development or if users preferring DefaultUI best roll with the punches to enjoy this feature?

Library is about 2000 folders; any batch utilities to rename images file anyone can suggest?
Thanks

Like this?
+Quote Post
patrick s.
post Jan 26 2008, 20:56
Post #117

Member No.: 49503

Do I see it correctly that with the current search pattern(s), it's not possible to have album art for album images (i.e. one audio file with embedded cue sheet per album and several of them in a single directory)? Unless of course I put each of them in their own directory which wouldn't make much sense.
+Quote Post
The Link
post Jan 26 2008, 21:06
Post #118

Member No.: 3911

If you give the album art file the same name as the album image file, it should also be recognized by foobar.

This post has been edited by The Link: Jan 26 2008, 21:10
+Quote Post
patrick s.
post Jan 26 2008, 21:09
Post #119

Member No.: 49503

QUOTE (The Link @ Jan 26 2008, 21:06) *
If give the album art file the same name as the album image file, it should also be recognized by foobar.

Thank you, that worked smile.gif
+Quote Post
morphguy12
post Jan 26 2008, 22:37
Post #120

Member No.: 40359

Request:

Artist Image option as well smile.gif

Thanks!!
+Quote Post
Audio N00b
post Jan 30 2008, 03:00
Post #121

Member No.: 47132

The ones of you loading the art in an embedded form, what is the field name being used? Because it seems foobar catches the folder.jpg, but individually it won't load the embedded covers sad.gif
+Quote Post
Zastai
post Feb 4 2008, 19:24
Post #122

Member No.: 6847

QUOTE (The Link @ Oct 27 2007, 09:47) *
It is already implemented and working fine here (tested wavpack and musepack files). It just doesn't work with apev2 embedded album art in mp3 files (id3v2 embedded album art is supported though). I don't think that apev2 tagging in mp3 files is worth further pushing now that there's a reliable and sane implementation of id3v2 tagging in foobar2000.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree - when I first started using foobar (somewhere around 0.8 I think), it influenced me to start using APEv2 exclusively as tag format (and it's still faster to work with than ID3v2 because it's appended rather than prepended). So I don't see why the previously-hailed-as-superior tag format should suddenly be treated as inferior. While it doesn't affect me overly much (I'm down to 18.7% MP3 files, with the bulk of my 25000+ files in FLAC format), I still find this annoying. I realize that APEv2 doesn't really have a "standard" tag for album art, but it's easy enough to make that configurable (it seems reasonable to default to the tag name used by MP3Tag).

Secondly, since I'm working on adding album art to my FLACs (I prefer embedding over external files; with lossless files, the extra size is relatively negligible anyway), it would be nice if foobar detected that all selected files have the same data in their album art tag instead of always going to [multiple items].
+Quote Post
iblys
post Feb 8 2008, 12:34
Post #123

Member No.: 51130

Just wanting to voice a few requests:

- "Only display art for playing track (don't follow selection)" - I too would very much like this. I would like to add that it follows the selection in Facets and I would want to turn this off, I imagine this would be resolved by implenting this feature.

- I would like to put a 'padding' of maybe 5 pixels so that the album art doesn't stretch from edge to edge, but there's a little black border around it.

- When "Multiple items" appears, I think it would be cool to have thumbnails of each item.
+Quote Post
SanderM
post Feb 10 2008, 23:59
Post #124

Member No.: 50161

Regarding the problem that foobar shows 'multiple items' when selecting an album that has the same cover for all the songs in it, because they are stored in tags.
Isn't it possible to fix this?

I think it is possible because a program like Mp3tag shows the same cover if multiple songs with the same cover are selected. And it is being read from the tags. So this is making me think that it is possible to solve this problem in foobar.

Am I forgetting something? Or is it perfectly possible and not yet implemented?
+Quote Post
Fandango
post Feb 11 2008, 01:04
Post #125

Member No.: 8353

QUOTE (SanderM @ Feb 10 2008, 23:59) *
Regarding the problem that foobar shows 'multiple items' when selecting an album that has the same cover for all the songs in it, because they are stored in tags.
Isn't it possible to fix this?

Probably by storing a checksum of the album art in the database, because that's faster to compare than a big album art image, because those are loaded on demand from the tags (I guess). So when the checksums for the covers of all selected files matches then it will be displayed.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 04:00