Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Amazing Speed (Read 7290 times) previous topic - next topic

Amazing Speed

OK I have been using ogg for a while now, as the quality is very good, however when I tried MPC I was blown away by how fast it encodes, it is quite unbelievable, also sounds very good, is there a way of ripping directly to MPC though without going through a command line encoder, I use EAC at the moment but would prefer to use CDEX.
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Amazing Speed

Reply #1
Musepack is a command line encoder and can be used with a variety of frontends, like EAC or Foobar2000.  You'll want to configure the command line parameters in CDex similiar to how you are in EAC.
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

Amazing Speed

Reply #2
Surely MPC is very good. But I think Lancer compiles of Ogg Vorbis are extremely fast too. Give it a try: Here.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Amazing Speed

Reply #3
Yeah, try out the Lancer optimized builds, they're usually about 2 times faster, which is certainly quite usable.

Amazing Speed

Reply #4
Musepack is a command line encoder and can be used with a variety of frontends, like EAC or Foobar2000.  You'll want to configure the command line parameters in CDex similiar to how you are in EAC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377603"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah thanks for the help but is there a dll file to put in cdex directory like ogg ones?
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Amazing Speed

Reply #5
Yeah thanks for the help but is there a dll file to put in cdex directory like ogg ones?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377802"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Use External Musepack Encoder in the Encoder selection.
Break The Rules!!!