Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to display album count in artist header using Simplaylist
evil roy
post Aug 23 2013, 07:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72891

In the screenshot below the number "38" in the artist header is the number of songs by that artist achieved by using %items% in the Simplaylist > Groups preferences. Is there a way to display the number of ALBUMS instead?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Aug 23 2013, 08:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19379

no, i don't think so. i know %items% is not standard throughout foobar so i checked the documentation for simplaylist and found it listed. i think you're limited to what is listed there plus all the global stuff which foobar supports natively (which only works on a per track basis - there are no aggregating/counting features for groups). a really dirty workaround would be to custom tag all music by a given artist with the album count and display that but i doubt you want that.

EsPlaylist is an alternate playlist viewer which does support what you want. it has its own special value named %es_subgroup_count%. it is slightly different appearance wise compared to simplaylist and is probably a bit trickier to configure but it does support inline album art like you have in your screenshot.

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#esp
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 00:45