Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] Foobars Incredible Sound Quality... (Read 2143 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] Foobars Incredible Sound Quality...

I read this is the FAQ section:
  " *  Q: Does foobar2000 sound better than other players?
    * A: No. Most of “sound quality differences” people “hear” are placebo effect (at least with real music), as actual differences in produced sound data are below their noise floor (1 or 2 last bits in 16bit samples). Foobar2000 has sound processing features such as software resampling or 24bit output on new high-end soundcards, but most of other mainstream players are capable of doing the same by now."

Are they? Maybe I'm just dreaming, but the sound has never been C L E A R E R --------

I've compared it to almost every other player QT, Quintesential (2nd place) , WMP, RP, etc...

I have pretty good hearing, it must be the player... I'm using an older Dell with an Aureal soundcard... I don't know, maybe it's all in my head. I must say I'm having troble configuring it (my inexperience) , but who cares with this sound...

any ops?