Low quality of my cartridge+preamp—can you suggest others? ≤€500
pdq
post Mar 8 2012, 16:09
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 24233

QUOTE (dumdidum @ Mar 8 2012, 08:49) *
QUOTE (pdq @ Mar 7 2012, 20:23) *
If you think that one channel of the preamp has a problem then swap the channels and see if it moves to the other side.

may i ask one really stupid question for clarification: is it sufficient to swap the channels on the RCA cables, right? so hook up the left of the dual RCA cable coming out of my technics to the right input of my S4 and the right RCA to the input labelled left on my S4?

Swap both inputs and outputs of the preamp, so you will still hear the left channel on the left and the right channel on the right. but each channel will be using the opposite side of the preamp.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dumdidum
post Mar 8 2012, 17:05
Post #27

Group: Members
Member No.: 96595

QUOTE (pdq @ Mar 8 2012, 16:09) *
QUOTE (dumdidum @ Mar 8 2012, 08:49) *
QUOTE (pdq @ Mar 7 2012, 20:23) *
If you think that one channel of the preamp has a problem then swap the channels and see if it moves to the other side.

may i ask one really stupid question for clarification: is it sufficient to swap the channels on the RCA cables, right? so hook up the left of the dual RCA cable coming out of my technics to the right input of my S4 and the right RCA to the input labelled left on my S4?

Swap both inputs and outputs of the preamp, so you will still hear the left channel on the left and the right channel on the right. but each channel will be using the opposite side of the preamp.

well, i cannot swap the outputs of the preamp, as the S4 preamp is internal. so i suppose i just swap the left and right of the RCA cable and swap left and right once more in software after finishing the recording.

it was a bit of a weird question. initially, i was thinking about switching left and right sides on the cables that connect the cart with the headshell. but yeah, i got it now. i'll check out if there's a problem with one side of the preamp. thanks for the idea!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 16:07