Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Otachan's in_!mpg123 (Read 217249 times) previous topic - next topic

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #150
Thanks to kjoonlee's translation.
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,
I Ain't Gonna Live Forever,
I Just Want To Live While I'm Alive.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #151
Sorry to bring this thread back up but just discovered this plugin.

I use FLAC at home but they turn into LAME encoded MP3s on my iPod so that's what I have at work.

Amazingly I have in_mpg123 outputting at 24-bit into out_asio(dll) with gapless on into asio4all. This little laptop appears to support 24-bit

Sorting all this from just having a plain Winamp install with no ASIO makes a huge difference in quality!!!

Now I have to sort it out on my HTPC for the MP3s that I do have.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #152
Any ABX results?

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #153
Any ABX results?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335377"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think my boss would like me trying out  Was definitely a perceptible (is that even a word?) increase in treble detail and bass quality over standard Winamp...lucky I already encode MP3s for my iPod using -V 2

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #154
Human perception is far from perfect. If it were, we won't have lossy compression at all.

If you think it sounds better, good for you, but it's probably not better at all.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #155
Updated again to ot88.2

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #156
Updated again to ot89.3
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #157
Updated to version ot91.1

changelog since ot89.3
Ver. 1.18y ot91.1

* It accelerates decoding.
      In comparison with the Ver. it has become approximately 30% high speed 1.18y ot88.2 approximately 10%, in comparison with the Ver. 1.18y ot89.3.
    * It corrects the fact that it cannot decode the monaural data normally with the Ver. 1.18y ot90.

Ver. 1.18y ot90

* It accelerates decoding which becomes slow with the Ver. 1.18y ot89.3.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #158
Updated to ot92.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #159
Updated to ot93.

Anyone got an page of converted text for the out_asio plugin?

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #160
Updated to ot94.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #161
I edited the original post again to mention the changes:

Ver. 1.18y ot94
Fixed crashes happening immediately before end of playback when full file-buffering was in effect.

Ver. 1.18y ot93
Switched compiler to Visual C++ Ver. 8.0.50727.42.

---

People who follow this thread, what do you think? Should I keep editing the original post, making it longer and longer? Or should I just post updates?

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #162
I edited the original post again to mention the changes:

Ver. 1.18y ot94
Fixed crashes happening immediately before end of playback when full file-buffering was in effect.

Ver. 1.18y ot93
Switched compiler to Visual C++ Ver. 8.0.50727.42.

---

People who follow this thread, what do you think? Should I keep editing the original post, making it longer and longer? Or should I just post updates?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348544"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should keep editing the original post.
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #163
Updated to ot95.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #164
Or should I just post updates?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349125"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But are there any reasons why? Could you tell me, please?

BTW, I added the following info again:

Ver. 1.18y ot95
No longer converts integer samples to 16bit integer samples when handing data to visualization plugin.
Requires Winamp 5.12 or higher.

16bit int -> 16bit int
24bit int -> 24bit int
32bit int -> 32bit int
32bit float -> 16bit int
64bit float -> 16bit int

In order to prevent processing slowdown, floating-point samples get converted to 16bit integers, not 32bit integers.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #165
Or should I just post updates?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349125"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But are there any reasons why? Could you tell me, please?
...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350673"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree with editing the original post (together with a new announcement post): easier to get the information when you need it.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #167
Bugreport for in_mpg123.dll ot95.1 (reproduced on 2 different systems with different builds of in_mpg123.dll):

Open winamp and the playlist editor in classic skin mode, and add a bunch of audio files to be decoded with the in_mpg123.dll.
Start playing an audio file in the playlist, and then put the playlist editor in "Winshade mode" (this is the semi-minimized display mode for the playlist editor).
Make the playlist editor 'bar' active and scroll the mousewheel up and down for a bit. This will toggle the currently played song in the playlist.
After scrolling for a bit (thus quickly changing the played back song), winamp will become unresponsive and can now only be killed with task manager.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #168
Bugreport for in_mpg123.dll ot95.1 (reproduced on 2 different systems with different builds of in_mpg123.dll):

Open winamp and the playlist editor in classic skin mode, and add a bunch of audio files to be decoded with the in_mpg123.dll.
Start playing an audio file in the playlist, and then put the playlist editor in "Winshade mode" (this is the semi-minimized display mode for the playlist editor).
Make the playlist editor 'bar' active and scroll the mousewheel up and down for a bit. This will toggle the currently played song in the playlist.
After scrolling for a bit (thus quickly changing the played back song), winamp will become unresponsive and can now only be killed with task manager.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=353983"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

and fixed already (ot96.1 is the new build).. amazing!

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #169
in_mpg123.dll = Updated to ot97

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #170

There is a bug in in_mpg123 ot97 that when you load up a large MP3 file (in this example a 260MB one), it makes winamp use ~300MB of memory.  When I go back to the winamp in_mp3 plugin, the memory usage goes down to ~30MB.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #171

There is a bug in in_mpg123 ot97 that when you load up a large MP3 file (in this example a 260MB one), it makes winamp use ~300MB of memory.  When I go back to the winamp in_mp3 plugin, the memory usage goes down to ~30MB.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354410"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you enabled the option "full caching" in the preferences dialog. this is not a bug, AFAIK

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #172
You're correct, I have.  What useful purpose does it serve?

When I posted my configuration of the plugins 3 months ago here, I was dismissed.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #173
in_mpg123 is nice... but... there is one problem

that little 'enable' checkbox, the way i see it, it is unnecessary, since anybody that is actually going to use it more than likely knows how to stop in_mp3 from being used for mp3. that one checkbox causes major issues for streaming (as it will try to decode an aac+ stream  even if the extention is set to .aacp) i noticed in the source that there is a list of extentions that it wont try to decode for streaming.. wouldnt it make more sense for it to be more along the lines of:

if stream extention is specified and not mp3, then dont try to decode it 

personally, i would prefer it to only decode *.mp3 (maybe mp1/2 as well) and not try to decode unlabeled streams, i would rather let in_mp3 try to figure out what format a stream like http;//server:8000 actually is
Vorbis-q0-lowpass99
lame3.93.1-q5-V9-k-nspsytune

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #174
Silly question I guess.

What's the best Output format for this? I have his ASIO output plugin going via S/PDIF into my Denon amp?

Cheers!