Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a 'jump to song' option? (Read 1925 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a 'jump to song' option?

What I would like to do is press spacebar and have my playlist automatically scroll down to the song I'm playing so I don't lose my place.

Sorry to ask what I'd assume is a repetitive question - I searched Google but all I found were several results about "cursor follows playback" and an addon that allows you to find the song with ctrl+alt+j -- but I believe these both are not what I'm wanting.

Reply #1
Type "show now" in the keyboard shortcuts Action list filter box - and you should find:

[main] -- View -- Show Now Playing

- though this command will act differently if you have the notification area icon enabled.

Alternatives:
  • Double-click the status bar
  • Toolbar menu: Shift + View -> Show Now Playing

For Columns UI : [main] -- View -- Columns Playlist -- Activate now playing

Reply #2
Type "show now" in the keyboard shortcuts Action list filter box - and you should find:

[main] -- View -- Show Now Playing

Alternatives:
  • Double-click the status bar
  • Toolbar menu: Shift + View -> Show Now Playing

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I'm wanting. Though that is still a cool feature.

What I'm interested in is an option that will automatically scroll through the playlist and locate the song/album I'm playing when I hit said button - similar to Winamp. For example, let's say I'm listening to an album that's near the bottom of my playlist and I scroll to the top for whatever reason.. well, instead of manually finding the album I'd rather just hit space and it finds it for me. Just a nice little feature to make things easier for me as I have a pretty long playlist.

Reply #3
Sorry, it looks like my edits came too late, while you were already replying.

Did you try double-clicking the status bar?

Also, assuming it is the Default UI you're using, if you disable
Preferences -> Display -> Default User Interface // System notification area: [] Always show ... icon
then you should be able to use the previously mentioned command with a shortcut key.

Reply #4
Sorry, it looks like my edits came too late, while you were already replying.

Did you try double-clicking the status bar?

Also, assuming it is the Default UI you're using, if you disable
Preferences -> Display -> Default User Interface // System notification area: [] Always show ... icon
then you should be able to use the previously mentioned command with a shortcut key.

Ah, that was exactly what I was wanting (Activate now playing). 

Thanks for the help!