Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC vs cdparanoia vs Feurio (Read 3364 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC vs cdparanoia vs Feurio

I could rip on

1) a Linux box with a Plextor 32X SCSI CD-ROM with cdparanoia
2) a Windows box with a Plextor 40X SCSI CD-ROM
  a) with Feurio
  b) with EAC

I somehow prefer approach 1, since I already encode on Linux and don't care about the slower extraction speed - or will the newer 40X / the windows software give me better quality?

Regards

Fallen

Reply #1
2b

a) with Feurio
 B) with EAC

In many ways has EAC proved superiour to me. It does all that I'd want and much more.

Reply #2
Originally posted by Fallen Guru
I could rip on

a) with Feurio
  b) with EAC

I somehow prefer approach 1, since I already encode on Linux and don't care about the slower extraction speed - or will the newer 40X / the windows software give me better quality?

40x and 32x are the (therical) CD-Rom read speeds. The CD-DA extraction speed must be much lower, like 10x. Perhaps that both drives have the same CD-DA extraction speed.
Beetween cdparanoia and eac, i don't know. For "philosophy", i prefer to use free softwares and since i have NEVER read any article (an ABX comparison, for example), that show that the files produced with eac sound different that the ones produced with cdparanoia full, i would say to use what you want