Reply to this topicStart new topic
Embedded Album Art with WavPack
ChristianHJW
post Jan 30 2006, 23:08
Post #26

Matroska developer

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

'Somebody' had to code a wavpack packet decoder for Foobar, adding the wavpack codec ID to foo_matroska would be trivial.

About DirectShow players, after installation of the latest matroska full pack 1.1.2 every Wavpack file (.wv or .mka) will play in every DShow player, including album art.

Soon we will also have Wavpack support in TCPMP, the Core Pocket Mediaplayer. This will allow playback on all Pocket PCs (PPC), Palm and Symbian units.

Christian
matroska project admin

EDIT : of course, we also add FLAC support to TCPMP .....

This post has been edited by ChristianHJW: Jan 30 2006, 23:59

--------------------
Support matroska - the bestest vapourware project ! http://www.matroska.org
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DARcode
post Feb 1 2006, 10:50
Post #27

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 18968

QUOTE (ChristianHJW @ Jan 30 2006, 08:44 PM)
Album Art is already possible for Wavpack when being put into matroska container (MKA).

Christian
matroska project admin

Noted, but since .WV files already support APEv2 tags and several audio players support WavPack while few support the .MKA/V container (correct me if I'm wrong) that'd be the longer route to it, don't you think?

--------------------
WavPack 4.70.0 -b384hx6cmv/qaac 2.41 -V 100
+Quote Post
DARcode
post Feb 1 2006, 10:55
Post #28

QUOTE (ChristianHJW @ Jan 31 2006, 12:08 AM)
'Somebody' had to code a wavpack packet decoder for Foobar, adding the wavpack codec ID to foo_matroska would be trivial.

About DirectShow players, after installation of the latest matroska full pack 1.1.2 every Wavpack file (.wv or .mka) will play in every DShow player, including album art.

Soon we will also have Wavpack support in TCPMP, the Core Pocket Mediaplayer. This will allow playback on all Pocket PCs (PPC), Palm and Symbian units.

Christian
matroska project admin

EDIT : of course, we also add FLAC support to TCPMP .....
Okay, I guess I stand corrected to some extent, but how many mass taggers support .MKV/A files please?
Still since WavPack supports the embedding of all necessary metadata by itself I'm kinda prone to considering an additional container superflous, no disrespect, I'm a big Matroska fan.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DARcode
post Feb 5 2006, 15:07
Post #29

Anyone has tested Mp3tag's behaviour in this regard?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Florian
post Feb 5 2006, 15:24
Post #30

Mp3tag developer

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 6411

QUOTE (DARcode @ Feb 5 2006, 03:07 PM)

Mp3tag doesn't support album art for APEv2 tags currently (because of the "never more than 8 KByte" part on Klemm's APE Tag page).

Furthermore the current version strips binary fields from the tag, but the current internal version already preserves binary fields.

Best regards,
~ Florian

--------------------
Mp3tag - universal multi-format tag editor
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
+Quote Post
ChristianHJW
post Feb 5 2006, 16:23
Post #31

Matroska developer

Member No.: 74

QUOTE (DARcode @ Feb 1 2006, 09:55 AM)
Okay, I guess I stand corrected to some extent, but how many mass taggers support .MKV/A files please?

no users ----> no app support
no app support ----> no users

-----> catch 22 !

Christian
matroska project admin

--------------------
Support matroska - the bestest vapourware project ! http://www.matroska.org
+Quote Post
Florian
post Feb 11 2006, 21:58
Post #32

Mp3tag developer

QUOTE (Ganymed @ Feb 5 2006, 03:24 PM)

Furthermore the current version strips binary fields from the tag, but the current internal version already preserves binary fields.

Just FYI: this is fixed with current Development Build smile.gif

Best regards,
~ Florian

--------------------
+Quote Post
DARcode
post Feb 12 2006, 18:06
Post #33

QUOTE (Ganymed @ Feb 11 2006, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (Ganymed @ Feb 5 2006, 03:24 PM)

Just FYI: this is fixed with current Development Build smile.gif

Best regards,
~ Florian

Very nice.
What about The GodFather's direction then?
Sticking with APIC?

--------------------
+Quote Post
DARcode
post Jul 3 2006, 23:28
Post #34

Dunno if it's already been noticed, but as of version 1.2 AudioShell supports cover art in APE tags.

http://www.softpointer.com/AudioShellHistory.htm

--------------------
+Quote Post
audioaficionado
post Jul 4 2006, 01:44
Post #35

Member No.: 31279

QUOTE (fearan @ Jan 24 2006, 15:36) *
I have found a way to display Album Art in Winamp... but it doesn't utilize APEv2 tags to get the image. I put the cover pics in the album folder and downloaded a winamp plugin that can make use of that. I did the same for foobar2000.
here they are:

Winamp: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138586

Foobar2000: (i don't remember where i got it, but it wasn't at hydrogenaudio... the link was broken when i tried it.)
Thanx for that link. Toaster is working great displaying my album art on my desktop even when Winamp is minimized.

What was the name of that foobar plugin? smile.gif

The album art panel works fine but only if foobar is NOT minimized.

Edit: Toaster also has a foobar version on the main download page but it is somewhat dated and won't work for v0.9.

http://www.myplugins.info/update.php?plugi...76&type=install

This post has been edited by audioaficionado: Jul 4 2006, 02:34
+Quote Post
gfngfgf
post Jul 4 2006, 04:35
Post #36

Member No.: 17951

QUOTE (audioaficionado @ Jul 3 2006, 17:44) *
Edit: Toaster also has a foobar version on the main download page but it is somewhat dated and won't work for v0.9.

foo_prettypop is a plugin that is overall similar to Toaster (it pops up a little window with info about the currently playing song and album art). Of course, there are some differences, since they're completely separate plugins.
+Quote Post
audioaficionado
post Jul 4 2006, 05:30
Post #37

Member No.: 31279

Thanx for that prettypop link. The only bug for me is the inability to re-size the height but that will be addressed eventually I'm sure.
+Quote Post
Alex B
post Jul 4 2006, 15:17
Post #38

Member No.: 24472

QUOTE (DARcode @ Jul 4 2006, 01:28) *
Dunno if it's already been noticed, but as of version 1.2 AudioShell supports cover art in APE tags.

http://www.softpointer.com/AudioShellHistory.htm

Interesting. Softpointer has adopted the "Cover Art (front)" tag, which I suggested earlier in this thread.

However, I couldn't make the cover art image appear in J. River Media Center (I suppose there are no other players that can display embedded APEv2 cover art yet). At first I couldn't find a reason for this. The APEv2 tag was apparently identical with a tag made by JRMC, but then I found an explanation. AudioShell adds ID3v1 tags besides the APEv2 tags. If ID3v1 tags are present JRMC reads only them and cannot see the APEv2 tags. As a test I removed the ID3v1 part with a hex editor. This fixed the problem.

Hopefully the Softpointer developer (s?) sees this and removes the redundant ID3v1 tag writing part or makes it optional and not the default behavior (I couldn't find an option for this).

I uploaded three new test samples here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=40860

This post has been edited by Alex B: Jul 4 2006, 15:21

--------------------
http://listening-tests.freetzi.com
+Quote Post
DARcode
post Jul 5 2006, 00:47
Post #39

Mighty glad you had a look into this again Alex B, noticed Softpointer Inc. used the tag you suggested.

Any way to strip WavPack files of ID3v1 with different means than a hex editor please?

--------------------
+Quote Post
bullinchinashop
post Mar 16 2007, 00:08
Post #40

Member No.: 34439

QUOTE (DARcode @ Jan 24 2006, 05:13) *
As pointed out by guruboolez the Winamp WavPack plug-in doesn't allow tag editing and david has PM'd me for the winamp plugin with tag editing--I am accepting patches!, so isn't this a jolly good time to implement that and what's been requested in this thread biggrin.gif?

Any developers? Sorry, I'm not one crying.gif (I'm a network admin).

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
dBoweramp will allow you to edit tags in wavpack files (and .ape and and .flac and .mp3 and .wma and .ogg...)It will also allow you to transcode between all formats that it supports (You can even go from ogg to flac though I'm not sure why you'd want to. All tags are carried over to the new file too.
This trial software though - $28 after 30 days trial period
+Quote Post
DARcode
post Mar 16 2007, 14:48
Post #41

QUOTE (bullinchinashop @ Mar 16 2007, 01:08) *
QUOTE (DARcode @ Jan 24 2006, 05:13) *

As pointed out by guruboolez the Winamp WavPack plug-in doesn't allow tag editing and david has PM'd me for the winamp plugin with tag editing--I am accepting patches!, so isn't this a jolly good time to implement that and what's been requested in this thread biggrin.gif?

Any developers? Sorry, I'm not one crying.gif (I'm a network admin).

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
dBoweramp will allow you to edit tags in wavpack files (and .ape and and .flac and .mp3 and .wma and .ogg...)It will also allow you to transcode between all formats that it supports (You can even go from ogg to flac though I'm not sure why you'd want to. All tags are carried over to the new file too.
This trial software though - $28 after 30 days trial period
The dBpowerAMP developer, spoon, posts here consequently the majority of HA users are familair with the app, as well as with a few other means to edit APE tags the most of which are free too, the point here is integrating that functionality into the WavPack plug-in for Winamp.

--------------------
+Quote Post
steve3386
post Apr 18 2007, 09:23
Post #42

Member No.: 42220

I am ripping my CD's to WavPack images and LameMP3 tracks (using EAC with REACT2). Can I embed the cover art in the WavPack (wv) file? I don't think I can do this through the wvpack executable. If not, is there another executable to do this, or can I only embed it using foobar after encoding everything.
+Quote Post
Night Surfer
post May 12 2007, 04:05
Post #43

Member No.: 31692

My Kenwood HD30GB9 can embed art, edit tags (using Kenwood Media Application), and display album art from wav files.

This post has been edited by Night Surfer: May 12 2007, 04:07
+Quote Post
dssme
post May 23 2007, 15:48
Post #44

Member No.: 39755

what about tagscanner? http://www.xdlab.ru/en/index.htm Although I havent used it on wavpacks, I have on mp3s and flacs so I can assume it'll fly...you can do each folder individually (as in each cd)...also I like to keep a "Folder.jpg" in each folder to help when viewing via explorer and also to work with a winamp plugin...I dont own an ipod but I do know the video models do show embedded art
+Quote Post
emkey08
post May 25 2007, 11:13
Post #45

Member No.: 32698

Hello all,

I'm currently working on a free generic tool to tag *any* music file with full support of *all* tags (ID3 v 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, APE v 1 & 2, Lyrics3 v 1 & 2, ogg vorbis comments, mp4 tags and wma tags already work fine).

I've also had a look at the binary data of the "Cover art (front)" APEv2 tag item, but the format is different than the ID3 APIC frame or any native image format. Does somebody know a specification of this tag item format written by AudioShell or JRMC?

Thanks!
Mathias
+Quote Post
emkey08
post May 25 2007, 11:38
Post #46

Never mind, I found out myself.

It's simply a null terminated string (the absolute file name, which is pretty useless), followed by the binary picture data.

I think there really should be an "official" specification of attached pictures and lyrics tags on the APE wiki page

I would suggest to use the same format as the ID3 APIC frame. ID3 tags have nothing to do with APE, but there are two good reasons to do this anyway:

1) The format is a common standard and widely supported by existing ID3 implementations. It would be easy for developers to adopt this format for APE tags because they don't have to re-implement a different tag format.
2) The APIC tag format is capable of storing description text and image type into the same single tag item.

This would help to establish a standard for embedding pictures into APE tags!!

Cheers
Mathias
+Quote Post
spoon
post May 25 2007, 21:32
Post #47

dBpowerAMP developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 1615

Except JRMC has been tagging Monkeys audio files with album art for a long time, changing the specification after it is out in the wild serves no purpose.

--------------------
Spoon http://www.dbpoweramp.com
+Quote Post
emkey08
post May 26 2007, 15:11
Post #48

QUOTE (spoon @ May 25 2007, 22:32) *
Except JRMC has been tagging Monkeys audio files with album art for a long time, changing the specification after it is out in the wild serves no purpose.

Well, this is correct of course. Would you say that the "JRMC format" has established as a "standard" format for attached pictures in APE tags? If yes, it would still help to include this specification to the wiki page so that other developers can find this information too and don't implement their own tagging styles for APE pictures.

Mathias
+Quote Post
spoon
post May 26 2007, 17:37
Post #49

dBpowerAMP developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 1615

Yes, as Matt who invented apev1 and monkeys audio, implmented the album art.

--------------------
Spoon http://www.dbpoweramp.com
+Quote Post
Florian
post Jul 15 2007, 13:38
Post #50

Mp3tag developer

Just wanted to let you know that the current Development Build of Mp3tag adds support for cover art with APEv2 tags.

Cheers,
Florian

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 16:09